S Don Carey
S Rolan Milligan

Special teams

K Matt Prater

P Sam Martin
P Kasey Redfern

LS Jimmy Landes
LS Don Muhlbach

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/5/4/15540848/2017-detroit-lions-53-man-roster-prediction-post-draft

I don't like the idea of carrying 3 QBs, especially when I don't think either backup is particularly good. I'd probably just keep Burton as he is an alright special teams player. Hopefully a player or two gets cut from their current team who can help the Lions roster.

Burton feels like a waste to carry, but I can live with it. 

I bet they try to stash Kaaya on the PS the way they stashed Rudock on the PS last year

It would be nice if they could upgrade that 4th safety spot a bit, or at least find a UDFA with some upside who can beat out Carey. I also wonder if Bademosi could move there. 

11 DL is a lot, but it could happen. I think ideally we'd drop Zettel and keep another LB. 

You mean the Don Muhlbach era is over?     Nothing will ever be the same again.   I don't know that I even want to watch another game.  

Don Muhlbach gave me one of my greatest psychic moments.   Driving home from a friend's house on December 19, 2004 with a couple other friends we had the Lions game on the radio (the game was blacked out).  I was driving up I-75 as Joey Harrington brought the Lions back from a 28-21 deficit with 8 seconds left and threw a touchdown pass to Roy Williams......and I said "They'll fumble the snap and lose".............and then Mulbach screwed up the snap and they lost.  I laughed so hard I had to pull over.     He had one job........one..........and blew it.  

You left off Andre Fluellen I see. It is an annual right of passage that he makes the roster every couple of years.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You left off Andre Fluellen I see. It is an annual right of passage that he makes the roster every couple of years.

For the record I didn't write the list. I linked to website, I just posted it for debates sake. I think the Lions will probably sign another player or two, maybe someone gets cut on another team.

Matt Jones in Washington might be on the outside looking in. Averaged 4.6 yards a carry in 7 games last year.

The WR position battle looks to be pretty entertaining.

i think they'll sign at least one running back to compete with/replace zenner or washington.  or both.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:54 PM, MAROTH4MVP said:

I don't like the idea of carrying 3 QBs, especially when I don't think either backup is particularly good. I'd probably just keep Burton as he is an alright special teams player. Hopefully a player or two gets cut from their current team who can help the Lions roster.

I disagree.  I also like Burton, and hope there is a way to keep him.  QB's gain value when they are young and play well in the preseason.  The Packers and the Patriots have done this for years.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

I disagree.  I also like Burton, and hope there is a way to keep him.  QB's gain value when they are young and play well in the preseason.  The Packers and the Patriots have done this for years.

It just eats up a roster spot for a player who isn't going to play. Lions lose versatility when the inevitable injury happens. When the likes of Armbrister is starting at LB, you will miss not having a extra LB on the roster instead.

The CB situation is also interesting and a spot where the Lions could keep another CB instead of 3rd QB. Diggs is worth holding onto I think for next season. 

2 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

You really know a lot about QBs. Clearly I shouldn't argue with someone so knowledgeable as you. 

UpKTzUs.jpg

Brees isn't that young, or that good. 1-12-2005

56 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

You really know a lot about QBs. Clearly I shouldn't argue with someone so knowledgeable as you. 

UpKTzUs.jpg

Out of 32k posts, I'll miss a couple.  I'm not going to waste my time proving you wrong, you've already done that.

What a sophomoric jackhole.

I'm not sure which comes off worse: that someone would keep a record of twelve-year old posts to show up another internet poster, or that someone would dig through twelve years of internet posts to score a point on a message board.
5 people like this

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

I'm not sure which comes off worse: that someone would keep a record of twelve-year old posts to show up another internet poster, or that someone would dig through twelve years of internet posts to score a point on a message board.

Thank you.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

What a sophomoric jackhole.

I like that.  Can I use that?   There is someone that fits that perfect and I want to say it to his face........he'll laugh his jackhole off.  

I think Brad Kayaa will be the next Tom Brady when Stafford goes down in Week 3............Lions win the Super Bowl with Kayaa and then have a lot more cap money NEXT year when Stafford signs with Houston.  

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I like that.  Can I use that?   There is someone that fits that perfect and I want to say it to his face........he'll laugh his jackhole off.  

I think Brad Kayaa will be the next Tom Brady when Stafford goes down in Week 3............Lions win the Super Bowl with Kayaa and then have a lot more cap money NEXT year when Stafford signs with Houston.  

Yessir...

13 hours ago, Jason_R said:

I'll take Cruzer to go get some grub at Sizzler.

eNLUua.gif

i'm pretty sure if you went back 12 years of my posts you'd find all sorts of stupid predictions.  like my love of mike williams and how i was all for taking eugene monroe over matt stafford.  i really liked mark sanchez too.  

my favorite cruzer argument was when he said joey harrington was better than peyton manning.  not will be better, but is better.

we all make mistakes.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i'm pretty sure if you went back 12 years of my posts you'd find all sorts of stupid predictions.  like my love of mike williams and how i was all for taking eugene monroe over matt stafford.  i really liked mark sanchez too.  

my favorite cruzer argument was when he said joey harrington was better than peyton manning.  not will be better, but is better.

we all make mistakes.

I thought he would have of a sense of humor about it. Instead he just got offended. Thin skinned.

It was mean spirited.  Didn't like it.  I treat other people better than that.

Well this jack hole still thinks keeping an unused 3rd QB with limited upside on the roster is a poor idea. The Lions don't have the coaching staff the Patriots have. Especially when I think the Lions would be  losing a player with legitimate upside to keep a 3rd QB.

11 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Well this jack hole still thinks keeping an unused 3rd QB with limited upside on the roster is a poor idea. The Lions don't have the coaching staff the Patriots have. Especially when I think the Lions would be  losing a player with legitimate upside to keep a 3rd QB.

We have a damn good QB developer though. 

Again though, I'm sure they'll stash Kaaya the way they stashed Rudock and make a decision if they have to. I don't think you let him walk away for free if you value him at all, that's all I know