Sign in to follow this  
detroittigerfan

APRIL 2017 SUCCESSES

I thought I would try one more posting to see if there is any interest in keeping the "Autograph Successes" thread active.  If not, that's OK, but in the past we have helped each other out by sharing information.

I was fortunate to go to Opening Day in Detroit last week Friday.  I spent a lot of time by the Tiger dugout but the only graph I got there was Matt Boyd, who signed for maybe 15 of us.  Tyler Collins briefly came over and signed one or two items after calling someone over to see him.  J. V. did leave the dugout and went to the fence along the left field foul line and signed maybe 10 items.  I did not see any other players sign inside the ballpark.

I did manage to get Chris Illich to sign a Tiger Magazine over his photo after he came off the field following the pre-game activities.  Years ago I ran into his Dad at Tiger Stadium, and since I did not have anything for him to sign, I talked him into signing a dollar bill.  Would like to get Chris to also sign this bill!

Did anyone else get any Tiger autos either inside or outside the ballpark?  Any suggestions?  They are getting next to impossible to get.

Living in Florida, I can't add any info on how the Tigers are signing at Comerica.

How'd everyone do with Spring Training TTM?

I did just OK:

Dustin Molleken

Justin Miller

Fernando Rodney (Padres camp)

Tyler Collins

Brad Ausmus

BTW, I'm trying to find Upton and Fransisco Rodriguez autos on Tigers cards. If you have one for sale or trade please let me know.

Jim

I enjoy reading "Autograph Successes" but haven't had an April success to share. I'm working on a 1978 Topps Tiger team set and have sent out a couple requests. 

15 hours ago, jimtigers65 said:

I enjoy reading "Autograph Successes" but haven't had an April success to share. I'm working on a 1978 Topps Tiger team set and have sent out a couple requests. 

Same, haven't really been doing much TTM or IP. Hope to start up more this summer. I have had two recent Cubs successes, in the interest of contributing, I'll post here:

Tom Ricketts (IP at a talk he gave in Grand Rapids)

IMG_0232_zpspmpr6xpr.jpg

Ryne Sandberg (TTM)

Sandberg%20lights_zpsbblst11l.jpg

Not Detroit Tigers, but wanted to share. My former neighbor signed a few baseballs for me back in December prior to leaving for Los Angeles. Joe Davis, the new color commentator for the Los Angeles Dodgers--replacing Vin Scully, signed three baseballs for me and my sons:

Joe%20Davis_zpsasgbnuas.jpg