Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

Game 82: Pistons @ Magic

Recommended Posts

The finale of this terrible season. 

8:10 tip.

Pistons are locked into 12th so this is a meaningless game. Let's see BOBAN!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Thanks for doing the game threads all year.

They're nice and plain.

Kinda like SVG's offense

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never understand this team.

On 3PTA where the defender is 6+ feet away, the Pistons rank 29th in shooting percentage at 32.6%.

On 3PTA where the defender is 0-2 feet away, the Pistons rank 1st in shooting percentage at 41.4%.

The other teams defensive strategy should literally be, leave them open.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I will never understand this team.

On 3PTA where the defender is 6+ feet away, the Pistons rank 29th in shooting percentage at 32.6%.

On 3PTA where the defender is 0-2 feet away, the Pistons rank 1st in shooting percentage at 41.4%.

The other teams defensive strategy should literally be, leave them open.

That is insane. 

This really has been a strange season. Happy to put it in the books after tonight and move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the nets are "resting" their best players tonight versus the bulls.  its the last game of the season and theyre resting them.

the nba should fine them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the nets are "resting" their best players tonight versus the bulls.  its the last game of the season and theyre resting them.

the nba should fine them.

This has to be a priority for the NBA this offseason, right?  I mean, its going to create a pretty significant fan backlash if it keeps going in the direction its going, right?

Cut down/out the back-to-backs seems reasonable.  Maybe the regular season is extended by a week to help with this.

Total games aren't going to be cut down.  Playoff seeds/games aren't going to be cut down.

If players need more rest during the season, maybe teams should cut down on the minutes per game for their players?  Use the bench more often?

There have been some suggestions like rest games should be served at home rather than the road, but how does that get legislated?  Team will just create minor injuries to give guys days off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the league should start docking teams draft picks.  start with san antonio and cleveland.

of course, the union will get pissed if they do that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Spurs would gladly forfeit the pick for rest and just grab some guy off the streets of Europe and have him shoot 40 percent from deep

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the **** of it, can we just see BOBAN play like the entire game? Just play him until he can't go anymore.

He has like 7 inches on Biyombo. He could conceivably go for 30/30

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Just for the **** of it, can we just see BOBAN play like the entire game? Just play him until he can't go anymore.

He has like 7 inches on Biyombo. He could conceivably go for 30/30

post-5348-Star-Trek-deciding-gif-kEQX.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there was something they could do about the resting situation.  But there really isn't.  You would just end up with a bunch of guys having migraines or other undetectable medical ailments.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I wish there was something they could do about the resting situation.  But there really isn't.  You would just end up with a bunch of guys having migraines or other undetectable medical ailments.  

Cut the regular season and reduce playoff teams.

So basically what you said- They can't do anything about it because that ain't happening, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Cut the regular season and reduce playoff teams.

So basically what you said- They can't do anything about it because that ain't happening, lol.

70ish games over the same time frame would be great.

But you're right, never happening.  Even though it could if the players would take a paycut equal to the percentage of games they would be losing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deleterious said:

70ish games over the same time frame would be great.

But you're right, never happening.  Even though it could if the players would take a paycut equal to the percentage of games they would be losing.  

72 games would be perfect. Eliminate divisions. Play everyone in your conference 3 times (42 games) plus a home/away against the other conference (30 games)

Start a week earlier like they are going to do, and you can basically knock out a lot of the schedule inequities with 10 fewer games.

I would cut the playoffs to 6 and give the top 2 teams byes.

Never will happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drummond is the guy that makes the most sense to trade.

He will be 24 and has an elite skill. He fits perfectly in Boston. His limitations get magnified on a team like the Pistons where he's counted on to be the guy.

Jackson has no trade value

KCP is their best player

Harris is difficult to trade because he's the best pure scorer on a bad offensive team

Morris is extremely difficult to trade because of his contract

Smith and Leuer are solid bench players on nice contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I will never understand this team.

On 3PTA where the defender is 6+ feet away, the Pistons rank 29th in shooting percentage at 32.6%.

On 3PTA where the defender is 0-2 feet away, the Pistons rank 1st in shooting percentage at 41.4%.

The other teams defensive strategy should literally be, leave them open.

pretty odd. Maybe some of that is because the bad 3pt shooters only attempt them when they are too open to to pass up - but remain bad at it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Drummond is the guy that makes the most sense to trade.

He will be 24 and has an elite skill. He fits perfectly in Boston. His limitations get magnified on a team like the Pistons where he's counted on to be the guy.

Jackson has no trade value

KCP is their best player

Harris is difficult to trade because he's the best pure scorer on a bad offensive team

Morris is extremely difficult to trade because of his contract

Smith and Leuer are solid bench players on nice contracts.

You got to trade one of Morris and Harris.  The forward position is a mess right now.  I am partial to Harris.  The other side of the Morris contract is that it probably increases his trade value.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boban continues to be a revelation.  That is one positive going into the offseason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      95,431
    • Total Posts
      2,708,700
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×