MAROTH4MVP

2017- Redwings Offseason

21 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

How can the Redwings be up against the cap with so little talent. I think that says a lot about the GM. This is not a quick re-build. It will take years.

That's why at this point the only real discussion point on this franchise should be when will Ken Holland get fired and what do we as fans have to do to hasten that along. We need to start speaking out with our pocketbooks to get the organization to listen.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That's why at this point the only real discussion point on this franchise should be when will Ken Holland get fired and what do we as fans have to do to hasten that along. We need to start speaking out with our pocketbooks to get the organization to listen.

Mr.I was likely telling him to Holland to keep the streak alive at all cost. I am not sure how meddling Mr.I was. I also take into account Holland has been pretty anti-rebuild in his dealings with the press. So I think no one in the organization was looking long term. A losing team is going to be punishment enough for ownership, as many fans stayed away last season and tickets could be had on the secondary markets dirt cheap. I remember having to pay an absurd amount of money to sit in the nose bleeds at the Joe.

Two new guys with goals tonight: Rasmussen had a very nice tip on a power play (I think it was at least via my spotty memory) and Sulak (Czech guy they signed as a FA):

Rasmussen with his 4th goal of the pre-season tonight. I'd still like him to be sent to junior to play this season, but at least he's making management think.

4 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Rasmussen with his 4th goal of the pre-season tonight. I'd still like him to be sent to junior to play this season, but at least he's making management think.

The only thing he's making Kenny think is do I call him up in 5 years or 4? Nyquist and Tatar had early success and Kenny sat them in the pressbox, fetching him snacks from the concourse. If Holland applies the same rules to Rasmussen as he did to them (or to Martin Frk) we can expect to see him up in the 23-24 season.

10 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

If Hicketts doesn't make the team at some point this season we riot

We like our team. Men's league. Kids aren't the answer. High level of compete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

We like our team. Men's league. Kids aren't the answer.

Holland will always lean on prior success as the primary supporting point to the non-rebuild rebuild he's put together.

Just now, Euphdude said:

Holland will always lean on prior success as the primary supporting point to the non-rebuild rebuild he's put together.

Yep. Bums like Ericsson will be on the roster while Hicketts is drifting onward in the AHL in Grand Rapids.

In surprising news they signed Booth to a 2-way 700K/250K contract...  As cheap as you can get but I don't understand what the point is.

Guess they have a roster spot:

3 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

In surprising news they signed Booth to a 2-way 700K/250K contract...  As cheap as you can get but I don't understand what the point is.

Congratulations to the 2018 Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings.

Sounds like AA is heading to Switzerland tonight, per Bob MacKenzie. Unclear whether he's going to practice with Swiss team Lugano or actually sign and play with Lugano.