Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Last Game at the Palace: Wizards @ Pistons

My first time at The Palace was for Palace Vision--Game 1 of the 89 Finals.  Watched Magic pull that hamstring on the big screen like a champ.  Great atmosphere that day. 

I will never forget how loud the Palace used to be during those Goin' to Work runs. 6 straight East finals, 2 Finals appearances, and a title. Should've been 2 titles if Sheed doesn't leave Horry. I can still remember that shot almost 12 years later as a dagger thru the soul.

• Like 1

Stanley getting into the lane easily, getting an uncontested 4-8 foot pull up, and never even coming remotely close to making it is the vision that will haunt my offseason

Pistons still have a chance at the 11th pick if Charlotte wins tonight and we lose.

We also have a chance at the 13th pick if Denver loses both and we win.

The 12th pick seems most likely.

Interesting to see the difference in the sendoff for both arenas. Lots of things working against the Pistons. 

First, I never got the sense that the palace was particularly "loved" by anyone. It definitely lacked character. 

Second, the Pistons never had the sustained success like the wings did, so they probably had fewer fans. 

It also hurts that the palace didn't really need to be left behind from a facility quality standpoint. 

There seems to be some criticism that the Pistons could have done more to give it a sendoff, but when people don't really care, what's the point?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Interesting to see the difference in the sendoff for both arenas. Lots of things working against the Pistons. 

First, I never got the sense that the palace was particularly "loved" by anyone. It definitely lacked character. 

Second, the Pistons never had the sustained success like the wings did, so they probably had fewer fans. 

It also hurts that the palace didn't really need to be left behind from a facility quality standpoint. 

There seems to be some criticism that the Pistons could have done more to give it a sendoff, but when people don't really care, what's the point?

I don't think we saw much of what the Pistons did because it wasn't on local TV.

A lot of former players were back, even Stackhouse who want here that long. All of them were introduced at halftime.

It might have been a little subdued because it was Gores and not Davidson. It wasn't Tom's baby.

I know Davidson would be rolling over in his grave at the thought of his team playing in an Illitch building.

Sad day. Well, it's been a fun 15 year run of season tickets. Maybe I'll be less angry now that I'm not spending a ton of cash on this product every year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Sad day. Well, it's been a fun 15 year run of season tickets. Maybe I'll be less angry now that I'm not spending a ton of cash on this product every year.

Opposite deal for me. Never could make too many games. I will be a season ticket holder next season.

I can't imagine ever going to the new place. 

Maybe a Friday night game, play cards Friday and Saturday, go to a Lions game on Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Why wouldn't you go to the new place?

We're right between Detroit and Chicago. Chicago is an easier sell to my girlfriend.

I'm  not a huge fan of Detroit either. I only go If it's work related or I'm taking my dad to a Tigers game.

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

We're right between Detroit and Chicago. Chicago is an easier sell to my girlfriend.

I'm  not a huge fan of Detroit either. I only go If it's work related or I'm taking my dad to a Tigers game.

How is auburn hills better for you, then?

Ben Wallace...20 years older than Dre and still looks rock solid like he hits the gym every day, while Dre continues to look dumpy like he can't find the gym. You can't teach effort and work ethic.

• Like 2