Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Last Game at the Palace: Wizards @ Pistons

the grant hill era was nothing.  they had a great second fiddle playing lead (hill) and a bunch of nothing.  and the worst uniforms in the league.  the pistons were a nothing team then, imo.

the nba only has two elite franchises: boston and LA.

chicago was one player and theyve been horrible to above average before and since.

pistons are in the middle of the next tier after the elites.  below spurs and bulls, equal to the heat - maybe a smidge below - but above the ******* knicks.

where do the pistons rank in comparison to the sixers?  or the warriors?

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Miami and Boston.

Not a very compelling argument on your part.  I gave them credit for the two times they were good.  You can still be a joke the rest of the time.

Boston?  Since the Palace opened?  Outside of the Three Amigos era which only brought 1 Championship, what have they done in the last 30 years?   Miami is right up there, I'll give you that.

The Pistons have been a top 5 organization in the last 30 years.  I don't consider that a joke organization.  If you include the pre-Isiah decades then I'll give you that but then you would have to include the many years of Bulls futility as well.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Boston?  Since the Palace opened?  Outside of the Three Amigos era which only brought 1 Championship, what have they done in the last 30 years?   Miami is right up there, I'll give you that.

The Pistons have been a top 5 organization in the last 30 years.  I don't consider that a joke organization.

Why the switch to 30 years?  Originally you said since Thomas was drafted.  Boston has 3 titles in that time.

Just now, Deleterious said:

Why the switch to 30 years?  Originally you said since Thomas was drafted.  Boston has 3 titles in that time.

That was a mistake on my part, I just meant to discuss their success at The Palace.

I guess I'll take the blame for it becoming strange.

My general point is how sad it is for the Palace to close with such a crappy team after housing many successful teams over the last 3 decades, well mainly the 2 decades prior to this one.

That grant hill era team that made the playoffs four of five years, only to get bumped in the first round each year, is a hard one to peg. They had some pretty good regular seasons. They clearly weren't good enough to win a championship, but I don't really recall whether they were considered a joke or just a mediocre team. 

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It's sort of fitting. 

Other than five or six years with the Bad Boys and six years with the Going to Work teams, this organization has been a joke.

Agreed.

the pistons have been more of a mediocre franchise that never mattered much than a "joke."  i dont think the pistons have been a "joke" since before isiah, at which time they were clearly a joke.

i dont think theyre a joke now.  theyre not the kings, sixers or magic.  theyre just blah.  an also ran team that means nothing and has zero chance of winning.  thats not a "joke", imo.

37 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I guess I'll take the blame for it becoming strange.

My general point is how sad it is for the Palace to close with such a crappy team after housing many successful teams over the last 3 decades, well mainly the 2 decades prior to this one.

And the point Del is making is in the history of the franchise, outside of the Bad Boy and Going to Work stretches, they have been largely garbage.

I think we'll get to see Stanley Johnson running the point tonight. And if you're not excited for that, you didn't love VHS tapes of sports bloopers as a kid. Which makes you Un-American and possibly a communist.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

And the point Del is making is in the history of the franchise, outside of the Bad Boy and Going to Work stretches, they have been largely garbage.

I understood what he was saying and we disagreed and around and around we went.  Again, outside of the last 6-7 years, the Pistons have been a largely successful franchise in the Palace, one of the more successful franchises in the league.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

It kind of sucks this isn't on local TV.  I'm sure they would have shown the player introductions and what not.

Yeah, this seems awfully odd.  I'm not a fan of Blaha, but he should be handling the television broadcast.  Did TNT schedule this early thinking there would be layoff implications?

I'm shocked they brought Beal back with 4 minutes left.

With his injury history I would have kept him on the bench in a meaningless game.