Casimir

04/04/2017 2:10 pm Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

43 minutes ago, ballmich said:

So do the Tigers have to watch the Sox drive around the field in Mustangs again today? 

My brother and I had a good laugh about that yesterday.  I was cracking up.  

Remember those bullpen cars and carts that were used to bring relievers to the mound in the 70s?  I guess that's why those guys were able to pitch so many innings!

mlb_a_bullpen_car_d1_1296x518.jpg&w=1006

• Like 2

The Red Sox cart looked ridiculous.  I don't remember if the Tigers had one.

Asi7v9OCQAAPGY1.jpg

I am about 20 minutes into recording Tigers Live and it looks like I have no way to actually watch that recording while it is recording which sucks.  Fox Sports you can only watch at home I guess, not sure how it works once the recording is over, but I assume you could watch it then, but that does not help me currently.  Bummer.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

We know damn well that Mrs. Hardy is somehow behind this.

Sounds like something you might see on Scooby Doo.  And she might have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that meddling Casimir. 

20 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Remember those bullpen cars and carts that were used to bring relievers to the mound in the 70s?  I guess that's why those guys were able to pitch so many innings!

mlb_a_bullpen_car_d1_1296x518.jpg&w=1006

The Yankees didn't even use an American car?  Wow, that seems like it would have been a major faux pas in the 70's. 

21 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Asi7v9OCQAAPGY1.jpg

Look at that thing.  Baseball bats and baseball gloves used as parts.  That's true craftsmanship right there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Asi7v9OCQAAPGY1.jpg

Kind of small except for the leprechauns that used to live under the bleachers in centerfield Tiger Stadium.  We used to toss them peanuts when I was a kid, but if they got one they didn't like they would bite you. 

IMG_1725.JPG

When I was a little kid in 1960 I had to choose a team so I put a ruler on the map and found that the small dot of my small town in Indiana was equidistant between the dots for Chicago and Detroit with Detroit just a hair closer. So I chose the Tigers.  A few years ago I used Google and entered my childhood address and the addresses of the former Tiger Stadium and Comiskey Park and Comiskey Park was 1/2 mile closer.  I really dodged a bullet there. I could've been a White Sox fan for god sake. 

Victor seemed to be moving a lot better when he ran out his grounder.   Before if he hit the ball to the right side he wasn't even in the screen by the time the ball got to first no matter how softly it was hit.

• Like 1

The grim specter of the first rally of the season leading to James McCann and Jacoby Jones batting back to back.

Just now, pyrotigers said:

The grim specter of the first rally of the season leading to James McCann and Jacoby Jones batting back to back.

I'll live with that...

Just now, pyrotigers said:

The HR aside, this is a lineup that should punish most LHP.  Even pretty good ones like Quintana. Iglesias, McCann, JJones, and even Mahtook all have historically hit LHP fairly well.