Casimir

04/04/2017 2:10 pm Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

Live from Chicago, Illinois...

5989642016.gifoxvkprv7v4inf5dgqdebp0yse.gif

Detroit Tigers (0-0) @ Chicago White Sox (0-0)

TV on FSD, radio on 97.1 and your At Bat app.

Let me be the first one to say LOSS for the first official game of the year.

It won't help for today or tomorrow, but T-Mobile customers will be able to get MLB.TV Premium for free again this year, only on Tuesday.  https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/mlb-tv-premium-2017.htm

Presumably, this will be like in the past where you only have to activate the subscription via your phone and then can use it on any device.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I think the Reds should open the season.

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

yes, it should be the Reds.  

And I agree. Some traditions are.... traditional?

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

I think the Reds should open the season.

Concur.

Anybody taking the day off?  Anyone do anything special for Opening Day?

I normally take the day off of work, but with it being a late afternoon start and having family stuff to do, I'm just going to record it.  Listen to it on the radio, and catch the visuals later in the day.  Dinner is the annual hot dogs on the grill.    I might take Friday off of work and observe the home opener.  I don't know if I did that last season or not.  It was just odd with the first game being in Miami on a Tuesday night.

The wife and daughters know that this is my holiday, although the daughters don't quite understand why I put it above my birthday (which is the same time of year).  

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I normally take the day off of work, but with it being a late afternoon start and having family stuff to do, I'm just going to record it.  Listen to it on the radio, and catch the visuals later in the day.  Dinner is the annual hot dogs on the grill.    I might take Friday off of work and observe the home opener.  I don't know if I did that last season or not.  It was just odd with the first game being in Miami on a Tuesday night.

The wife and daughters know that this is my holiday, although the daughters don't quite understand why I put it above my birthday (which is the same time of year).  

I normally take off Opening Day every year. But I am afraid that this year will be different. Too much darn work and people demanding quick turnaround.

Which is one reason I like the Sunday Opening Day.

9 minutes ago, Casimir said:

It's a later game than usual, so the employed fan can probably just leave work a little early and enjoy the full experience without losing the vacation day.

16 minutes ago, diaspora04 said:

It's a later game than usual, so the employed fan can probably just leave work a little early and enjoy the full experience without losing the vacation day.

True about the starting time.

3 hours ago, Antrat said:

I normally take off Opening Day every year. But I am afraid that this year will be different. Too much darn work and people demanding quick turnaround.

Which is one reason I like the Sunday Opening Day.

You are not likely to miss anything. Probability of rain in Chitown at 4pm tomorrow - 90%

They call their stadium Guaranteed Rate Field now? What's next, Shave Time. Shave Money Field? Vivid Video Field?

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

They call their stadium Guaranteed Rate Field now? What's next, Shave Time. Shave Money Field? Vivid Video Field?

It'll soon just be GRF, which the fans will know really stands for 'G'erry Reinsdorf *****

I usually do hot dogs or steak for opening day.  I think it'll be steak tomorrow.  But darn it all, if we get rained out on opening day they will be very sad steaks.

25 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Wow. That is not a joke. They really did name it that.

SAD!

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

5-Day Forecast

Chicago sucks so much.

Of all the times, now is when they should have started in Detroit.

I took the day off! Cannot wait. 

I'm switching things up and am cooking some chicken sausage tomorrow. It's pretty delicious.

25 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Wow. That is not a joke. They really did name it that.

SAD!

That is the worst name for a stadium ever.  Worse than Enron Field.  

36 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Of all the times, now is when they should have started in Detroit.

I thinks it's going to be just about as bad here, but this way it's Chicago's fault, not ours, right? :confused: