Sydney_Fife

2017 Pistons Offseason Thread

Bosh is done in Miami.  

They haven't filed paperwork yet because they want his salary on the books so they meet the minimum requirements.  But once July 1st rolls around they will file paperwork to declare him medically incapable of playing.  He and his cap hit will be removed from their cap/roster.  

The sad part the last few games.  Wasn't how bad he did on the perimeter, it was how totally and completely lost he looked inside.

I could spam another 30 Twitter posts about SVG quotes.  Just go to Rod Beard's timeline and read them if you want.

$6,104,223

That is the dollar amount for the Drummond trade kicker.  The Pistons have to pay him that if they trade him.  

On 4/13/2017 at 6:22 PM, Deleterious said:

This kind of stuff is what makes me wonder both, equally, how could this be SVG's fault and how can it not be his fault. I mean, he's the guy who came up with 1 in 4 out. He can't not be harping on that now, everyday in practice. So that his guys are still taking so many of those shots...is it them or is it coaching? I just can't figure out who to blame.

If we could find a way to pry the 1 from Boston for AD and Stanley and our first with some money coming back to us(maybe even land an aging vet with a dumb contract who might be able to give us that veterani presence...Amir and Zeller fit) so it works, I'd be very proud of SVG.

29 minutes ago, DaBishop said:

This kind of stuff is what makes me wonder both, equally, how could this be SVG's fault and how can it not be his fault. I mean, he's the guy who came up with 1 in 4 out. He can't not be harping on that now, everyday in practice. So that his guys are still taking so many of those shots...is it them or is it coaching? I just can't figure out who to blame.

If we could find a way to pry the 1 from Boston for AD and Stanley and our first with some money coming back to us(maybe even land an aging vet with a dumb contract who might be able to give us that veterani presence...Amir and Zeller fit) so it works, I'd be very proud of SVG.

you give up a future superstar for our THREE mediocre players, one of whom is on a max deal!  

who wouldnt jump on that?

6 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I think the 2 most likely candidates to get moved are Leuer and Harris. 

Leuer for Lee, straight up.

It is very possible, given the context of SVG's statements and his recognition of Baynes over the season and Boban at the end of the season, that Dre is traded for a non-big and Baynes/Boban play 42 min per night at C next season.

7 hours ago, Buddha said:

youre going to have to give up something of value with drummond or reggie in order to move them.  either morris - as noted above - stanley, ellenson, or our #1 pick.

no one is going to want drummond's contract.  you can find rebounding for a lot less than $23 million per year for the next five years.  ainge wouldnt part with the nets #1 pick for jimmy butler, why would he do it for a slug like drummond?  thats a pipe dream.  the lakers may not have a #1 pick this year and wont have one next year if they keep it this year.  why would they give that up for drummond?  the only hope is that magic overrules pelinka and does something stupid because "the lakers history with great big men."

reggie is injured and has no value until he can show he is healthy.  even then he is overpaid.

again, teams do dumb **** all the time, so its not impossible to think a team will trade for andre or reggie, but i would be surprised if the pistons get much back.

theyre stuck with this team.

I'll keep Drummond rather than "pay" to see him gone.  I would, however, give up value to rid ourselves of Reggie.  

2 hours ago, Hart said:

I'll keep Drummond rather than "pay" to see him gone.  I would, however, give up value to rid ourselves of Reggie.  

I wouldn't "pay" to get rid of Drummond either.  But I am very skeptical he will ever reach his potential.  We've watched him for five years now and he's never changed.  He's still the same lazy slug he was when he got here.  

It's funny watching people ***** and complain about Andre's new burger with Halo Burger.  Like he shouldn't do commercials/promotions until the Pistons win a title or something.  

Would anyone be interested in Carmelo? Hear me out. 

He will be 33 on Opening Night, and we would have him for 2 seasons. We could probably get him pretty cheap all things considered, likely a package involving Harris at this point. 

The NBA is a superstar league based on perimeter scoring. The Pistons have very little of that. I know he's older and a ball stopper, but he's still an elite scorer. And we can't score. 

13 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

He will be 33 on Opening Night, and we would have him for 2 seasons. We could probably get him pretty cheap all things considered, likely a package involving Harris at this point. 

The NBA is a superstar league based on perimeter scoring. The Pistons have very little of that. I know he's older and a ball stopper, but he's still an elite scorer. And we can't score. 

The only way I want Melo (or any older player) is if they put us over the top in the next 1-3 years.

I don't think he does so I would pass.  

Weird seeing Milsap and Hardaway Jr. Starting today's game for Atlanta.

Three months ago they were going to tank and trade both.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

It's funny watching people ***** and complain about Andre's new burger with Halo Burger.  Like he shouldn't do commercials/promotions until the Pistons win a title or something.  

I agree with your greater point, but I think it probably has more to do with Andre's perceived lack of effort than not winning a title. Still dumb, though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, holygoat said:

I agree with your greater point, but I think it probably has more to do with Andre's perceived lack of effort than not winning a title. Still dumb, though.

I think you're right.

I'm only offended by the pineapple on a burger.

• Like 2

It's funny because if you look at Atlanta's roster compared to Detroit's, you'd think for sure the Pistons are better.

5 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

you would be trading one stop the ball scorer for another.  melo has a better outside shot, but he's old, selfish, and would probably not want to play here.  no thanks.