Sydney_Fife

2017 Pistons Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

He did all that in garbage time.  It's a complete waste to have him on the roster at that price if he's simply going to be the next Human Victory Cigar or Human Defeat Placemat.

He's too slow and can't play any defense so I can't see that changing much this season. Moreland will almost certainly get more run because he's athletic and can defend at a reasonable level. 

Thanks for your opinion. 

I've seen Will Bynum play like an all star for a week or two at a time.  

This league is full of talented players that can put up numbers for short periods of time. The good/great ones do it consistently.

If Drummond does it for an entire year I will get excited. I'm not holding my breath over it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Thanks for your opinion. 

Oh sorry, was that not allowed? 9_9

17 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Oh sorry, was that not allowed? 9_9

You can call 29 minutes of burn in a game garbage time if you want. 

9 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

You can call 29 minutes of burn in a game garbage time if you want. 

These stat padding games down the stretch of a lost season with no pressure to win are hard to evaluate.  He can score but he can hardly move so it's hard to play him in a league where most bigs nowadays play away from the basket. 

I think he could have gotten more run if it was a more rugged, slow down game like it was in the '90s but the league is too fast and too perimeter heavy to have a slow big chugging up and down the court for any significant amount of time.

I would like to see SVG give him more opportunity but I can also understand why he's gunshy about giving him significant backup minutes.  In this case, he shouldn't have signed him in the first place and extended Baynes.

This could be an indicator of how bad Indiana might be. 37 year old Damien Wilkins made their roster. He hasn't played in the league since 2013.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

These stat padding games down the stretch of a lost season with no pressure to win are hard to evaluate.  He can score but he can hardly move so it's hard to play him in a league where most bigs nowadays play away from the basket. 

I think he could have gotten more run if it was a more rugged, slow down game like it was in the '90s but the league is too fast and too perimeter heavy to have a slow big chugging up and down the court for any significant amount of time.

I would like to see SVG give him more opportunity but I can also understand why he's gunshy about giving him significant backup minutes.  In this case, he shouldn't have signed him in the first place and extended Baynes.

He put up numbers in previous months when given burn, when games "mattered".  It was discussed ad nauseum on the board and covered by the press. 

12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

This could be an indicator of how bad Indiana might be. 37 year old Damien Wilkins made their roster. He hasn't played in the league since 2013.

Good for him and all, but wow. 

i thought drummond looked in much better shape than last year.  he actually looked like he had muscles in his arm and wasnt as fat in the face.  while he's not dwight howard, he clearly looks to be in better physical shape.

23 hours ago, NYLion said:

These stat padding games down the stretch of a lost season with no pressure to win are hard to evaluate. 

By that logic you can throw out the stats for the majority of this team and half the other teams in the league. But let's not forget that he had some minutes in February when Baynes got hurt as well. That's when people started to ride the Boban train.

Kind of amazing how important LeBron is.

Tonight's game goes from interesting to unwatchable if he ends up not playing because of his ankle.

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Kind of amazing how important LeBron is.

Tonight's game goes from interesting to unwatchable if he ends up not playing because of his ankle.

Especially with Kyrie gone and no IT2. The game will be a joke without Lebron. Kevin Love vs the Celtics? No thanks.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Especially with Kyrie gone and no IT2. The game will be a joke without Lebron. Kevin Love vs the Celtics? No thanks.

I call BS. You're an idiot like me and would watch Barney Rubble play the Celtics after a long summer.

3 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Kevin Love vs the Celtics?  I'm in!

OH MY GOD, that Hayward injury is the worst thing I've ever seen in sports, worse than the Livingston and George injuries (well, at least as bad) and all the horrific football injuries.  It takes a lot to shake me but this did it.  Feel just awful for Hayward, don't know what else to say but hope that he's able to come back 100% healthy NBA career or not.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Holy ****. You could hear Gordon Haywards leg snap. Brutal injury. The entire stadium is silent right now.

That **** was awful.  Unreal for that to happen at all, let alone the first quarter of the season, with everyone watching.