Yoda

Game of Thrones - Season 7

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

The idea that LF trying to convince Sansa that Arya wants to be Lady of Winterfell is unreasonable is nonsense.

LF doesn't know Arya they way the viewer does. For the viewer it obviously doesn't work because we know Arya doesn't want, and never wanted, to be a lady. LF has no idea about that, he doesn't know Arya at all. So it's completely reasonable for him to assume that Arya, like pretty much everybody else, would be interested in attaining more power.

But I don't think littlefinger actually thought arya wanted to be the lady of winterfell. That was his creation. The question is whether it would be reasonable for Sansa to believe the suggestion. Did littlefinger do enough tonreasonably make Sansa think that? Sansa knows her sister, even if it had been a while. Arya did little to make Sansa think otherwise, until at least when arya acted insane over that letter. At that point, sure, maybe Sansa might be scared of arya. But why would littlefinger actually think that arya would react that way to the letter. The letter is so easily explained away. It would have been better for littlefinger to try to get Sansa to turn against Jon, at least in conversation, and to do it in such a way that arya would find out or overhear them. Then I could see arya going after Sansa. 

10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

But I don't think littlefinger actually thought arya wanted to be the lady of winterfell. That was his creation. The question is whether it would be reasonable for Sansa to believe the suggestion. Did littlefinger do enough tonreasonably make Sansa think that? Sansa knows her sister, even if it had been a while. Arya did little to make Sansa think otherwise, until at least when arya acted insane over that letter. At that point, sure, maybe Sansa might be scared of arya. But why would littlefinger actually think that arya would react that way to the letter. The letter is so easily explained away. It would have been better for littlefinger to try to get Sansa to turn against Jon, at least in conversation, and to do it in such a way that arya would find out or overhear them. Then I could see arya going after Sansa. 

LF did try to get Sansa to go against Jon in conversation twice. Sansa always brought the conversation to Arya.

I did not like the Winterfell plot, it was poor overall. I just disagree that having LF try to play the Arya would be Lady of Winterfell card doesn't make sense for his character, because it does.

The Winterfell plot was stupid because the way Arya was acting the whole time made no sense at all. The writers just tried to go for the shock twist, but nobody bought it.

This season feels a lot like the show version of the mereenese knot. 

I think they wanted to get to a point in the show that was close to George's supposed end game. So, they needed Jon and Dany and Jaime heading north to take on the white walkers, with Jaime and cersei at odds. They wanted arya and Sansa and bran and sam in Winterfell. 

Cersei is amassing her armies. The white walkers have a dragon. 

I don't know. It definitely felt like they had a target they needed to get to head into the final season. 

Game of Thrones: The Final Season Has an Insanely Huge Budget

Having just learned that one of Game of Thrones’ most ambitious and capable directors, Miguel Sapochnik (“Battle of the Bastards,” “Hardhome”), could very well direct half of the show’s final season, fans may now rejoice to learn just how many resources the director will have at his disposal. The network is ramping up the budget, big time, for the eighth and final season of the jewel in its Peak TV crown. According to a new report from Variety, the final six episodes of Game of Thrones will cost a staggering $15 million apiece—and we’ve heard the real budget may actually be much, much higher than that.

On 9/8/2017 at 2:25 PM, TigerNation said:

They really could have benefited from just going with a 10 episode season.

I imagine this is much more financially lucrative though