Jump to content

Yoda

Game of Thrones - Season 7

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

The idea that LF trying to convince Sansa that Arya wants to be Lady of Winterfell is unreasonable is nonsense.

LF doesn't know Arya they way the viewer does. For the viewer it obviously doesn't work because we know Arya doesn't want, and never wanted, to be a lady. LF has no idea about that, he doesn't know Arya at all. So it's completely reasonable for him to assume that Arya, like pretty much everybody else, would be interested in attaining more power.

But I don't think littlefinger actually thought arya wanted to be the lady of winterfell. That was his creation. The question is whether it would be reasonable for Sansa to believe the suggestion. Did littlefinger do enough tonreasonably make Sansa think that? Sansa knows her sister, even if it had been a while. Arya did little to make Sansa think otherwise, until at least when arya acted insane over that letter. At that point, sure, maybe Sansa might be scared of arya. But why would littlefinger actually think that arya would react that way to the letter. The letter is so easily explained away. It would have been better for littlefinger to try to get Sansa to turn against Jon, at least in conversation, and to do it in such a way that arya would find out or overhear them. Then I could see arya going after Sansa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

But I don't think littlefinger actually thought arya wanted to be the lady of winterfell. That was his creation. The question is whether it would be reasonable for Sansa to believe the suggestion. Did littlefinger do enough tonreasonably make Sansa think that? Sansa knows her sister, even if it had been a while. Arya did little to make Sansa think otherwise, until at least when arya acted insane over that letter. At that point, sure, maybe Sansa might be scared of arya. But why would littlefinger actually think that arya would react that way to the letter. The letter is so easily explained away. It would have been better for littlefinger to try to get Sansa to turn against Jon, at least in conversation, and to do it in such a way that arya would find out or overhear them. Then I could see arya going after Sansa. 

LF did try to get Sansa to go against Jon in conversation twice. Sansa always brought the conversation to Arya.

I did not like the Winterfell plot, it was poor overall. I just disagree that having LF try to play the Arya would be Lady of Winterfell card doesn't make sense for his character, because it does.

The Winterfell plot was stupid because the way Arya was acting the whole time made no sense at all. The writers just tried to go for the shock twist, but nobody bought it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season feels a lot like the show version of the mereenese knot. 

I think they wanted to get to a point in the show that was close to George's supposed end game. So, they needed Jon and Dany and Jaime heading north to take on the white walkers, with Jaime and cersei at odds. They wanted arya and Sansa and bran and sam in Winterfell. 

Cersei is amassing her armies. The white walkers have a dragon. 

I don't know. It definitely felt like they had a target they needed to get to head into the final season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game of Thrones: The Final Season Has an Insanely Huge Budget

Quote

Having just learned that one of Game of Thrones’ most ambitious and capable directors, Miguel Sapochnik (“Battle of the Bastards,” “Hardhome”), could very well direct half of the show’s final season, fans may now rejoice to learn just how many resources the director will have at his disposal. The network is ramping up the budget, big time, for the eighth and final season of the jewel in its Peak TV crown. According to a new report from Variety, the final six episodes of Game of Thrones will cost a staggering $15 million apiece—and we’ve heard the real budget may actually be much, much higher than that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 2:25 PM, TigerNation said:

They really could have benefited from just going with a 10 episode season.

I imagine this is much more financially lucrative though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The family on this season of This Old House has two daughters, three and a newborn.

Their names are Meera and Arya.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He set a record for the elephant bar dead lift.  He lifted 1041 pounds.

dJCCq3u.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

He set a record for the elephant bar dead lift.  He lifted 1041 pounds.

dJCCq3u.gif

they are going to need bigger bars....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

they are going to need bigger bars....

They're going to need bigger elephants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just about the filming.  But hiding it anyway in case people don't want any info.

Spoiler

 

They just finished filming the longest battle scene in the shows history.  They filmed it for 55 consecutive nights.  

'Battle of the Bastards' was the previous record holder at 25.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It keeps getting mentioned they are filming three different endings for the series.  And even the actors don't know which one is the real one.

Does anyone believe that?  The show is insanely expensive to shoot and I just cant see them spending the money to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It keeps getting mentioned they are filming three different endings for the series.  And even the actors don't know which one is the real one.

Does anyone believe that?  The show is insanely expensive to shoot and I just cant see them spending the money to do that.

The seed of doubt if the ending is released is the intended goal.  There's no way they would spent the time and resources on filming three separate endings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×