Comparing Mitchell to Dougie Buckets is a lazy comp and I think you are a better basketball guy than that.

Mitchell was passed on for what he couldn't do--throw lobs, repeat his release point on jumpers, work the PnR and make good decisions with the ball consistently.  He can't finish with his left and his floater goes in at a 26% clip.

The kid has ability but his upside is probably something like Robert Pack.  Not bad, but SVG wanted a guy who could shoot and make good decisions with the basketball, apparently.

Edit:  Meant to say comparing Kennard to McDermott, but will keep the error in for grins.

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

Is Asian-American the new white?

I thought that was pork.

In all seriousness, I do hope an Asian player can be an NBA prospect so the comps to Lin can begin.

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

Comparing Mitchell to Dougie Buckets is a lazy comp and I think you are a better basketball guy than that...

Did somebody compare the two? I saw Kennard being compared to McDermott, not Mitchell.

3 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Did somebody compare the two? I saw Kennard being compared to McDermott, not Mitchell.

Sorry, was a typo.

My keyboard wouldn't even let me put McDermott and Kennard in the same sentence, I guess.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I thought that was pork.

In all seriousness, I do hope an Asian player can be an NBA prospect so the comps to Lin can begin.

Lin is just like Yao Ming, but with a better grasp of the American language.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Sorry, was a typo.

My keyboard wouldn't even let me put McDermott and Kennard in the same sentence, I guess.

The self correcting feature on your phone recognized the players weren't comparable.

• Like 2

Of course he's probably only been watching himself shoot the last 2 months so watching a competent shooter probably looks like Steph Curry or Ray Allen to him. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, Betrayer said:

So either I'm a self-hating white dude or maybe I'm just making a statistically accurate statement. But feel free to dispute my claim with actual evidence to the contrary. Show me all of those white American superstars and multi-year All-Stars in recent NBA history.

Race is a myth, the world isn't divided into neat categories. Maybe you should look at each individual player and their individual talents and not the hue of their skin.

On 6/27/2017 at 11:07 AM, Betrayer said:

I don't get the comparison and I never saw Stanley as an "athlete" pick. He's not a remarkable leaper or super fast. He finished under the rim and used his strength. Very different than Mitchell who posted the highest standing vertical (36.5"), fastest 3/4 court sprint (3.01s), and the 4th highest max vertical (40.5"). Oh, and his jumper doesn't look broke like Stanley's did from day 1.

I made the comparison after watching the tape. Seemed way out of control (SJ), with a high defensive ceiling (SJ), and a jump shot that clanged off the rim a lot (SJ)

Now, I haven't seen the kid play very much. But that was the first thing that came into my mind watching his DE tapes