San Antonio only has three players on its roster that were drafted in the top 20. 

That ties them with New Orleans and Brooklyn for the lowest amount in the league.

Pistons have Ellenson (18th) and Harris (19th) who are oh-so-close to being outside of the top 20.

Random thought:  S.A. giving Dragic away on draft day was a rare misstep for Pop.  One has to think that Dragic's development would have been rapid playing caddy to Manu and under the guidance of Pop.

9 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Pistons have Ellenson (18th) and Harris (19th) who are oh-so-close to being outside of the top 20.

Random thought:  S.A. giving Dragic away on draft day was a rare misstep for Pop.  One has to think that Dragic's development would have been rapid playing caddy to Manu and under the guidance of Pop.

Remember when you used to say you were so glad the Pistons traded for Reggie Jackson rather than that overpaid Goran Dragic?

33 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Remember when you used to say you were so glad the Pistons traded for Reggie Jackson rather than that overpaid Goran Dragic?

I wish the Pistons would have traded for Dragic like two years before Miami acquired him.  I've always liked him, very much.

But I was glad the Pistons traded for Jackson, and glad that they didn't acquire Dragic so he could give them two more good years and another two so-so ones at the end of his prime.

I'm sorry for not using my crystal ball Jackson to predict that he would play hurt all year, but I don't know if Dragic has another year like this one in him. 

9 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I wish the Pistons would have traded for Dragic like two years before Miami acquired him.  I've always liked him, very much.

But I was glad the Pistons traded for Jackson, and glad that they didn't acquire Dragic so he could give them two more good years and another two so-so ones at the end of his prime.

I'm sorry for not using my crystal ball Jackson to predict that he would play hurt all year, but I don't know if Dragic has another year like this one in him. 

Use your crystal ball next time!  Jesus, what are we paying you for?

On 3/30/2017 at 3:58 PM, mickeyb105 said:

But right now, Reggie isn't real tradable and we would all but give him away.  If he was really playing hurt all year, and surgery can leave him in good position to pick up on his '15-'16 play, then Reggie at 16/17/18 will be market value+.  Obviously if he doesn't bounce back he's an albatross.  It is up to the Pistons staff to make a correct evaluation on him.  If they just want to dump him with the understanding that all they are getting back is cap relief, then the team is 100% rebuilding in '17-'18 and they better trade Drummond and Harris while they are at it.

That said I'm not sure how the combined $52M+ the team is paying Ish/Baynes/Leuer/Boban/Bullock/Harris isn't a problem.  That number needs to be cut in half and KCP given an extension.  If they find a way to trade Drummond and get back a piece or two of worth, that is obviously also great.

Baynes cannot be back, period. Leuer, Ellenson and Boban are pretty much your backup bigs next year. One more body probably

45 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Baynes cannot be back, period. Leuer, Ellenson and Boban are pretty much your backup bigs next year. One more body probably

It seems like Leuer could fetch us something in a trade.  I'm OK going with youth for a few years as opposed to paying a bench player $11M to insure that the team plays .500 ball.

Lots of hungry guys waiting for a shot in the GLeague and on the end of benches across the league.

4 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

It seems like Leuer could fetch us something in a trade.  I'm OK going with youth for a few years as opposed to paying a bench player $11M to insure that the team plays .500 ball.

Lots of hungry guys waiting for a shot in the GLeague and on the end of benches across the league.

If you want to dump Leuer I'm not going to cry. I don't see a ton of value in it myself. 

10 and 5 from a guy who plays 26 MPG is pretty good.  Definitely not overpaid.  That is what a backup will make with the new cap.

Leuer seems bad because he's sucked really hard for the past month, but overall he's fine. It's just like when I was getting on Morris' case a few months ago after he had a horrendous month, but since then he's been back to normal.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

why would anyone trade for leuer?  he's been bad and is overpaid.

Duh, the Magic had him at the top of their "Spread Big" white board want list!  :)

He really does have value for what he does.  It just seems like he is a luxury the team can't afford while it figures out how to--dare I say--rebuild over the next two years.

I don't see him as a luxury and I think he's a nice fit. Give him Baynes' slot and move forward. Hope his 3 point shooting improves next year, though that's been a fool's errand for us lately. 

If someone wants to offer us something of value or his contract makes a deal work, obviously he is far from untouchable, don't get me wrong. 

Just trying to think of ways they can sign KCP and Leuer's contract seems pretty tradable.  Sort Baynes/Leuer's minutes out between SJ/Boban/Ellenson.  I mean, SVG committed to these guys by drafting or signing them.  He needs to see if that bet is going to paid off.

I'm just not sure how Gores can just watch another young starter walk without a player coming back.  Yes, Monroe didn't fit the team anymore but KCP kinda does. 

It seems like KCP still has some growth left in his game, and to me that's encouraging.  His 3pt %, assists and scoring is up per 36 this year.  He's getting closer to what some of us thought he could be when he was drafted and we have nothing to replace him with unless he wants to roll with some combo of SJ/Bullock/Silent G/Hilliard/draft pick.

48 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

If you gotta dump a salary, I'd bet you can find a Harris taker. 

I'm ok trading both, especially if it helps us get real shooting.

Pistons need to lose out. If they do, they'll secure the 11th pick. 

If the Pelicans can win a couple games, they'll have a chance at the 10th pick. 

10-12 is the range right now. Need to lose

There's a Terrence Ferguson prospect I've been reading about. He was going to go to Arizona, but he's playing in Australia. 

Hes supposed to be a sharp shooter. Pretty good size at 6'7 for the shooting guard position. Could probably step in right away as a bench shooter. 

I want Og Anunoby.

Don't know a thing about him other than he has a cool name.  And that is how every draft should be run.

4 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons need to lose out. If they do, they'll secure the 11th pick. 

If the Pelicans can win a couple games, they'll have a chance at the 10th pick. 

10-12 is the range right now. Need to lose

this is the pistons.  its time for them to win three of four.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Buddha said:

this is the pistons.  its time for them to win three of four.

sigh.

On 4/6/2017 at 1:01 PM, mickeyb105 said:

I'm ok trading both, especially if it helps us get real shooting.

Yup. clearly the key need. Though everyone seems to shoot worse here than elsewhere lol. Gotta find someone elite in that department.