RedRamage

Time to give up on Sanchez?

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wait until Anibal's next appearance.  It's going to blow everybody away.   It's gonna be like a whole new guy -- in a good way.   Major breakthrough.    

Awesome, so it's OK for me to stay up and get drunk tonight...thanks MCS.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wait until Anibal's next appearance.  It's going to blow everybody away.   It's gonna be like a whole new guy -- in a good way.   Major breakthrough.    

He's going to be tremendous. Everyone is saying it. 

Trump1.jpg

• Like 1

When a blind squirrel finds a nut, I expect them to heap in on a lot more than that.  Come on throw some punches. 

15 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

He's going to be a well-oiled machine.  He's going to be fantastic. #tremendous

You are the wind beneath my wings. 

16 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

He's going to be a well-oiled machine.  He's going to be fantastic. #tremendous

I don't know about the rest of you, but we've won so much, I'm tired of winning

the bad part about this is the timing. It would have been nice if he came up with this a couple of weeks ago as that they are running out of time to sort stuff out. There are 16 ST games left, less really from Sanchez's standpoint since two of those are a split squad this Sunday before his next turn would come up. So three starts at the most. But they are already to a point where starters are going to be going 6, so they are going to have to send starters to Tigerstown diamonds to make starts in order to make room if they want to give Sanchez a shot at stretching out against real competition, and you probably only want to do that with JV and Fulmer at most right now as you still want to see the rest against real hitters.

The again he may get bombed in his next outing and that will be the end of that.....

15 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the bad part about this is the timing. It would have been nice if he came up with this a couple of weeks ago as that they are running out of time to sort stuff out. There are 16 ST games left, less really from Sanchez's standpoint since two of those are a split squad this Sunday before his next turn would come up. So three starts at the most. But they are already to a point where starters are going to be going 6, so they are going to have to send starters to Tigerstown diamonds to make starts in order to make room if they want to give Sanchez a shot at stretching out against real competition, and you probably only want to do that with JV and Fulmer at most right now as you still want to see the rest against real hitters.

The again he may get bombed in his next outing and that will be the end of that.....

They figured out what was wrong, it was with his footwork.   His footwork was causing his arm angle and release point to be off just enough to get hit hard.  He wasn't getting enough break on his pitches because of it.    

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They figured out what was wrong, it was with his footwork.   His footwork was causing his arm angle and release point to be off just enough to get hit hard.  He wasn't getting enough break on his pitches because of it.    

What's your source on this?

36 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If you look at last August, you see a Sanchez that went from effective to ineffective from appearance to appearance. The results yesterday are encouraging but need to repeat until consistency is demonstrated.

15 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A little bird told me.     

That's fine. Hard to tell sometimes with the way you post. 

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't see how you can deny Boyd the 5th spot at this point.  Doesn't mean Sanchez won't be on the team, but Boyd has done all they've asked of him.  

not to mention that you want to throw LHP at the Indians.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't see how you can deny Boyd the 5th spot at this point.  Doesn't mean Sanchez won't be on the team, but Boyd has done all they've asked of him.  

Sanchez will do well in the pen, I hope.

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What about Matt Drews?    Isn't he ready to make the leap yet?    Justin Thompson gonna make that comeback soon?   Andy VanHekken?  Adam Bernero?    

Nate Cornejo, man.  20 game winner in 2001.

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Nate Cornejo, man.  20 game winner in 2001.

With those guys and Jose Paniagua in the pen,  nobody will beat the Tigers.   Gotta be more players from the Padres and Astros they can find too.