Dedmon will be a lock for a double/double and a few blocks in extended playing time.  Must be nice to have those kinds of guys chilling on the bench.

Oh, wait . . .

Something interesting pointed out on Reddit.

Melo will most likely hit the 30K point mark. He will be the first to do so and not have an mvp trophy with his name on it.

Of course that assumes he doesn't win one before that.

I know Bill Russell was great defensively, but can the difference between him and Wilt really cover the 31.5(!) point difference in scoring between the two?

EDIT: That old Celtic logo is creepy.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I know Bill Russell was great defensively, but can the difference between him and Wilt really cover the 31.5(!) point difference in scoring between the two?

My gut feeling has always been "how could it?" regarding that question.

Obviously I never saw any of them play. But I have always felt Russell got extra credit because he had two fists full off rings.

I have no doubt being the leader of the dominant Celtics was the thing that put him over the top.

I guess my question is more of should it have been the thing to put him over the top for an individual award?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have no doubt being the leader of the dominant Celtics was the thing that put him over the top.

I guess my question is more of should it have been the thing to put him over the top for an individual award?

It was voted on by the players back then.  Maybe everyone was sick of Wilt ******* their girlfriends/wives.  

Seriously though, It was only Wilt's second season so maybe the players felt he hadn't earned it yet.  It shouldn't happen that way, but we all know it does happen.  

And don't discount how likable each was or wasn't.  I don't know if either one was liked or disliked, just a theory.  I think part of the reason Dumars made the HoF is based on everyone loving him.  Same stats and accomplishments for Latrell Sprewell and he never makes it.

The battle for Paul George to make one of the All NBA teams is fascinating to me.

Most assume he is competing with Butler.  Similar stats, similar defenders.  PG13 playing much better than Butler lately.  If the Bulls don't make the playoffs and Indiana does, how much does that influence it?

Making the team qualifies PG13 for the new super max contract.  So it could be worth over $30M if he makes the team.  

Concentrate on games played and turnovers.

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 James Harden 2010 2017 601 388 20186 3886 8774 .443 1336 3657 .365 2550 5117 .498 .519 4101 4802 .854 455 2508 2963 3371 883 267 1990 1523 13209
2 Chris Paul 2006 2017 818 818 29132 5387 11397 .473 966 2610 .370 4421 8787 .503 .515 3560 4120 .864 558 3050 3608 8107 1887 88 1986 2019 15300

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Glad this was posted.  I think the NBA has a real problem here.  This was a National televised game where the top 6-7 players were all out.  Do they really wonder why ratings are down 15%?  Fans are sick of this crap.  I would be afraid to buy tickets to a Pistons game where the Cavs, Spurs, Warriors, etc were coming to town for this reason.  If the regular seasons doesnt matter to these coaches/players, why can the owners charge so much money? 

3 hours ago, RJBBREZ said:

Glad this was posted.  I think the NBA has a real problem here.  This was a National televised game where the top 6-7 players were all out.  Do they really wonder why ratings are down 15%?  Fans are sick of this crap.  I would be afraid to buy tickets to a Pistons game where the Cavs, Spurs, Warriors, etc were coming to town for this reason.  If the regular seasons doesnt matter to these coaches/players, why can the owners charge so much money? 

Because people will pay it. 

It sucks, don't get me wrong. I don't know how you legislate it though. 

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The battle for Paul George to make one of the All NBA teams is fascinating to me.

Most assume he is competing with Butler.  Similar stats, similar defenders.  PG13 playing much better than Butler lately.  If the Bulls don't make the playoffs and Indiana does, how much does that influence it?

Making the team qualifies PG13 for the new super max contract.  So it could be worth over $30M if he makes the team.  

Funny I was just reading this     http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/sports-news/kevin-durants-injury-may-just-earned-paul-george-lot-extra-money-offseason/

I think Butler is the clear better player, but he is definitely in a recent slump. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

No

Rubio had 22 points and 19 assists tonight.

He also has a chance to finish the season over 40% from the floor for the first time in his career.  So congrats on that, I guess.

9 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Maybe Wilt's career was telling the NBA all along where the future would be: You don't need your center to score, you need him to play D. Once Wilt started playing both ways he won two rings. I didn't see his early career either and have no idea what those Philly teams before 67 were like, but I was able to watch the '72 Lakers play a number of times and I think if he had played his whole career the way he played with the Lakers, I'm gonna guess he could have brought some team more rings. By '72 physically he was already down several notches from he had been, but once he decided to play D he was pretty dominant..

I suspect the lack of rings for Wilt had more to do with the team assembled in Boston rather than the notion a center scoring 30+ and pulling down 20+ a game with OK D isn't enough or isn't the formula to build a championship team around.