I think its pretty impressive that Russ still puts up a respectable DRPM at the PG spot with all the energy he uses on offense. I would understand a Leonard for MVP vote, but I wouldn't agree with it. Crazy year for MVP candidates though

11 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I think its pretty impressive that Russ still puts up a respectable DRPM at the PG spot with all the energy he uses on offense. I would understand a Leonard for MVP vote, but I wouldn't agree with it. Crazy year for MVP candidates though

I'm fine with any of the four you listed the other day.

• Like 1

Someone on Reddit posted this.

Lets assume the all rookie team is Embiid, Saric, Brogdon, Hernangomez, and Hield.  Its very possible that every member of the 2017 All-Rookie First Team is older than every member of the 2016 All-Rookie First team is currently.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

what's the old Herb Stein line about "If something can't go on forever it will stop."

I don't think it just the cable model either.  In the last couple of days I've heard both Karch and Wojnowski with takes that Sports, and pro sport especially seem to be oversold. MLB attendance was down last year, NBA attendance is cratering. Superbowl viewership is flat or falling depending on how you count possible streamers. Even at the college level you see tons of half empty stadiums at bowl games, the big house is hardly full after 1/2 time  anymore. EMU is running a program that hemorrhages money from the University's general fund. Plenty of signs the culture is moving in other directions.

• Like 1

That was short lived. Bogut has been ruled out for the remainder of the season, including all of the playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18840779/the-story-los-angeles-lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-tough-decision

The question hanging over everything now is what Jim and Johnny Buss really want: to be restored to power? To be bought out? Something else entirely?

"This is something huge and it's not going to go away. They're trying to bust the trust so they can sell their [interests]," younger sister Janie Buss says. "And if they sell, that'll leave the rest of us in a minority."

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Vernon still sounds ready to go into the stands and beat up a Mormon.

Awesome.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Vernon still sounds ready to go into the stands and beat up a Mormon.

I laughed

People are going to start getting really pissed about this garbage.

The two best teams in the league play tonight and a bunch of their best players won be on the court.

Kawhi is in the league's concussion protocol and can't play. KD is hurt and obviously can't play, so those two are fine.

But GSW plans to sit Green, Curry, Thompson, and Iggy. What a joke.