Sydney_Fife

2017 Playoff Race

Bulls score 14 points in the 4th and lose to the magic.  Hilarious.

Heat win 

Bucks win 

Pistons remain in 7th, but only a half game up on a playoff spot. Very possible we could be out of the playoffs soon

If we can't beat out Chicago and Milwaukee then we need to seriously consider whether or or SVG is the man for this job. Those teams are not good and we are in a dogfight with them  

I think Miami makes it. The other spot is a toss up. It'll either be us, Chicago, Milwaukee, or Charlotte. 

Chicago and Milwaukee appear to have harder schedules than us the rest of the way. 

I am penciling Miami in. They're fricken 20-4 in their last 24 games and have a pretty easy schedule remaining. 

Ths Pistons have to finish 10-8 and I think they make it at 41-41. They have 2 games against 11-51 Brooklyn. So outside of those 2, all they have to do is go 8-8

And if they can't do that, we need to look in a different direction. 

14 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

If we can't beat out Chicago and Milwaukee then we need to seriously consider whether or or SVG is the man for this job. Those teams are not good and we are in a dogfight with them  

I think Miami makes it. The other spot is a toss up. It'll either be us, Chicago, Milwaukee, or Charlotte. 

I'm undecided on Van Gundy.  I think he has next season to show something or he is done.

Good grief, if Miami makes it and takes on Cleveland.....

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I honestly don't see much difference in making making/missing the playoffs with where they sit now.  If they finish a game out of the 8th spot, is it really a whole lot different than winning the 8th seed via tiebreaker?

They've been hovering a bit below .500 all season and that's the kind of team that they've looked like.  It doesn't matter to me whether that is good enough for 6th or 10th or anywhere in between.

5 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I honestly don't see much difference in making making/missing the playoffs with where they sit now.  If they finish a game out of the 8th spot, is it really a whole lot different than winning the 8th seed via tiebreaker?

They've been hovering a bit below .500 all season and that's the kind of team that they've looked like.  It doesn't matter to me whether that is good enough for 6th or 10th or anywhere in between.

Making the playoffs for the second straight year is good experience for a young team. I do think they'd have an outside chance of beating anyone but Cleveland, although I highly doubt that this team this year is going to win a playoff series. 

But I'll take a playoff series over a couple spots in the late lottery every single time

14 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Chicago and Milwaukee appear to have harder schedules than us the rest of the way. 

I am penciling Miami in. They're fricken 20-4 in their last 24 games and have a pretty easy schedule remaining. 

Ths Pistons have to finish 10-8 and I think they make it at 41-41. They have 2 games against 11-51 Brooklyn. So outside of those 2, all they have to do is go 8-8

They need to go in a different direction regardless of where they finish, unless they transform into a completely different team than the one we've seen in the first 60 games.  Finishing .500 and squeaking into the playoffs in a god awful east and looking completely non-competitive in a good chunk of those games isn't good enough when the goal was to build on a 44 win season.  

It depends how injured Jackson is. He is everything to this offense.

If he is hurt and needs surgery, I don't think they go in a different direction or fire Stan.

If he isn't hurt, maybe some big changes are needed.

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It depends how injured Jackson is. He is everything to this offense.

If he is hurt and needs surgery, I don't think they go in a different direction or fire Stan.

If he isn't hurt, maybe some big changes are needed.

If he is hurt, get it fixed now and get into shape for next season.  Or maybe it doesn't matter whether he gets it fixed now or after 4 playoff games.  Either way, he'll have a few months before camp.

Seriously, would it be any worse going with Smith and Udrih right now?

Wall had his surgery during the playoffs last year.  I assume Reggie would be getting something similar to that.  Wall missed the Olympics was back by the start of training camp.

36 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Miami is a great story. 

Spoelstra is a great coach.  He doesn't get enough respect.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

They need to go in a different direction regardless of where they finish, unless they transform into a completely different team than the one we've seen in the first 60 games.  Finishing .500 and squeaking into the playoffs in a god awful east and looking completely non-competitive in a good chunk of those games isn't good enough when the goal was to build on a 44 win season.  

Like Del said it's all about Jackson. He was the main reason why they had so much success last season. He was a top 10 PG last year. 

Hopefully he opts for surgery and he is back to himself by opening night. 

16 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Heat win 

Bucks win 

Pistons remain in 7th, but only a half game up on a playoff spot. Very possible we could be out of the playoffs soon

you just can't wait....sounding positively giddy

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

Good grief, if Miami makes it and takes on Cleveland.....

Miami would lose in 4, maybe 5. 

18 minutes ago, DaBishop said:

you just can't wait....sounding positively giddy

8 in 10 of your posts are bitching about my negativity. Sorry you can handle someone who doesn't blow the sunshine about your precious little team. 

2 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

To defend Bishop, game day threads are pretty much *** cancer. If there's 50 posts we're down 20, if there's 20 posts we're down 10, if there's 5 posts we're winning.

That is every game thread, on every forum.  Losing brings people to the boards, winning keeps them content. 

2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

That is every game thread, on every forum.  Losing brings people to the boards, winning keeps them content. 

This is generally true. We could debate to what degree, but it's still cancer in the butt.

Just now, Who is the Drizzle? said:

This is generally true. We could debate to what degree, but it's still cancer in the butt.

I don't know.  I suppose I would be a hypocrite for criticizing negative post in game threads.  I have been known to visit a Lions game thread a time or two.  Kind of like it, a little animosity and debate mixed in with the game.