Sydney_Fife

2017 Playoff Race

22 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Starting Ish is fine. But SVG can really lose me if he doesn't start Harris too. 

They play well together so splitting them up would be stupid.

And let's be honest. Ish is starting tomorrow. You don't come out and say this if he isn't.

Maybe, but we've seen SVG try to use the media to get more out of his players before as well. He may be making one last ditch effort to light a fire under Reggie.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Maybe, but we've seen SVG try to use the media to get more out of his players before as well. He may be making one last ditch effort to light a fire under Reggie.

So Jackson won't put up any shots in the first half today.

I personally wish they would shut Jackson down, get him examined by doctors and see if surgery would be an option. 

Get the surgery. Rehab. Be ready to go for training camp. 

Hes clearly not helping the team. He's gone from a mediocre defender to an absolute liability. No burst at all. 

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I personally wish they would shut Jackson down, get him examined by doctors and see if surgery would be an option. 

Get the surgery. Rehab. Be ready to go for training camp. 

Hes clearly not helping the team. He's gone from a mediocre defender to an absolute liability. No burst at all. 

I completely agree.  I guess I would think get him examined first and then decide if they need to shut him down.  But aside from that, yes, let's make next season the priority.  They can go with Smith and Udrih as the PGs and would that really be much worse than what we've seen since Jackson came back?

Big thx to Cleveland for sitting their big 3. Clearly they're scared of facing us again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If the Pistons can beat the Bulls and the Pacers the next two games it's not unlikely that they will already be at least tied for the 6th seed. Pacers have two away back-to-backs with the first against the Hawks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Chicago has been a bit of a pain so far.  I had them losing to Cleveland and Golden State.  We should have already been ahead of them.

Pistons a game behind the Bulls for 7th. Tomorrow is a big game. 

Indiana is at Atlanta today.... we could be only a game out of 6th  

They have a 1.5 game cushion on the Heat and Bucks. 3 on Charlotte. 

Pistons are 0-3 against Indiana but they'll catch them playing their 3rd game in 4 nights on Wednesday. That will be an important game too. 

With Ish Smith on the floor, the Pistons score 107 points per/100.  That would put them about 20th in the league on offense.

With Ish on and Harris off, they are a brutal 98 points per/100.  Good for 30th, with 29th being a full 4 points ahead at 102 per/100.

For comparison.  With Reggie on they score 106 per/100.  Reggie on and Harris off, 107 per/100.

Miami beats Cleveland.

Indiana lost to Charlotte.  

The Pistons are 1 game behind Indiana for the 6th seed.  A win on Wednesday and they will be tied.  

The Pistons will bust *** to get to the 6th seed.  Cleveland will fall to pieces for the rest of the regular season due to being unable to handle Andrew Bogut's injury and fall to the 3rd seed.

Hawks are sort of melting down.

They have lost 3 in a row.  Last night, Schroeder got benched because him and D12 were arguing during the game and Curry drilled a 3 while it was happening.  

Not an easy task to make up 3 games but not impossible.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Hawks are sort of melting down.

They have lost 3 in a row.  Last night, Schroeder got benched because him and D12 were arguing during the game and Curry drilled a 3 while it was happening.  

Not an easy task to make up 3 games but not impossible.  

Hard to believe anyone still puts up with D12.

I figured this might come in handy.

Even with a win tonight the Pistons will remain in 7th.  Indiana owns the tiebreaker.

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/matchups

In the event two or more teams are tied in the standings, a series of tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding. 

Two-Team Tiebreaker:

1. Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)

2. Better record in head-to-head games

3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)

4. Higher winning percentage in conference games

5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference

6. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference

7. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Three-Team Tiebreaker:

1. Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)

2. Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied

3. Highest winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)

4. Highest winning percentage in conference games

5. Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference

6. Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

Putting some articles here just because this is a more broad thread...

Tobias for 6th man? A few people are starting to make the case:

http://pistonpowered.com/2017/02/28/detroit-pistons-tobias-harris-sixth-man/

Pistons still hope to try to hang on to Baynes and didn't want to trade him for just a pick:

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2017/03/pistons_chose_not_to_trade_aro_1.html

Ish Smith makes the Luke Walton All Star list:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2017/03/08/espn-pistons-ish-smith-luke-walton-star/98901820/