MAROTH4MVP

Redwings Trade deadline news

10 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Mr. Bigglesworth to Torontosports.com for the Leafs 5th round pick, a case of (AMERICAN) beer, and 3 left hand hockey sticks.

Destroying the Leafs' rebuild. I like it.

3 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

You try and trade em.

That's why I would have liked seeing Blashill fired at Christmas. Maybe a new coach would have regained some of the trade value of players like Sheahan, Nyquist, Mrazek, and Abdelkader who have disappeared under Blashill.

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

That's why I would have liked seeing Blashill fired at Christmas. Maybe a new coach would have regained some of the trade value of players like Sheahan, Nyquist, Mrazek, and Abdelkader who have disappeared under Blashill.

Blashill is basically Babcock-lite and I think the message has worn out, same as it would have for either coach. I didn't see much development really late in Babcock's tenure either.

Some guys like Nyquist and Tatar have seemingly regressed only under Blashill, but I think that has a lot to do with the overall decline in talent as it ages/retires. I think that really shows in Nyquist and the power play.

Edit: That is to say, Blashill does maybe need to go.

18 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Blashill is basically Babcock-lite and I think the message has worn out, same as it would have for either coach. I didn't see much development really late in Babcock's tenure either.

Some guys like Nyquist and Tatar have seemingly regressed only under Blashill, but I think that has a lot to do with the overall decline in talent as it ages/retires. I think that really shows in Nyquist and the power play.

Edit: That is to say, Blashill does maybe need to go.

Agreed but who comes in?

I like what Vancouver got from Ottawa for Alex Burrows. A prospect who was a 2016 2nd-rounder. I'd trade a bunch of Wings for returns like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

I like what Vancouver got from Ottawa for Alex Burrows. A prospect who was a 2016 2nd-rounder. I'd trade a bunch of Wings for returns like that.

Agree 100%. Best way the Redwings can get top 6 forwards and top 4 D-men is via the draft. That is their only chance to rebuild. They have plenty of 3rd and 4th line forwards, also bottom pairing Defenceman.

This is going to be a terrible draft, so getting good picks will be easy.  Making good picks won't be easy.

Wings did well by trading Smith to the Rangers for a 3rd this year and a 2nd rounder next year. 

1 minute ago, cruzer1 said:

Wings did well by trading Smith to the Rangers for a 3rd this year and a 2nd rounder next year. 

Agreed. The 2nd round pick is Ottawa's.

I'm thinking it'd be nice to get a prospect along with a pick for Vanek.

I hope that Green, Vanek, Nyquist and Tatar are apart of today's purge so that we can finally hit the reset button and get into our loooooooong overdue rebuild. I don't want Kenny leading the charge on a rebuild, but it beats floating along as we have been since 2009.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I wonder if Patrick Sharp's apparent injury will increase demand for Vanek.

we can only hope. Would love to get a 1st.

1 hour ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

we can only hope. Would love to get a 1st.

Next year