Nastradamus

2017 Offseason and free agency thread

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

If last year is a guide, quinn will identify the big fish he wants and then overpay them.  Then he does a lot of depth signings.

While i would be happy to see lang or hightower, i would be surprised if we did it.  I dont see us busting the bank, especially with stafford and ansah extensions coming.

Fwiw though, Stafford counts 22 mil against the cap this year. 

I'd have to say I'm happy with the offseason so far. They went out and got a very good player at a big position of need, and then have made some experienced (but still young!) depth signings at positions of weakness. I think last year showed us how not having those depth guys can be a killer. Having young guys who have started games on the bench at LB/DL is going to really help out when someone inevitably gets injured or Ngata turns to dust from old age.

If anyone was upset with the Wagner deal,  Reiff got 5 years and 58 million from the Vikings. 

19 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

If anyone was upset with the Wagner deal,  Reiff got 5 years and 58 million from the Vikings. 

Do they think they are moving him back to the left side or something? Yipes.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Do they think they are moving him back to the left side or something? Yipes.

Actually yes, they just signed a terrible RT in Mike Remmers too.

Signed Darren Fells today, 3rd best pass blocking TE last year. Good fit for sure

Also snagged Keyshawn Martin. Kind of an Andre Roberts type

Depth chart update

QB  Stafford - Rudock 

RB   Abdullah - Riddick - Zenner - Washington (FB - Burton)

TE   Ebron - Fells - Wick/Lee

WR   M.Jones - Tate - T.Jones - Martin 

OT   Decker - Wagner - Robinson - Lucas 

OG  Glasgow - Tomlinson - Dahl 

C  Swanson 

DE  Ansah - Hyder - Zettel 

DT  Robinson - Ngata - Hicks - Washington - Thornton 

OLB  Whitehead - Williams - Armbrister 

MLB  Worrilow 

S  Quin - Wilson - Kilebrew 

CB  Slay - Lawson - Hayden - Diggs - Bademosi (Carter/Barnes)

TJ Lang would give the Lions one of the better pass blocking units in football. 

Man oh man 

We still could use a big running back to complement Riddick and Abdullah. Joe Mixon seems like a Patriot pick 

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

TJ Lang would give the Lions one of the better pass blocking units in football. 

Man oh man 

We still could use a big running back to complement Riddick and Abdullah. Joe Mixon seems like a Patriot pick 

I'd kill for Mixon. I don't condone what he did, but I'm ready to move on. He might be the 2nd most talented RB in this draft 

ZERO EXCUSES for our lack of a running game now. Behind Dallas, we should have the best O-Line in the league. Run the damn football boys!

I didn't expect to land Wagner and Lang. What is the cap situation at now? I'm guessing the defense is going to need to be upgraded through the draft. 

Beautiful.  Decker, Lang and Wagner are three of the best players at their position.  Add in Swanson who had a pretty good year before he got injured and this should be a big boost for Stafford and the offense.   Now lets get some defense in the draft.

Quinn just won a game against GB without even playing one. 

"Lang, who didn't allow so much as a QB hit last year"

So, forever...my mentally handicapped brother would ask me when the Lions got a FA if he was good enough to help us win a Super Bowl.  

Maybe not this one guy...but I think Bob Quinn might be the guy to get the groceries that we can make a Super Bowl out of.