Nastradamus

2017 Offseason and free agency thread

It looks like from the details, he will cost 10 against the cap in 2017 and 25 against the cap in 2018. 28 against the cap in 2019. 30 against cap in 2020. 28 against cap in 2021. 31 against cap in 2022. 

I probably screwed that up. 

I'm sure everyone has seen this one or a similar picture...but still amazing they were little league team mates.

I see our old buddy Rob Parker was on Cowherd's show saying that the Lions would have been better off signing Kaepernick and going with him than Stafford.  Its pretty bad when Colin Cowherd is the voice of reason. 

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I see our old buddy Rob Parker was on Cowherd's show saying that the Lions would have been better off signing Kaepernick and going with him than Stafford.  Its pretty bad when Colin Cowherd is the voice of reason. 

Parker is such an idiot.

17 minutes ago, Buddha said:

he got the attention he wanted.  strives to be stephen a smith part deux.

Correct.  If he doesn't give the hot take, they will find someone else to put on the air to give the hot take.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

looking at some advanced stats from last year showing the lions oline and defense as two of the worst in football (both ranked 31st, i believe).

and they still won 9 games.

thats why matt stafford got paid and deserved to get paid.  he almost singlehandedly won them 9 games last year.  the lions are still not very talented at most positions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

he got the attention he wanted.  strives to be stephen a smith part deux.

And fails miserably.

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

would anyone trade with the jets for sheldon richardson?

What round pick are we giving up?

On 8/29/2017 at 7:24 PM, Shelton said:

It looks like from the details, he will cost 10 against the cap in 2017 and 25 against the cap in 2018. 28 against the cap in 2019. 30 against cap in 2020. 28 against cap in 2021. 31 against cap in 2022. 

I probably screwed that up. 

No, it sounds about right.  He got 50 million as a signing bonus, so that is divisible by the 6 years.  Only the first four year of the contract has guarantees, and the guarantees equal 92 million.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:35 AM, Buddha said:

would anyone trade with the jets for sheldon richardson?

If I did, he would have to play DT for the Lions.  He might not be a good fit for the Lions, so no.

9 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

No, it sounds about right.  He got 50 million as a signing bonus, so that is divisible by the 6 years.  Only the first four year of the contract has guarantees, and the guarantees equal 92 million.

I think the thing I may have missed is that his cap hit is higher this year that what I put because it includes a share of his previous signing bonus. 

As for Thomlinson, I'm shocked they were able to get that much for him.  So for now, we've lost a 6th rounder next year for Robinson, and gained a 5th the year after.  I'll take that trade-off, plus I think the Lions will move Robinson to LG when Decker returns.

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

I think the thing I may have missed is that his cap hit is higher this year that what I put because it includes a share of his previous signing bonus. 

For some reason, the Lions gained about 4-6 million in cap space this year with that deal.

7 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

For some reason, the Lions gained about 4-6 million in cap space this year with that deal.

I think his base salary was 16.5, and a cap hit of 22 before. 

The 10 plus 1 for this year, plus the old bonus of 5.5, gives him a cap hit of 16.5 this year. 

52 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

If I did, he would have to play DT for the Lions.  He might not be a good fit for the Lions, so no.

i think he could play both and that the lions could use a good pass rushing dt to play alongside robinson.

not sure i would want to give uo a high pick to get him.  maybe a 4th if that woukd do it.

It says a lot about how garbage the Tomlinson pick was that trading him for a 5th rounder feels like a steal for us

9 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

SHeldon Richardson is an amazing scheme fit with Austin. About as good a DL fit as we could find

3 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

It says a lot about how garbage the Tomlinson pick was that trading him for a 5th rounder feels like a steal for us

Yup, but I am glad to get that 5th at this point. Nice swap when you include it with the Robinson deal.