Deleterious

2017 NBA trade deadline

15 hours ago, Hart said:

How did Boston not get a deal done?  I personally think the Pistons blew it by not making a trade but unlike the Celtics, no trade was going to put us in contention this year anyways so we can make up for it by wheeling and dealing this summer.  Boston had a chance to compete with Cleveland this year with the right move.  

Because everyone wanted the moon for stars and they don't need role players really. Though they supposedly offered a real first for Noel and still didn't get him over Dallas' first lol. 

24 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Because everyone wanted the moon for stars and they don't need role players really. Though they supposedly offered a real first for Noel and still didn't get him over Dallas' first lol. 

The don't trade him in your division/conference philosophy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Who knows where their core of Bradley, Thomas, Crowder, and Horford will be by the time their draft picks get good?  I can understand backing away from George if he was giving teams the idea he wouldn't resign but I get the impression they could have gotten Butler if they gave up that pick.  That gives you a strong three years to contend for a title.  Can't pass that up.  

On 2/24/2017 at 6:12 PM, Hart said:

Who knows where their core of Bradley, Thomas, Crowder, and Horford will be by the time their draft picks get good?  I can understand backing away from George if he was giving teams the idea he wouldn't resign but I get the impression they could have gotten Butler if they gave up that pick.  That gives you a strong three years to contend for a title.  Can't pass that up.  

I don't think Butler was ever moving. If they did turn down such a thing, I think it would be a mistake. Obviously whatever else was involved in the trade offer is a factor of course. 

It wouldnt surprise me if the pistons sought to move guys.  Svg has assembled a roster that is one of the highest paid in the league and all he has to show for it is a mediocre team struggling to make the playoffs in a weak conference.

If i were an owner paying him top dollar, i'd be upset.

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

It wouldnt surprise me if the pistons sought to move guys.  Svg has assembled a roster that is one of the highest paid in the league and all he has to show for it is a mediocre team struggling to make the playoffs in a weak conference.

If i were an owner paying him top dollar, i'd be upset.

I'm not sure he views it that way, at least from a contract/value perspective.

They're basically $9M over the league average and $5M of that is Josh Smith. I also don't see a contract they couldn't dump. Reggie's would be tough I guess with the knee/poor 2016/7, so 1 untradeable contract.

But I do think something needs to be done with Andre, who Gores really likes. Either get him to try underhanded at the line, or trade him.

• Like 1

Just now, Who is the Drizzle? said:

I'm not sure he views it that way, at least from a contract/value perspective.

They're basically $9M over the league average and $5M of that is Josh Smith. I also don't see a contract they couldn't dump. Reggie's would be tough I guess with the knee/poor 2016/7, so 1 untradeable contract.

But I do think something needs to be done with Andre, who Gores really likes. Either get him to try underhanded at the line, or trade him.

Theyre about to be a lot more than that over if they want to keep kcp.

Just now, Buddha said:

Theyre about to be a lot more than that over if they want to keep kcp.

The point is the same. If Gores wants a lower payroll, he can have that.

I think Gores would be upset at the record/coaching more than the contracts/gm, is my main point. I don't think there's an expectation that since I'm paying this much we need to be this good.

4 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

The point is the same. If Gores wants a lower payroll, he can have that.

I think Gores would be upset at the record/coaching more than the contracts/gm, is my main point. I don't think there's an expectation that since I'm paying this much we need to be this good.

No matter what, the idea that the pistons have an expensive roster with little moveable pieces that has no flexibility and isnt getting any better should bother everyone in the organization.  

Theyre in nba purgatory, imo.  Not good enough to win in the playoffs and not bad enough to get a franchise changing player.  Instead of finishing 9th in the draft they finish 15th.  Whoop de doo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

No matter what, the idea that the pistons have an expensive roster with little moveable pieces that has no flexibility and isnt getting any better should bother everyone in the organization.  

Theyre in nba purgatory, imo.  Not good enough to win in the playoffs and not bad enough to get a franchise changing player.  Instead of finishing 9th in the draft they finish 15th.  Whoop de doo.

Those six picks could mean the difference between an all-star and a GLeaguer.  You never know.