Deleterious

2017 NBA trade deadline

8 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Plumlee was superfluous for them. Smart to dump him. He's a solid add for Charlotte though. 

Are you confusing him with his brother?  Miles is pretty bad and making $12.5M per for the next 3.5 years.  

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Are you confusing him with his brother?  Miles is pretty bad and making $12.5M per for the next 3.5 years.  

No, but I guess I didn't look him up either. I just know Charlotte could use a body up front with some size and energy. He may suck more than I realize haha

I like that fit. I think Okafor is worth the gamble for New Orleans. They need some talent that can help both now and in the future. They can protect him a bit defensively and they can create space for him offensively. He could be their Kanter IMO

6 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Pelicans had mulled a run at Reggie Jackson

Would that have been for Holiday?

Dude is always hurt.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Would that have been for Holiday?

Dude is always hurt.

Yah, but probably just as an expiring deal. IDK what else we get or what the next step would have been. 

9 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Yah, but probably just as an expiring deal. IDK what else we get or what the next step would have been. 

They can't really trade Reggie for an expiring that will walk.  They wouldn't have enough cap space to sign a starting PG if that happened.  

if we make it very clear that we'll match any max offer to KCP won't that dissuade anyone from offering it to him and give us time to address the PG position prior to resigning him, just like we did with Drummond? Without Reggie's contract we're only at 79 million next season before KCP's deal gets inked. At the end of the day, we just need Pope to play ball with us.

35 minutes ago, DaBishop said:

if we make it very clear that we'll match any max offer to KCP won't that dissuade anyone from offering it to him and give us time to address the PG position prior to resigning him, just like we did with Drummond? Without Reggie's contract we're only at 79 million next season before KCP's deal gets inked. At the end of the day, we just need Pope to play ball with us.

Without Reggie and Baynes + the KCP caphold I have them about $100M and that isn't counting the Bullock caphold.  That means the Pistons would have $8M to find a starting PG.  Not happening.

I was wrong it's $97M with all cap holds included (Beno, KCP, Bullock).  Salary cap is projected at $103M next year.  That still means they only have $8M in cap space since every team gets the MLE.

You could renounce Beno and Bullock and then cut Hilliard and Silent G and that will end up at $87.6M for cap space equaling $15.3M.  You might land a starter for that price, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  

Name 2017-18
Andre Drummond $23,775,506
Tobias Harris $16,000,000
Reggie Jackson  
Jon Leuer $10,497,319
Boban Marjanovic $7,000,000
Aron Baynes  
Ish Smith $6,000,000
Josh Smith (stretched) $5,331,729
Marcus Morris $5,000,000
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $9,195,797
Stanley Johnson $3,097,800
Reggie Bullock $5,639,111
Henry Ellenson $1,780,800
Beno Udrih $1,471,382
Darrun Hilliard $1,471,382
Michael Gbinije $1,312,611
Nikola Jovanovic (waived)  
Trey Freeman (waived)  
Ray McCallum (waived)  

Total $97,573,437

Ugh I forgot about Ajinca.  New Orleans wants to ship him with Holiday and he makes $4.6M so subtract that from any of my cap space numbers in the previous post.

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

If only josh smith werent on their books anymore.

Hey man, we're free and clear of him in the summer of 2020.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:57 AM, Deleterious said:

They can't really trade Reggie for an expiring that will walk.  They wouldn't have enough cap space to sign a starting PG if that happened.  

You'd have to be planning to draft one and/or start Ish. Or have another trade ready

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Hey man, we're free and clear of him in the summer of 2020.

Thats horrible.

I still think that was a horrible, short sighted move.

Every move ever involving Josh Smith was stupid and terrible. OUCH! Crap, as I was typing that one of his three point attempts finally landed and nailed me in the head.