RedRamage

Lions new font, tweaked logo

44 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Will the new uniforms look like the Patriots?   

Quinn: "I've always found Red to be an aggressive color.  I think teams with red just tend to play better."

Interesting side note: For a very brief period of time the Lions actually did have Red as a Jersey color.DetroitLions1948.jpg

1 minute ago, RedRamage said:

Quinn: "I've always found Red to be an aggressive color.  I think teams with red just tend to play better."

Interesting side note: For a very brief period of time the Lions actually did have Red as a Jersey color.DetroitLions1948.jpg

An actual Lion is closer to being the color red than the color blue.    But it won't be that radical. 

42 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

An actual Lion is closer to being the color red than the color blue.    But it won't be that radical. 

Wait, so this isn't a real picture? 

photo.jpg

The more I think about it the more I hope they completely redo the entire logo and color scheme.  We have ZERO history with blue and silver.  We have nothing to lose.  This is not like Teal and Purple where we actually had history and were going from great primary colors to horrid colors.  Stay primary, but change the whole thing up.  Can't hurt anything.

Go Red and White or Red and Gold or something.

They have lots of history with Honolulu blue and silver.

Just not good history.

Looking at that picture, it looks even better than I remembered.

No stripes on the pants, jersey, helmets. No numbers on sleeves. No logo on helmet.

Darker blue is much better against silver than Honolulu blue.

Just a simple, clean look with the right amount of contrast between silver and blue.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:07 PM, cruzer1 said:

This stuff means nothing to me.  Just like the chearleaders.  Nothing about football.

Me neither. Get good players. All the rest is just noise

Except looking at cheerleaders. I digress

The Lions should change their colors to Black & White. The only championships I've seen them win are on YouTube in those colors. Great history.

On 02/24/2017 at 11:49 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This is all they need to do with the jerseys.

280861_display_image.jpg?1304905488

I'm probably in the minority but I do not like those throwback uniforms even a little bit.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:53 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Looking at that picture, it looks even better than I remembered.

No stripes on the pants, jersey, helmets. No numbers on sleeves. No logo on helmet.

Darker blue is much better against silver than Honolulu blue.

Just a simple, clean look with the right amount of contrast between silver and blue.

The blue WILL be a darker shade, but only slightly.  The numbers will be silver with a white outline and they will be bigger with a font similar to their new script.  There will be silver piping along the front/sides of the jersey like the Patriots.   The pants will be silver with no stripe.  The Helmet will have a larger and more aggressive-looking lion and the helmets will have a chrome silver look to them instead of just silver.   

The color rush will be all silver with blue numbers outlined in white

20 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I'm probably in the minority but I do not like those throwback uniforms even a little bit.

Your mom goes to college.

Those throwback jerseys were so sweet.  I remember the first time I saw them it was for a Monday Night game and the next day at school that's all that me and my friends were talking about.  I think they actually upset the Cowboys or 49ers that night but we were more concerned with the awesomeness of the jerseys. 

That night they beat the Cowboys in OT on MNF.  I think Hanson missed 3 long FT, including one as time expired in regulation, but he hit one in OT for the win.

EDIT: Here's the box score.  Hanson missed 3 for 50+ yards.  I forget birthdays and the like, but this is the crap I remember.

On 2/27/2017 at 0:53 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

The blue WILL be a darker shade, but only slightly.  The numbers will be silver with a white outline and they will be bigger with a font similar to their new script.  There will be silver piping along the front/sides of the jersey like the Patriots.   The pants will be silver with no stripe.  The Helmet will have a larger and more aggressive-looking lion and the helmets will have a chrome silver look to them instead of just silver.   

The color rush will be all silver with blue numbers outlined in white

This seems oddly specific and unequivocal. Do you have inside knowledge on this? Or is that just your preference?

Sounds like the new home and road unis will basically just be almost the same as the late 70s uniforms.   We'll also get the throwbacks in the rotation (Thanksgiving Day) and an all "silver" color rush (which is actually all light-grey).