John_Brian_K

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

42 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Jar Jar is the James McCann of the Star Wars universe. 

That is pretty harsh criticism of Jar Jar, and there was no death cruel enough for Jar Jar.

can't wait to read the analysis... I was tired, and a little drunk, when I watched last night.  Had the day off and was drinking all day watching baseball.

I think BB8 adds enough "cute factor". Do they really need the owl thing too? That has been my one constant criticism of the SW movie franchise is they seem to think they always need to add something cute. I think Rogue One was the only one that bucked that trend.

Snoke clearly knows Rey's parentage here with the "fulfill your destiny" line. Everyone thinks she's a product of Luke or Obi-Wan, but what if she has sith blood? Maybe removed a couple generations. Maybe from Duku or someone like that? It's not likely to be Anakin. I hope someone more obscure.

Could also have something to do with Del Toro's character, who we have yet to even see. He probably has a very small role, maybe in a force vision or something. 

14 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Snoke clearly knows Rey's parentage here with the "fulfill your destiny" line. Everyone thinks she's a product of Luke or Obi-Wan, but what if she has sith blood? Maybe removed a couple generations. Maybe from Duku or someone like that? It's not likely to be Anakin. I hope someone more obscure.

Could also have something to do with Del Toro's character, who we have yet to even see. He probably has a very small role, maybe in a force vision or something. 

Could there be some merging or alliance between Rey/Little Vader, force/darkside? Or is that against everything Star Wars?

45 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I’m hesitant to put too much stock into what the trailer hints at. 

But going down that road, I could see Rey being a snoke creation, similar to how Palpatine created Anakin (that’s what happened right?).

maybe she got away. Maybe it was luke that rescued her and dropped her at jakku. Maybe luke’s line about not being afraid of what he saw before was a reference to her when she was younger. 

Kylo’s line in TFA about “what girl” has to mean something. 

I could see the scene where he offers his hand being a vision. 

I’m fairly confident that this movie is going to have a downer ending, so Rey joining kylo is possible. That would be a marketing nightmare though, right?

Just now, Shelton said:

I’m fairly confident that this movie is going to have a downer ending, so Rey joining kylo is possible. That would be a marketing nightmare though, right?

I can see Rey joining Kylo at the end, with the final movie entailing Skywalker sacrificing himself to Kylo in order to bring Rey back.  Naturally Rey would kill Kylo as a symbolic gesture of her return to good-guy-dom.

Gotta say, I loved the trailer and I’m really looking forward to this one. I have a lot of faith in Rian hitting it out of the park. So many ways this story can go. I was really impressed with Luke’s dialogue. I think there was a lot of concern about whether he could still act, but from the limited amount we have seen, it seems to work. 

• Like 1