davidsb

.....Days Until.....

33 days until pitchers and catchers report (Feb 13)

37 days until position players report (Feb 17)

43 days until the Florida Southern game (Feb 23)

44 days until the first spring training game (vs Baltimore Feb 24)

82 days until opening day – Tigers @ White Sox (April 3)

86 days until home opener – Red Sox @ Tigers (Apr 7)

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 7:37 AM, davidsb said:

33 days until pitchers and catchers report (Feb 13)

37 days until position players report (Feb 17)

43 days until the Florida Southern game (Feb 23)

44 days until the first spring training game (vs Baltimore Feb 24)

82 days until opening day – Tigers @ White Sox (April 3)

86 days until home opener – Red Sox @ Tigers (Apr 7)

Thanks for the thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ballmich said:

WBC kicks off on March 6th. 

Miggy and VMart playing for Venezuela, they appear to start on Marth 10th.  Kinsler play for USA.  Jiminez pitching for someone.  There's one or two other Detroit minor leaguers who are playing. 

http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/schedule/

Can't say that I'm thrilled about Miggy and Vmart playing in the WBC.  I mean good for them but I already cringe anytime they run the bases cause of fear of injury, that's going to be ten fold when they play in something that I really don't care about. 

Random thought of the day:

Miguel Cabrera is the Bill Murray of baseball.  

If you get this and agree, we'll be the most excellent internet friends for life.  

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Can't say that I'm thrilled about Miggy and Vmart playing in the WBC.  I mean good for them but I already cringe anytime they run the bases cause of fear of injury, that's going to be ten fold when they play in something that I really don't care about. 

No more so than a spring training game. 

4 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Maybe, but for one I have more faith in our coaching staff to make sure they don't over do them and also I don't expect either to really give it their all on spring training.  I don't think Victor or Cabrera is going to try to stretch a single into a double or try scoring from 1st on a double in ST.  But playing for their country could be a different story. 

4 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I'm certain they're more likely to run hard in a WBC game than a Spring Training game. 

Sometimes I think some of these guys from other countries feel more passionately about the WBC than the regular season. 

9 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Sometimes I think some of these guys from other countries feel more passionately about the WBC than the regular season. 

They might.  Their nationalism takes over, and that's understandable.  Many players have to leave their home country and families to pursue their vocation, so I get how playing for their national team might inspire them.

I also do not think the coaches / managers of national teams are taking more risks with players or are markedly less qualified to understand the injury risks than the Tigers staff.

It isn't as if Kevin Rand is viewed as the gold standard.

I am getting tired of reading stories about which players are going to play for which countries in the WBC.  I see a headline about Miguel Cabrera and my first thought is it's a trade rumor.  Then I see he is playing for Venezuela and my next thought is that he is playing winter ball??? It doesn't seem like something that needs to be updated every day, but I suppose they have to write about something.  

31 days until pitchers and catchers report

35 days until position players report

41 days until the Florida Southern game

42 days until the first spring training game

80 days until opening day – Tigers @ White Sox

84 days until home opener – Red Sox @ Tigers

57 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I am getting tired of reading stories about which players are going to play for which countries in the WBC.  I see a headline about Miguel Cabrera and my first thought is it's a trade rumor.  Then I see he is playing for Venezuela and my next thought is that he is playing winter ball??? It doesn't seem like something that needs to be updated every day, but I suppose they have to write about something.  

somebody's "hangry" --grab a Snickers

I have a trip on Expedia waiting to book right now with tickets to the game against the Phillies.  If the wife was not pregnant I would already have clicked the button to finalize the trip about 2 months ago.  If she had short term disability like she did with the last employer I would have already finalized it.  

Decisions decisions...

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

If the wife was not pregnant I would already have clicked the button to finalize the trip about 2 months ago.

Congratulations! Have you determined the number of buns in the oven yet?

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Congratulations! Have you determined the number of buns in the oven yet?

Thanks.  Just one this time.  I asked the Dr how often it happens that they say 1 when there really is a 2nd or something hiding behind the other one.  She said she had been doing this work for 30 years and it happens once every 10 years or so.....I asked her how long it had been since the last time it happened...she chuckled a little and then realized it had been 10 years or so.  We find out if it's a boy or a girl in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Thanks.  Just one this time.  I asked the Dr how often it happens that they say 1 when there really is a 2nd or something hiding behind the other one.  She said she had been doing this work for 30 years and it happens once every 10 years or so.....I asked her how long it had been since the last time it happened...she chuckled a little and then realized it had been 10 years or so.  We find out if it's a boy or a girl in a couple weeks.

Just think, you have better odds of the one baby being both a boy and a girl than for her to have missed a 2nd baby. 

27 days until pitchers and catchers report

31 days until position players report

37 days until the Florida Southern game

38 days until the first spring training game

76 days until opening day – Tigers @ White Sox

80 days until home opener – Red Sox @ Tigers

24 days until pitchers and catchers report

28 days until position players report

34 days until the Florida Southern game

35 days until the first spring training game

73 days until opening day – Tigers @ White Sox

77 days until home opener – Red Sox @ Tigers

On 1/12/2017 at 5:33 PM, RandyMarsh said:

They'll just be jogging after they hit the ball 600 feet. : )

On 1/20/2017 at 6:45 AM, davidsb said:

24 days until pitchers and catchers report

28 days until position players report

34 days until the Florida Southern game

35 days until the first spring training game

73 days until opening day – Tigers @ White Sox

77 days until home opener – Red Sox @ Tigers

Didn't Yooper used to start this thread? Good job with it. It's usually my favorite thread of the season.