Jump to content

Deleterious

2017 Michigan Football

Recommended Posts

On 8/25/2017 at 0:35 PM, mickeyb105 said:

Awful?  The ball was in his hands.  Your senior playmaking WR needs to fight for that ball better than that.

Do you have excuse for the one that went completely through the hands and hit the WR (Darboh, I think) right on the belt?

Why is it too much to ask your senior WR to make plays for your SO quarterback?

WHy would I have an excuse for Darboh? I'm not hear to rag on SPeight or defend WRs, I'm just making a factual point in order to provide context to the situation. SPeight under threw it and things went the way things go when you under throw balls some times. He's not blameless, period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

WHy would I have an excuse for Darboh? I'm not hear to rag on SPeight or defend WRs, I'm just making a factual point in order to provide context to the situation. SPeight under threw it and things went the way things go when you under throw balls some times. He's not blameless, period.

That is a ball Darboh has to catch.  He catches it, Michigan runs out the clock and wins.  Speight got teed up by the untouched guy Braden was supposed to block.  Go to the 2:04 mark of the game.  To review the ball Chesson caught but couldn't keep, go to about 1:54:30.  He tried to catch the ball with his body instead of catching it with his hands.  The ball bounces off his shoulder pads, he gets his hands on it loosely and then has it ripped by the trailing defender.  College receivers--high school receivers in FL, even--are coached to catch and secure with the hands, not to trap the ball against the body.  Two senior receivers not making plays for their SO QB.  These two barely cracked 200 yards between them over the last four games of the season, only scoring once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With so many Florida players out for this game, I like UM's chances there.  Wisconsin is good & their QB is another year older.  PSU is overrated.  The biggest challenge will be OSU.  I really like our young talent on both sides of the ball, especially WR & DB, but staying healthy & protecting Speight will be keys.  I still don't see us as a 3-4 loss team.  If everything goes wrong we may lose 3, but I would not predict that talent-wise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a thread from a UF POV on how dominant the Michigan Defense was against Florida.  It is several posts long, but worth going through.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Here is a thread from a UF POV on how dominant the Michigan Defense was against Florida.  It is several posts long, but worth going through.  

 

that's a fun thread.   He loves Mo Hurst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2017 at 0:58 PM, mickeyb105 said:

That is a ball Darboh has to catch.  He catches it, Michigan runs out the clock and wins.  Speight got teed up by the untouched guy Braden was supposed to block.  Go to the 2:04 mark of the game.  To review the ball Chesson caught but couldn't keep, go to about 1:54:30.  He tried to catch the ball with his body instead of catching it with his hands.  The ball bounces off his shoulder pads, he gets his hands on it loosely and then has it ripped by the trailing defender.  College receivers--high school receivers in FL, even--are coached to catch and secure with the hands, not to trap the ball against the body.  Two senior receivers not making plays for their SO QB.  These two barely cracked 200 yards between them over the last four games of the season, only scoring once.

 

watch the replay not just the live action. Even Herb says its behind him. It hits him in a weird spot where he can't secure it and the Iowa guy is right there to take it away. I dont' think he ever had a chance to grab it tighter or anything. Anyways, I'll shut up about this now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was unable to see most of this game due to circumstances beyond my control. The first part I was able to watch was the first pick six. Then the second shortly after that. I caught a bit of third quarter, and then the end of the game. 

I was able to see a replay though, and it's hard not to be impressed with how the team looked. 

I don't see a lot of drama until the penn state game. This could be a fun season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how worried we should be, but Maryland just went into Austin and beat a 24th-ranked Texas team 51-41.

They poured on 482 yards of offense, but gave up 473 yards and 26 (!!!) first downs.

We play them at their house, and I'm sure they will be eager to avenge their 59-3 loss from last year.  This is the game before Wisconsin, so it is a classic game that a team focused on the Badgers and TOSU could take a little lighter than they should.  Not saying Harbaugh will let that happen, mind you, but Maryland got a little more interesting with that win last week.

Maybe instead of beating them by eight TD this year it will only be six or seven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I was unable to see most of this game due to circumstances beyond my control. The first part I was able to watch was the first pick six. Then the second shortly after that. I caught a bit of third quarter, and then the end of the game. 

I was able to see a replay though, and it's hard not to be impressed with how the team looked. 

I don't see a lot of drama until the penn state game. This could be a fun season. 

Do you need an attorney?  Should we alert Delta Force?  Want me to contact the US Consulate in whatever country you are in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I'm not sure how worried we should be, but Maryland just went into Austin and beat a 24th-ranked Texas team 51-41.

They poured on 482 yards of offense, but gave up 473 yards and 26 (!!!) first downs.

We play them at their house, and I'm sure they will be eager to avenge their 59-3 loss from last year.  This is the game before Wisconsin, so it is a classic game that a team focused on the Badgers and TOSU could take a little lighter than they should.  Not saying Harbaugh will let that happen, mind you, but Maryland got a little more interesting with that win last week.

Maybe instead of beating them by eight TD this year it will only be six or seven.

"their house" will be every Michigan Alumn with $200 spare bucks on the East Coast.

I do like D.J. Durkin though.  He's a good coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

"their house" will be every Michigan Alumn with $200 spare bucks on the East Coast.

I do like D.J. Durkin though.  He's a good coach.

This is a good point, but it is obviously different than having to play Michigan in front of a "capacity" crowd--whatever that means this year.

Agree on Durkin.  I hope he gets out of that football graveyard in-tact enough to keep climbing the destination ladder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

This is a good point, but it is obviously different than having to play Michigan in front of a "capacity" crowd--whatever that means this year.

Agree on Durkin.  I hope he gets out of that football graveyard in-tact enough to keep climbing the destination ladder.

that Under Armor guy has been spending money on MD programs with a vengeance.  MD is gonna be a good stepping stone for Durkin soon enough.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

that Under Armor guy has been spending money on MD programs with a vengeance.  MD is gonna be a good stepping stone for Durkin soon enough.   

Yeah, he's bound and determined to make MD a power.  Knight was able to help Oregon rise up, perhaps MD isn't as lost of a cause as I think.  It isn't like MD has worse in-state talent.  Durkin's last two recruiting classes have ranked 41st and 18th (one top 100, six top-300 guys is incredible for MD), which is a revelation coming from the 47th and 41st in the two years before that.  They are on-track for 16th this year, although it is early, which includes two top 300 guys.

In a couple of years I guess they could move into Iowa territory, which would really give Durkin some serious shine.  He's going to have to beat out UNC, WVA, UVA and VA Tech for more semi-studs, and that is going to be interesting to watch for those who have the energy to do so.  Beating out Syracuse and Pitt for talent is a good start, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Yeah, he's bound and determined to make MD a power.  Knight was able to help Oregon rise up, perhaps MD isn't as lost of a cause as I think.  It isn't like MD has worse in-state talent.  Durkin's last two recruiting classes have ranked 41st and 18th (one top 100, six top-300 guys is incredible for MD), which is a revelation coming from the 47th and 41st in the two years before that.  They are on-track for 16th this year, although it is early, which includes two top 300 guys.

In a couple of years I guess they could move into Iowa territory, which would really give Durkin some serious shine.  He's going to have to beat out UNC, WVA, UVA and VA Tech for more semi-studs, and that is going to be interesting to watch for those who have the energy to do so.  Beating out Syracuse and Pitt for talent is a good start, though.

concur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

I'm not sure how worried we should be, but Maryland just went into Austin and beat a 24th-ranked Texas team 51-41.

They poured on 482 yards of offense, but gave up 473 yards and 26 (!!!) first downs.

We play them at their house, and I'm sure they will be eager to avenge their 59-3 loss from last year.  This is the game before Wisconsin, so it is a classic game that a team focused on the Badgers and TOSU could take a little lighter than they should.  Not saying Harbaugh will let that happen, mind you, but Maryland got a little more interesting with that win last week.

Maybe instead of beating them by eight TD this year it will only be six or seven.

Texas was overranked because they're Texas.    Gonna take a couple years for Herman to get what he can out of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Texas was overranked because they're Texas.    Gonna take a couple years for Herman to get what he can out of them.  

Not disputing Texas was overranked, but Maryland going down to Austin and winning should never happen.  Never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately for Maryland, they lost their starting QB for the season and best defensive player for most if not all of the season in the win.

 

And Texas sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 9:51 AM, mickeyb105 said:

Not disputing Texas was overranked, but Maryland going down to Austin and winning should never happen.  Never.

D.J. Durkin is a **** of a coach.   I think Harbaugh will go back to the NFL one day.  Not for awhile, but eventually - you know he wants that ring.     I think he'll coach Michigan for at least 8 years before that happens and I do think he will get into at least National Championship (this team in 2019 is going to be incredible).     D.J. Durkin might be one of the top possible replacements one day.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rumors that the Minnesota game will be under the lights.    If so, with Fleck and Harbaugh roaming the sidelines they are not going to need to use the power grid to light up the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...