Deleterious

2017 Michigan Football

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

now reese is gone too?

disaster level class.

One wonders what will or can change to alter this situation. 

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

They flipped him overnight.

They bought him.  

I hate the SEC.

Edit:  this is coming from the Lee County football staff, so we'll see.

i think he was waiting for a spot to open up at georgia.  always was.  he's from there and was always a soft commit to michigan.

Just now, Buddha said:

i think he was waiting for a spot to open up at georgia.  always was.  he's from there and was always a soft commit to michigan.

Based on the bags of cash I have seen in situations identical to this, I stand by $$$.

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

One wonders what will or can change to alter this situation. 

better assistant coaches, better midwest talent, and better results on the field next year.

michigan's oline has been trash or subpar for a long time.  maybe they should get a new oline coach?

their interior oline should be good next year, they need to put up or shut up.

they really miscalculated in recruiting this year.  the world is full of 3* dbs with "upside", the world is not full of 300 pound linemen.  lets try to focus our efforts on getting some of the 300 pound linemen, ok guys?

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Based on the bags of cash I have seen in situations identical to this, I stand by $$$.

the whims of 17 year olds are hard to nail down.  michigan gets plenty of top recruits (this class not included) who i assume were offered oodles of money from other spots.

getting southern boys to leave home and go to michigan or ohio in february takes some enticement.  that enticement is either money or winning.

right now michigan doesnt appear to have either.

better assistant coaches, better midwest talent, and better results on the field next year.

michigan's oline has been trash or subpar for a long time.  maybe they should get a new oline coach?

their interior oline should be good next year, they need to put up or shut up.

they really miscalculated in recruiting this year.  the world is full of 3* dbs with "upside", the world is not full of 300 pound linemen.  lets try to focus our efforts on getting some of the 300 pound linemen, ok guys?

Granted all points are spot on:

The comment was in relation to a linebacker which is a position in which we are stacked at the moment.  Not that Otis Reese didn't have a healthy competition ahead of him at either UGA or UM. 

Unless UM can stockpile at their current strength positions like the $EC teams do, we won't be elite.

14 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the whims of 17 year olds are hard to nail down.  michigan gets plenty of top recruits (this class not included) who i assume were offered oodles of money from other spots.

getting southern boys to leave home and go to michigan or ohio in february takes some enticement.  that enticement is either money or winning.

right now michigan doesnt appear to have either.

No argument that a 17-year-old kid is tough to keep happy.

One of the examples of money coming into play was with an OL who was committed to one of Florida's powerhouses since camping there his sophomore year.  It was his childhood favorite school, his favorite NFL players played there and he was an absolute lock after he ate dinner the night before NSD.

An out-of-state school drops by to see him after dinner, gives him a bag with thousands in cash and tells him there is more coming when he signs.  Does he need the money?  No, his mother is a branch VP at a bank and his father also has a nice career.  

The school he signed with was 15 years removed from an NC, but still a tough SEC team . . .although not one of the big boys.  He moved on from his dream for a bag of cash.

The kid started for a few years at OG, but got hurt his senior year.  He got tryouts, but ended up going to LS.  The school he spurned was completely blindsided, although that school is almost impossible to feel sorry for given their history.

Reese may have been a soft commit, but the way Webb was blindsided really gives me flashbacks to six years ago.

12 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Granted all points are spot on:

The comment was in relation to a linebacker which is a position in which we are stacked at the moment.  Not that Otis Reese didn't have a healthy competition ahead of him at either UGA or UM. 

Unless UM can stockpile at their current strength positions like the $EC teams do, we won't be elite.

the last two classes really stockpiled on defense and at wr.  but not on the oline.

a weak oline will kill your whole offense.  see michigan last season.

but this is also about coaching too.  at some point they have to be able to make these kids better.

the last two classes really stockpiled on defense and at wr.  but not on the oline.

but this is also about coaching too.  at some point they have to be able to make these kids better.

On the heels of a bummer loss in MBB...today sucks.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

No doubt.  At this rate, Michigan will need to get a transfer OT next year as well as this year unless one of the underclassmen really evolves.  Can't count on Newsome every returning.

michigan cancels its series with virginia tech and replaces them with arkansas state.

never tought i'd see the day where michigan football runs from competitive games in order to schedule borderline d-1 teams.  

i grew up with notre dame-miami on the schedule or notre dame-washington, notre-dame colorado...

now we get arkansas state?  

pussies.  shame on michigan.  and no, i dont care if other teams do it.  be better than other teams.

49 minutes ago, Buddha said:

michigan cancels its series with virginia tech and replaces them with arkansas state.

never tought i'd see the day where michigan football runs from competitive games in order to schedule borderline d-1 teams.  

i grew up with notre dame-miami on the schedule or notre dame-washington, notre-dame colorado...

now we get arkansas state?  

pussies.  shame on michigan.  and no, i dont care if other teams do it.  be better than other teams.

Is Virginia tech even good? I don’t know.

4 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Is Virginia tech even good? I don’t know.

yeah theyre ok.

waaaaaaay better than arkansas state.

In the current playoff climate you would have to be an idiot to play Notre Dame, Washington, and Virginia Tech in the same non conference schedule with a 9 game conference schedule, sorry

They'll still have a far tougher schedule that year than pretty much anyone they're competing with

Michigan can’t beat Michigan State and Ohio State. The playoffs are the least of their concerns. 

23 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Michigan can’t beat Michigan State and Ohio State. The playoffs are the least of their concerns. 

Sure they can. 

Do we have any idea when the NCAA is going to make a decision on Shea Patterson?

Anyone else watching the Amazon documentary from last season? I’m about halfway through and am really enjoying it. 

Very interesting to see the behind the scenes to coach decisions and in-game playcalling, especially the offense. Definitely Pep Hamilton with the keys to play calling, but he actually has seemed pretty decent. At least not the incompetent clown he has been made out to be by lots of fans (probably me included). Also Don Brown is amazing. 

On 4/1/2018 at 5:09 AM, djhutch said:

Do we have any idea when the NCAA is going to make a decision on Shea Patterson?

MIss State has officially objected to the transfer. So will take more time to sort out, definitely not a positive development.

4 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

MIss State has officially objected to the transfer. So will take more time to sort out, definitely not a positive development.

LOL - that should do wonders for their future recruiting.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL - that should do wonders for their future recruiting.

Its a necessary step or they basically admit guilt. Its just the process