Jump to content

Deleterious

2017 Michigan Football

Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, mickeyb105 said:

There is no way this collection of outside receivers is worse than the 2008:  Matthews (409 yards), Stonum (176 yards), Hemmingway (41 yards, Savoy (38 yards), Rogers (64 yards) and Babb (45 yards).   

Black (149 yards in 3 games) alone could have approached the production of all these guys with a healthy season this year.  Crawford (99 yards) and DPJ (60 yards), right here and right now, are certainly not a #1 WR (Crawford) and need more time on the field (DPJ).  It is possible Gentry (111 yards, 5 games) slides to the outside given TE depth and his athletic ability.  Collins and Martin have the ability to line up out there this year, but somehow Ways got the reps in the State game.  

Yeah, I meant with Black out then it is worse than 2008's outside receiver core. I still stand by that. I also think Speight/O'Korn are better than Sheridan and Threet so they had worse QB's throwing to them as well. DPJ is going to be amazing, but he's still a year away. Martin and Collins are redshirting and Black is out. Crawford and McDoom are terrible and other than that, they have no one else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Buddha said:

i'd be surprised if a conservative coach like harbaugh starts peters in his first game at penn state on the road at night.

but stranger things have happened.

I agree, but I hope his era is approaching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not convinced that Harbaugh is going to stick with OKorn against penn state. The argument of course is that you don’t want to hand a kid his first start in their toughest game of the year so far. But he’s not going to die. OKorn has shown little ability to run this offense. 

Even if this is going to be a loss, getting peters some in game reps and some film to look at can be worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Michigan is a 10 point dog against PSU. 

Take the over if you're looking for some easy money.  The D will do its job and the O will continue to look like RichRod's first year.

I'll be nice and go with a 20-6 Penn State win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Take the over if you're looking for some easy money.  The D will do its job and the O will continue to look like RichRod's first year.

I'll be nice and go with a 20-6 Penn State win.

Barkley gained 135 yards vs Iowa and Indiana combined. Good luck to him against the #1 defense in the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shelton said:

I’m not convinced that Harbaugh is going to stick with OKorn against penn state. The argument of course is that you don’t want to hand a kid his first start in their toughest game of the year so far. But he’s not going to die. OKorn has shown little ability to run this offense. 

Even if this is going to be a loss, getting peters some in game reps and some film to look at can be worth it. 

Not that Harbaugh was necessarily saving Peters for a crucial game like PSU, but in not playing the redshirt freshman the past few weeks he's given Franklin and Pry very little film to study on Peters since coming to Michigan.  If Harbaugh turns the kid loose it could very well be as scary for us as it will be the defensive staff of Penn State.  

In some ways, bringing Peters in planned but undisclosed (to the media) relief of O'Korn instead of naming him the outright starter would be one of the best wrinkles the Michigan staff could throw at any good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2017 at 12:10 PM, Deleterious said:

Michigan is a 10 point dog against PSU. 

I read PSU is 2-6 against Michigan when ranked in the top ten.

Someone posted this elsewhere earlier - is it true?

Fact: The last time Michigan won an away game against a team that finished with fewer than 5 losses was in 2007 vs Illinois.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Someone posted this elsewhere earlier - is it true?

Fact: The last time Michigan won an away game against a team that finished with fewer than 5 losses was in 2007 vs Illinois.

Yes, it’s true. It doesn’t really say much other than Michigan was bad for Ann extended stretch. 

2008 they went 3-9. 2009 was also bad. 2010 was bad. 2011 was a decent year under hoke but they only had one road game against a good team, MSU, and lost. The only other ranked team they played that year was Nebraska at home and they won big. They also lost at Iowa.

2012 they lost at Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Ohio State. Michigan finished that year 8-5  

2013 Michigan finished 7-6 and lost road games to MSU and Nebraska. 

2014 Michigan was bad and finished 5-7 with losses to Notre Dame, MSU, and Ohio State on the road. 

2015 saw Harbaugh enter and they lost at Utah to open the season and then won every other road game. 

2016 was a good team that lost to Iowa (who finished with five losses) and osu on the road. 

They typically only play four true road games these days, sometimes five. And the big ten has been pretty mediocre so the number of road games that end up being against teams that finished with 4 losses or better is limited. 

It’s basically saying they have lost on the road to osu and MSU a lot lately.

I didn’t look closely enough to see how many actual opportunities there were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 loss team.  

theyre well positioned moving forward in the next few years at every position but offensive line.  that alone may keep them from having a truly great team.

i expect them to contend for the big ten title next year and every year moving forward after that.  but this team just isnt good enough.

all of us except mickey can see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Buddha said:

 

4 loss team

 

Michigan will lose to Maryland, Wisconsin, and get their annual *** kicking by Ohio State to finish the season with 5 losses and an invitation to the Taco Bell Trojan Condoms Banana Bowl presented by Go Daddy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Michigan will lose to Maryland, Wisconsin, and get their annual *** kicking by Ohio State to finish the season with 5 losses and an invitation to the Taco Bell Trojan Condoms Banana Bowl presented by Go Daddy. 

maryland is down to their 4th string qb.  theyll beat maryland.

they have o$u at home so they have a shot.

they lost a ton of good players.  this was very foreseeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

maryland is down to their 4th string qb.  theyll beat maryland.

they have o$u at home so they have a shot.

they lost a ton of good players.  this was very foreseeable.

I’ll give you Maryland, but Meyer will carve Harbaugh’s *** and serve it to him with a side of Hoke’s love handles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 11:26 PM, Euphdude said:

Michigan will lose to Maryland, Wisconsin, and get their annual *** kicking by Ohio State to finish the season with 5 losses and an invitation to the Taco Bell Trojan Condoms Banana Bowl presented by Go Daddy. 

Are you insinuating something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 10:08 PM, Buddha said:

4 loss team.  

theyre well positioned moving forward in the next few years at every position but offensive line.  that alone may keep them from having a truly great team.

i expect them to contend for the big ten title next year and every year moving forward after that.  but this team just isnt good enough.

all of us except mickey can see that.

Not if they keep Pep Hamilton. The dude is awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Mickey to come back so I can ask him if he still thinks Florida and Tennessee are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I want Mickey to come back so I can ask him if he still thinks Florida and Tennessee are good.

i clicked unignore to see if you'd posted something of substance. fool me twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....and just like that, the two B1G oppos we lost to this year both lost today.  Guess that leaves an extremely small outside shot for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I notice that all my friends who are MSU fans can't keep their mouth shut after a win against Michigan. Yet they are all really quiet today. Strange how that works. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sabretooth said:

....and just like that, the two B1G oppos we lost to this year both lost today.  Guess that leaves an extremely small outside shot for us.

msu is going to lose at least twice more this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

msu is going to lose at least twice more this year.

I'm pretty sure that MSU and Michigan are going to end up with the same record. One could still pop out at 9-3, but I'd be shocked if both weren't 8-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...