Deleterious

2017 Michigan Football

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I loved this kid's film coming out of HS--smooth route runner.

But none of it matters if you screw it all up.

2 hours ago, Euphdude said:

The players should get part of that money from Amazon.  Just sayin'.

Those players are getting exposure that money can't buy from being on that series.

13 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Those players are getting exposure that money can't buy from being on that series.

I don’t really agree with the whole “pay the players thing” but I wouldn’t necessarily agree that the exposure from the documentary is all that valuable. 

8 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I don’t really agree with the whole “pay the players thing” but I wouldn’t necessarily agree that the exposure from the documentary is all that valuable. 

I'm not sure what I would do if you agreed with me this week, but OK.

The players had to sign a waiver to participate, so they could have said no if they weren't happy with the situation.  

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I'm not sure what I would do if you agreed with me this week, but OK.

What I mean to say about the series is that the kids that play at Michigan where exposure can have value, they are already effectively maxed out. They play for a big time program that is going to be successful and covered by the standard media outlets. 

I agree in general that exposure has value. I just don’t think this series will substantially move the needle. 

Just now, Shelton said:

What I mean to say about the series is that the kids that play at Michigan where exposure can have value, they are already effectively maxed out. They play for a big time program that is going to be successful and covered by the standard media outlets. 

I agree in general that exposure has value. I just don’t think this series will substantially move the needle. 

I think the kids that play have maxed their exposure out.  Some kids that aren't in the two-deep, or maybe on that fringe, really could get some on-screen exposure that they otherwise would have never received.  

A kid thinking about transferring after the season looks good and acts right on camera for the series, maybe it opens a better door for him to walk through.  Maybe a walk-on who does the same gets an extra look by an employer, or a second-interview for the way he handled himself in a team concept--all captured on camera.

It could also hurt a kid, of course, if they don't act right or get chewed constantly by the coaches for mistakes.

Michigan ranked #17

Michigan State ranked #21. 

Rankings are stupid.   Michigan has no business being ahead of Michigan State and no business in the Top 20.    

This season is a snap shot of Michigan history.   Celebrating all those great championships (before 1950).   This team has always found a way to not get it done. 1997 was fun, but it's a tired bit.   Bo couldn't win the big ones other than Ohio State and Jim is following suit, but without Ohio State wins.    Program is a fraud.  It's Mythigan.      

I think the program is fine. 

They lost a football game a couple days ago, though. I may need to re-think this.

48 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I think the program is fine. 

They lost a football game a couple days ago, though. I may need to re-think this.

The program is fine. Harbaugh has work to do to get it up to Dantonio’s level. 

23 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The program is fine. Harbaugh has work to do to get it up to Dantonio’s level. 

I disagree. I still think Michigan beats MSU this year 7 or 8 out of 10 times. It sucks that they lost, of course. In the end that’s all that matters on saturdays. 

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I disagree. I still think Michigan beats MSU this year 7 or 8 out of 10 times. It sucks that they lost, of course. In the end that’s all that matters on saturdays. 

What makes you think that?   2 out of 10 is not a fluke, it's a trend.     Dantonio OWNS Michigan.     Michigan has almost always had better recruits - but Dantonio turns his into better players.   Mythigan has better talkers.     In the last decade Mythigan is 3-16 vs. their two rivals.   Some legacy.  

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What makes you think that?   2 out of 10 is not a fluke, it's a trend.     Dantonio OWNS Michigan.     Michigan has almost always had better recruits - but Dantonio turns his into better players.   Mythigan has better talkers.     In the last decade Mythigan is 3-16 vs. their two rivals.   Some legacy.  

I don’t think their head to head record over the past decade is all that relevant to determining the state of the program at this moment. 

So, OKorn probably isn’t going to be the answer. The Purdue game was nice, but that definitely seems like an outlier. This team isn’t going to do anything substantial with him under center, so I would be happy to just see what Peters can do in a game. 

Speight had his issues,  but it looks that his injury basically ended any hope for a decent season. 

Does anyone know what's happened to Malzone?   Coming out of HS he was supposed to be the next big thing, now it seems he's been bypassed by Speight, O'Korn, Peters and McCaffery.

55 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Does anyone know what's happened to Malzone?   Coming out of HS he was supposed to be the next big thing, now it seems he's been bypassed by Speight, O'Korn, Peters and McCaffery.

Malzone should have been a 3* coming out of HS, IMO.  Always tough to judge the skill positions in places outside of places with really good fast-twitch talent like CA, TX, FL, AL and GA.

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

So, OKorn probably isn’t going to be the answer. The Purdue game was nice, but that definitely seems like an outlier. This team isn’t going to do anything substantial with him under center, so I would be happy to just see what Peters can do in a game. 

Speight had his issues,  but it looks that his injury basically ended any hope for a decent season. 

It is really hard to judge O'Korn's performance based on playing in a monsoon.

You are right, Michigan State caught almost every break they needed to win on Saturday and they didn't screw up.

Michigan will still win their 9 games pre-bowl. 

Michigan will win 8-9 games but they are in a tier behind OSU and MSU, and will remain so until Harbaugh can infuse some of that QB magic dust he’s supposed to have. 

Are they really a tier behind MSU?

I grant MSU won, but in no way would I consider MSU to be a tier above UM in terms of talent or quality of play the past 3 years.

If you compare records and accomplishments over the past 10 years, I think it’s clear MSU is a tier above UM.

The fact that people still regard UM in a higher tier than MSU gives Dantonio the fuel he uses to get results that could be considered overachieving.