Mr.TaterSalad

2017 NFL Draft Thread

1,185 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

You would save 1 million by cutting Levy, so there is no way I would do that right now.

Right, unless its to protect your future cap by not letting the rest become guaranteed due to injury. 

Seems clear at this point though that he had legitimate injuries which he returned from in a  normal amount of time. That means he is working pretty hard at the game still. I haven't heard the knee surgery rumors Buddha spoke of. 

This Atlanta performance is kind of making me want to say screw the D and just load up our offense lol. 

Atlanta has worked on their d since hiring Quinn

Yeah, drafting a pass rusher who led the league in sacks, and then constantly harassing Wilson yesterday.

But I thought they won the game with a 99-yard TD drive that broke the spirit of the Seattle defense to close the second half.

9 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Atlanta has worked on their d since hiring Quinn

Sure, but the point was that their D was 25th(27th in points) but they're in the conference finals because they have a loaded offense. 

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

Yeah, drafting a pass rusher who led the league in sacks, and then constantly harassing Wilson yesterday.

But I thought they won the game with a 99-yard TD drive that broke the spirit of the Seattle defense to close the second half.

Sure, but no reason Ziggy can't be that guy fwiw. He has been before. 

Its more of a concept than anything though

1.Taco

2. Wormley

3. ****

4. Stribling

5. Chesson

6. Magnuson 6. Glasgow

Perfect draft!

Sure, but no reason Ziggy can't be that guy fwiw. He has been before. 

Its more of a concept than anything though

I hope so. He needs help on the inside of the line, which will be easier to come by at the #21 drafting slot, and/or in free agency, than an edge rusher would be.

Watching the Miami-Pittsburgh game two weeks ago, and seeing Suh crush the pocket and force Big Ben into an INT made me wonder what might have been had Mayhew not mangled our DT situation so badly.

4 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

I hope so. He needs help on the inside of the line, which will be easier to come by at the #21 drafting slot, and/or in free agency, than an edge rusher would be.

Watching the Miami-Pittsburgh game two weeks ago, and seeing Suh crush the pocket and force Big Ben into an INT made me wonder what might have been had Mayhew not mangled our DT situation so badly.

Not having Suh,Donald or Fairley is a damn travesty

I'm getting ready to watch Green Bay and Dallas play. It's much like the election. I don't really want either to win.

I guess I want Green Bay to lose in Atlanta next week. Let the talking heads go on and on about Erin Rodgers all week. It has to be better than all the gushing over "America's Team". But not much better. Go Pittsburgh.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:02 AM, Jason_R said:

Is that rumor about Levy printed anywhere? Last I read was from Quinn's press conference where he said he thought Levy was going to be fully healthy next season.

Heard it on Shep's podcast when he was talking to one of the beat writers.

I don't roll with Levy next year.  Can't play and they don't want that contract guaranteed.  I'd cut him before I would cut Whitehead.  Doesn't matter, they both suck.

Be careful in wishing for Jon Bostic.  He was terrible in Chicago.

Lions need so much on defense and still need a wide receiver on offense.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:46 AM, Nastradamus said:

1.Taco

2. Wormley

3. ****

4. Stribling

5. Chesson

6. Magnuson 6. Glasgow

Perfect draft!

You'd pass on Jourdan Lewis?

6 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You'd pass on Jourdan Lewis?

didnt fit haha

2 people like this

Honestly, I would take Lewis if he's there in round three but not before.  He's too small and not fast enough.  I'm not sure he's an NFL corner.

Of the Michigan guys, I like Jake in round two if his knee is alright.  Taco, Peppers, and Charlton as late first early second picks.  Wormley too.  Glasgow and Lewis in round three.  Darboah might be a fifth or sixth rounder.  Stribling in the fourth.  Magnusen as a sixth or seventh rounder.

His knee isn't alright.  He's got an acl.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

to  be accurate, he has had a new one since the 10th.

12 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Its 2017 homey. He's fine

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

Honestly, I would take Lewis if he's there in round three but not before.  He's too small and not fast enough.  I'm not sure he's an NFL corner.

Of the Michigan guys, I like Jake in round two if his knee is alright.  Taco, Peppers, and Charlton as late first early second picks.  Wormley too.  Glasgow and Lewis in round three.  Darboah might be a fifth or sixth rounder.  Stribling in the fourth.  Magnusen as a sixth or seventh rounder.

Sounds about right. Little high on Glasgow maybe, but maybe not. I've seen Taco as high as 13 in mocks/rankings so far. Interesting. Curious how he works out. I want Wormley badly here. 

Wormley is just a guy in the NFL, Taco is a pro bowler. That's my opinion on them. Lewis will be good but not great, Stribling will probably be better than him, Peppers and **** are mysteries due to position/health. I like Glasgow as a mid round type. Chesson/Darboh/Magnuson/anyone else are UDFA level

34 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Wormley is just a guy in the NFL, Taco is a pro bowler. That's my opinion on them. Lewis will be good but not great, Stribling will probably be better than him, Peppers and **** are mysteries due to position/health. I like Glasgow as a mid round type. Chesson/Darboh/Magnuson/anyone else are UDFA level

I definitely think Wormley is more than just a guy. He gets a lot of pressure on the QB and can play the run. He also can play all over the line. Quinn loves guys who are "multiple"

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

I definitely think Wormley is more than just a guy. He gets a lot of pressure on the QB and can play the run. He also can play all over the line. Quinn loves guys who are "multiple"

I don't mean "just a guy" as a huge slight, I think he'll be a good run defender who gets a little pressure, perfectly solid rotation piece. I just don't think he has the potential to be an elite pass rusher like Taco

Just now, pyrotigers said:

I don't mean "just a guy" as a huge slight, I think he'll be a good run defender who gets a little pressure, perfectly solid rotation piece. I just don't think he has the potential to be an elite pass rusher like Taco

Ok. Makes sense. I still may think he has more upside than you, but elite pass rusher he is not and Taco does have that potential. 

The important thing is to recognize both have pro bowl caliber names.

Doesn't mean they will reach that level, but their respective names won't hold them back.