Mr.TaterSalad

2017 NFL Draft Thread

283 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Yah, I'm not saying pull out all the stops and go get him, but I do think he's a top 10 TE and he both blocks and catches. That's a damn tough commodity to find. I never heard of any effort issues from him

Chicago cut him because he quit trying and was a distraction.

He's like brandon marshall.  On a one year deal, he's great.  Anything more than that and he starts mouthing off and making everyone miserable.

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

Chicago cut him because he quit trying and was a distraction.

He's like brandon marshall.  On a one year deal, he's great.  Anything more than that and he starts mouthing off and making everyone miserable.

To be fair he was traded. 

Love the NFL Draft Game... it's sort of bogus with all the overreaching trade offers (which I gladly accept...), but it's still fun.

Talk about loading up on D:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (PITT): Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple (B+)
Round 2 Pick 21: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5 (LAR): Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: Fabian Moreau, CB/FS, UCLA (B)
Round 3 Pick 30 (PITT): Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU (B-)
Round 4 Pick 2 (S.F.): Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (LAR): Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois (B+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Jamaal Williams, RB, Brigham Young (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech (A+)

Notably missing is a blocking/outlet pass TE or any other O-Line help.

Re-sign Reiff & Warford and add a blocking TE in FA I say...

On 2/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, cruzer1 said:

They can get linemen in the middle rounds.  They need linebacking help too.  They also need help on offense.  I hope they can resign at least one of their ol, since this isn't a great draft for ol.  I'd love for them to take a TE in the middle rounds, and a RB.  This is too good of a RB/TE draft for them to not participate.  I would also love a WR with speed.  My guy (Corey Davis) should be long gone by the time the Lions pick.

I agree. TE and RB in the middle rounds would be ideal. I love the TE class and we need one. That should free up the first two rounds for pass rushers or O-line help.

Its almost like the Lions are going to be forced to overpay for Reiff. I hope no team views him as a LT but I worry a desperate team will. There are teams Reiff would have started at LT for last year.

Solid read on our MLB situation and possible draft solutions

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-how-lions-can-upgrade-their-linebacker-corps-via-the-draft/

TL;DR version, Whitehead let up 9 passing TDs and a 98 rating and Jayon Brown from UCLA is a potential solution in the 3rd or so due to his great coverage grade. Cunningham has the physical tools to be good in coverage, but hasn't been good at it thus far. 

On 2/20/2017 at 0:06 AM, Nastradamus said:

Solid read on our MLB situation and possible draft solutions

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-how-lions-can-upgrade-their-linebacker-corps-via-the-draft/

TL;DR version, Whitehead let up 9 passing TDs and a 98 rating and Jayon Brown from UCLA is a potential solution in the 3rd or so due to his great coverage grade. Cunningham has the physical tools to be good in coverage, but hasn't been good at it thus far. 

Whitehead is not player who should be starting at MLB for a NFL team.