Shinma

1/1/17. Packers at Lions. 8:30pm NBC. Week 17, Sunday Night.

563 posts in this topic

So they're in even if they lose tonight, but backing in despite a 3-game losing streak is cool with me. The way I look at it, they're getting rewarded for all their earlier wins.

This is fun. What a surprising season

1 person likes this

Granted I don't want to go play in Seattle, but it's nice to know that this isn't going to be the last game of the season.  I can be a little more relaxed watching this one even though I desperately want them to win!

Yeah I would love the division title, but I won't be mad if they lose. I'd rather play Seattle. 

Whats more amazing?  That the lions havent won the division in 23 years or that THIS is the team that might do it?

35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I want them to have to win to be in.    I want them to have that pressure.   They can beat Green Bay at home, they have in the past.   I want them to face that pressure with everything on the line - plus knocking Green Bay out of the playoffs which would be a great bonus.   If they can win with it all on the line tonight, then can face the pressure and win a home playoff game against Green Bay or Washington next week.     But they'll be in,  I just hope they don't stumble in at 9-7.   Seattle will pound them in Seattle. 

Dumb. It doesn't matter what order they win the games in. 

18 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Did you miss the last 60 years? 

The last 60 years have nothing to do with this year.  It' s a fact.

How are lions fans being picky?  Youre in the playoffs, enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

How are lions fans being picky?  Youre in the playoffs, enjoy it.

Of course they are, just like they have been picky with their method of winning all season.  We are in, this is awesome. 

This will be the Lions 3rd trip to the playoffs in 6 seasons,  I think we deserve the right to be picky now.  It's not like 2011 where after a dozen years of futility you were just happy to be there..  

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

This will be the Lions 3rd trip to the playoffs in 6 seasons,  I think we deserve the right to be picky now.  It's not like 2011 where after a dozen years of futility you were just happy to be there..  

With THIS team?  Come on randy.  Just be happy.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don' think any fan base should be picky with playoffs in 3 of 6 years.  Especially the team this year, that has talent lacking all across the roster. 

11 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

The last 60 years have nothing to do with this year.  It' s a fact.

coachspeak

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

With THIS team?  Come on randy.  Just be happy.

Oh I'm happy but I also want more than just the playoffs.  Yes this team is extremely flawed but aside from Dallas nobody in the NFC has really looked that great this year, so this could be the year they go on a run if they get the right matchups.  I mean the 2 seed is 11-5, the Lions were the 6th seed with that same record two seasons ago, so if they can get a home playoff game they can maybe win a game or two in the playoffs. 

And who knows if something happens with Dallas dare I say maybe make it to the Super Bowl.  Of course with that to happen they're gonna need to have atleast 1 home game which is why I want this game so badly.   Even though I'm happy with the playoffs I don't want to be content with them because with the parity in the NFC I feel that they could do something if things go right despite having a flawed team. 

2 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

coachspeak

No.  Just a fact.  Last weeks lottery numbers don't effect this weeks lottery numbers.  Only in the eyes of the fan does this ideology exist. 

3 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

No.  Just a fact.  Last weeks lottery numbers don't effect this weeks lottery numbers.  Only in the eyes of the fan does this ideology exist. 

That is. But, to say the last 60 years "have nothing to do with this year" is not. Players might focus more, might tighten up, etc might not because of it. 

To say previous results do not dictate upcoming results, in a vacuum,, is a fact. To say the last 60 years have nothing to do with is not a fact. It is coachspeak trying to downplay an element of emotion which always plays are part in life. 

17 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Of course they are, just like they have been picky with their method of winning all season.  We are in, this is awesome. 

QFT.  This is awesome and no Lions fan should think differently.   Would be it more awesome if they won their first division title in 23 years by beating the apparently invincible Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely, but it will still be awesome even if they lose because being in the playoffs and having a chance, no matter how small, to get to the Super Bowl is awesome.

16 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Yep.

I will also like to say that it has been awesome playing two meaningful prime time games to end the season. 

27 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Dumb. It doesn't matter what order they win the games in. 

Yes

I think Nevin Lawson forgot where he went to school for a second there...................and you better make a big play after calling yourself Big Play Slay.