Shinma

1/1/17. Packers at Lions. 8:30pm NBC. Week 17, Sunday Night.

563 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I actually want Washington to win.   I don't want the Lions losing three straight and then going on the road to get whooped.     I want it to mean everything tonight.  Win and In,  if they can't beat Green Bay tonight, they don't deserve the playoffs. 

This is ridiculous.  

8 minutes ago, number20 said:

Already? It's way too early for your clickbait

Your entire post was exactly that.  

Just now, T&P_Fan said:

This is ridiculous.  

I want them to have to win to be in.    I want them to have that pressure.   They can beat Green Bay at home, they have in the past.   I want them to face that pressure with everything on the line - plus knocking Green Bay out of the playoffs which would be a great bonus.   If they can win with it all on the line tonight, then can face the pressure and win a home playoff game against Green Bay or Washington next week.     But they'll be in,  I just hope they don't stumble in at 9-7.   Seattle will pound them in Seattle. 

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Game isn't over yet.

Nope.  But the odds are in our favor.  

What an awful return by the redskins!!  Waste 10 seconds.  6 secs left and the skins are inside their own 10

lions would lose this game if they were the giants! lol

Pretty pumped thanks cousins!  Obviously want to win tonight but its nice to have a backup plan.

Game over!!! 

Lions have just clinched a playoff spot.  Jim Caldwell baby. 

Wow, finisheds with a NYG touchdown................

Well, congrats Lions.    Better win tonight anyway...............

Now do we root for Seattle to lose?  If they lose, the Lions-Packers play each other again next week. 

giants cap it with a TD and we are in the playoffs!!!!!!

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Sorry MCS, Lions are in!

I want them in - as a Division Champion........

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Pointless if they are just going to lose.  I want to see a step forward.   That's running in place.    Wild Card losses are a bore.    Keep in mind that the Lions are not a good team, they are an average team that through hard work has made a couple breaks for themselves, against some weak teams.   The only "good" team they have beaten is Washington - who is about to lose and barely be over .500.    Going on the road to face a good team,  they'll get beaten badly.  

Why presume the Lions would lose the wild card game?

Looks like Seattle just won so it's Giants at Lions or Lions at Seahawks next week.  I like that better than playing Rodgers for a second straight week.

Whoo hoo!  Backing into the playoffs!  **** yeah!

Who cares how you get there, just get there.

Seahawks win

The Lions are either the 4th seed to host NYG, or the 6th seed to play in Seattle.

I just want them to TAKE it - not just get in.   TAKE it from the Packers.   Just go out there and slap them down.   Do what they did to them on Thanksgiving 3 years ago.    I feel that they could lose a little edge if they already know they are in and in the age of cellphones there is no way the team would not find out. 

Hey, Chip Kelly's available !

12 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Your entire post was exactly that.  

Now you're trolling. I'm on to you man

Altho still very important, tonight's game just got a whole lot easier to watch. Need to win for the division and to avoid going to Seattle. Ideally we win the next two, GB beats Seattle, and we go to the Atlantadome for the 2nd round. That's a lot to happen but that'd be the best scenario.

I want them in - as a Division Champion........

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Lions will not rest their starters and forfeit the NFC North just because of the Skins loss today. We can still cheer for the Lions to win tonight.

Chip Kelly is now getting paychecks from 2 teams he no longer works for.   He's more brilliant than I thought.     Plus he's going to get a boatload of money from a college team in a year -  maybe Florida,  maybe Miami, maybe UCLA.   Dude will get 3 paychecks for a year 

Three positive points if the Lions forced to play in Seattle. a. I will be there in person; b. Seahawks are vulnerable, have had iffy games recently and almost lost to putrid SF even with a bye potentially on the line today and c. I will be there in person.

Ford Field is going to be very loud tonight and it will be a major factor in this game. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Why presume the Lions would lose the wild card game?

Did you miss the last 60 years?