Shinma

1/1/17. Packers at Lions. 8:30pm NBC. Week 17, Sunday Night.

563 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, number20 said:

CheeseHoles, the rematch. My sad predictions:

• Ford Field will have an embarrassingly large number of Packer fans on national TV
  • 3 of Green Bay's 5 touchdowns will come from Nelson torching the secondary on post routes
  • Ebron will drop at least one critical pass right in his hands
  • Rodgers will have all day to pick his spots against the league's 29th-ranked pass rush
  • There will be plenty of PI and holding calls on the Lions because NFL's Golden Boy will whine and cry about it to the referees
  • Rodgers will continue his 2nd year of playing up a fake leg injury to the cameras in his quest to become a bigger diva than Farve
  • The national media will have already anointed the Packers NFCN champs before the game
  • With no Riddick, I expect to see: Lions run on 1st down no gain, run on 2nd down for 2 yards, 3rd down pass short of the sticks, punt....  at least 5 times
  • There will be 2 obviously bad calls against the Lions that help the Packers win. Caldwell shrugs his shoulders on both  ¯\_()_/¯
  • Roberts will do something boneheaded again (he's overdue)
  • Levy gets injured again (he's overdue)
  • Packers must reach the postseason. NFL will do what they can during the game to protect merchandise and TV revenues

What is this nonsense?

2 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Assuming the Skins win, if the Lions and Packers are tied after 60, shouldn't they just play for the tie?

No. It's much easier to win at home in the playoffs, not to mention knocking out a rival. 

Giants now even trying now.  Up 10-3.  Only running the ball.  No pride from their players.  

4 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Red Wings tie it up with .4 left.

Babcock has to be the worst coach in GR league when a team has the lead.  That it 4 times this season the leafs have had 4-1 or 4-0 lead and every time it has ended in OT. 

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Things are falling apart in Washington.

Take it to the political thread!

So if the Redskins tie the Giants today, that still gets the Lions in, right?

I actually want Washington to win.   I don't want the Lions losing three straight and then going on the road to get whooped.     I want it to mean everything tonight.  Win and In,  if they can't beat Green Bay tonight, they don't deserve the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

So if the Redskins tie the Giants today, that still gets the Lions in, right?

yes washinton would have 8 wins

I want a playoff home game or no playoffs at all.   What's the point in going on the road to lose..........it's like the Wings being the 7th or 8th seed and getting knocked out in the first round..........waste of time.

Can we just make Jim Caldwell the Head Coach Monday through Saturday and let someone else be the Sideline Head Coach? 

48 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

What is this nonsense?

Already? It's way too early for your clickbait

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I actually want Washington to win.   I don't want the Lions losing three straight and then going on the road to get whooped.     I want it to mean everything tonight.  Win and In,  if they can't beat Green Bay tonight, they don't deserve the playoffs. 

That's ridiculous.  You want the Lions to clinch a playoff spot.  Who gives a crap about deserves or not.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

That's ridiculous.  You want the Lions to clinch a playoff spot.  Who gives a crap about deserves or not.

I've seen the going on the road for a Wild Card and losing.  That's not a success anymore.  It was the first time they made the playoffs in over a decade, but it isn't now.   Success is getting a division and a home playoff game - which would be very winnable. 

Wings goalie fell apart in the 3rd. 7 shots 4 goals and the OT goal. Any rate go giants. 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I've seen the going on the road for a Wild Card and losing.  That's not a success anymore.  It was the first time they made the playoffs in over a decade, but it isn't now.   Success is getting a division and a home playoff game - which would be very winnable. 

Being in the playoffs is better than not being in the playoffs.  A small chance of winning a playoff game is better than zero chance of winning a playoff game.

2 people like this

Lions 2 minutes from a playoff spot. But a lot of time for Skins to do something. Keep in mind they have a shaky kicker.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Being in the playoffs is better than not being in the playoffs.  A small chance of winning a playoff game is better than zero chance of winning a playoff game.

Pointless if they are just going to lose.  I want to see a step forward.   That's running in place.    Wild Card losses are a bore.    Keep in mind that the Lions are not a good team, they are an average team that through hard work has made a couple breaks for themselves, against some weak teams.   The only "good" team they have beaten is Washington - who is about to lose and barely be over .500.    Going on the road to face a good team,  they'll get beaten badly.  

Cousins with an interception. Giants ball with less than 90 secs. Skins with 2 timeouts.  That should do it. 

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Pointless if they are just going to lose.  I want to see a step forward.   That's running in place.    Wild Card losses are a bore. 

Whatever floats your boat man lol.  It's the NFL, you just want to be in the dance to have a chance.  Tonight's game just became a lot less stressful.

GIANTS INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interception! Woo-hoo. 2 timeouts but Giants barring a penalty or stupid incomplete pass should be able to run clock down to under 20 seconds.