Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shinma

Pettigrew to be released

12 posts in this topic

Feel bad for the guy. Hope he heals up and lands somewhere.

PettiWHO?

You almost forget that he was a very productive player the first few seasons of his career then he turned into a blocking tight end for some reason then the injuries and poof, career disappeared.

Pettigrew had a decent career with the Lions, and made a ton of money.  Good luck to him in future endeavors.

Best of luck to Pettigrew in the future. I hope his body is able to heal up and that he can enjoy life on his terms, whether that means playing football again or not.

The Pettigrew pick will go down as one of my least favorite draft picks of all time, Ebron or Charles Rogers win the top prize. I remember being truly flabbergasted by the selection of a Tight End in the 1st round in a team so devoid of talent at key positions all over the field. I had been upset with other high round picks made by the Lions (Terry Fair, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams) but the Pettigrew one, in a post Millen era really left me in amazement. It was the first of many bad picks using Mayhew's BPA strategy. Though, it isn't as if some of the guys I wanted to pick there at #20 back in '09 would have been light years better: Michael Oher (bust), Peria Jerry (bust), Rey Mauluga (would have rather had over Pettigrew), Alex Mack  (would have rather had over Pettigrew), Jarius Byrd (would have rather had than Pettigrew), Louis Delmas (about even with Pettigrew).

I'm really sad to see the 'powerful blocking tight end' who sucked as a blocker go. Hope the Lions can recover (the guy they got for nothing on the roster right now is a better blocker than Pettigrew ever was, what a stupid extension)

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Best of luck to Pettigrew in the future. I hope his body is able to heal up and that he can enjoy life on his terms, whether that means playing football again or not.

The Pettigrew pick will go down as one of my least favorite draft picks of all time, Ebron or Charles Rogers win the top prize. I remember being truly flabbergasted by the selection of a Tight End in the 1st round in a team so devoid of talent at key positions all over the field. I had been upset with other high round picks made by the Lions (Terry Fair, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams) but the Pettigrew one, in a post Millen era really left me in amazement. It was the first of many bad picks using Mayhew's BPA strategy. Though, it isn't as if some of the guys I wanted to pick there at #20 back in '09 would have been light years better: Michael Oher (bust), Peria Jerry (bust), Rey Mauluga (would have rather had over Pettigrew), Alex Mack  (would have rather had over Pettigrew), Jarius Byrd (would have rather had than Pettigrew), Louis Delmas (about even with Pettigrew).

I hated the Pettigrew pick because it was a waste of a 1st rounder given all of the other needs the Lions had at the time.  Generally speaking, picking a TE in the 1st round is a waste of a high draft pick IMO.

I'll take a guy with Pettigrew's career at pick 26 any day of the week. 

Time to move on though. Clear's 3 or 4 mil next year I believe. We are loaded with cap space even if we pay Ziggy and Warford. 

On 12/8/2016 at 1:30 PM, Nastradamus said:

I made up the pick number, I fully admit it. Sue me lol

Bigglesworth v nastradamus, wayne county case no 16 BS 2026.

1 person likes this