RedRamage

0-16 Watch

The Browns on the verge of the second 0-16 season in NFL history.  They sit at 0-12 right now, and here is their remaining schedule:

• Hosting the 4-7-1 Bengals
  • At the 6-6 Bills
  • Hosting the 5-7 Chargers
  • At the 7-5 Steelers

It helps that they are facing mostly mediocre teams (until the finale) but it's still very possible they could lose all 4.

So two questions:

1. Do you think the Browns will lose out and become the second 0-16 team?

2. Do you want them to lose out or do you want the Lions to be the only 0-16 teams in NFL history?

Personally, I'm not 100% on #1... I tend to think they'll find a way to squeak out a win against the Bengals or maybe the Chargers.  But I'd love it if they lost out.  I don't want the Lions to be the only team to have gone 0-16.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The Browns are horrible, but even if they only have a 25% chance to win any of the remaining games they only have a 30% of losing all 4 remaining games.

See, that's what I'm thinking: They just need to run into a bad/mediocre Bengals or Bills or Chargers that are having an off day.  You KNOW the players don't want to be part of an 0-16 team so if they smell blood in the water that will surely motivate them.

I'm in Ohio, but not a Browns fan.  I hope they never win another game - ever.  It might be tough to live in my house though, since the Boss IS a Browns fan.

19 hours ago, screwball said:

I'm in Ohio, but not a Browns fan.  I hope they never win another game - ever.  It might be tough to live in my house though, since the Boss IS a Browns fan.

I'm not a huge Browns fan.  I really only started following them during the season before they relocated to Baltimore.  Then followed them again with the reincarnation of the team.  But this ownership group is the absolute pits.  I packaged my hat and couple of shirts and sweatshirts with the old clothes that went to the thrift shop a couple of months ago.  The most excitement I get out of that team is when I have to try to explain to the father in law about the television coverage around NW Ohio when the Browns are on a FOX broadcast at the same time as the Lions.  I'll never get him to understand that the Browns games are not always covered by FOX (or CBS) in every corner of the globe, especially in markets that are closer to Detroit than Cleveland.

I don't watch much of the NFL at all anymore to be honest.  I didn't pay much attention to the past couple of Super Bowls.  Have not watched more than a few minutes of game action this season.  Probably only caught parts or 5 or 6 games last season.  But I hear enough chatter indirectly about it that I kind of know what has been going.

I am kind of interested to see if DePodesta can apply his baseball chops to football.  I don't know that it translates well from one to another, but I think its an interesting experiment.

Its funny.  This team is going to go 0-16 and will have a much easier time selling tickets than the baseball team that just went to the World Series.  Only on the banks of Cuyahoga.

I'm about half way between Toledo and Cleveland so right smack dab in the middle of Browns country. I've been a Steelers fan since 1969 (because of Chuck Noll, a Brown - oh, the irony).  The rivalry between the two used to be really intense - until Cleveland up and moved to Baltimore.  As a Steelers fan, I hated that because it ruined that rivalry.  When they finally did come back as the Browns, it was never really the same.  Funny, now I can't stand the Ratbirds more than the Browns.  I kind of feel sorry for them now (kind of).  Art Modell sold them out as far as I'm concerned, and if he wouldn't have meddled they might have been even better in their glory years (they even had Belichick at one point).

But the fans.  Same fans as the Indians.  Around here they drove me nuts to the point I couldn't stand them. Arrogant loudmouths all. I was rewarded by the Steelers of the 70s who smoked their whiny butts.

The Boss is still a fan, and on Browns/Steeler Sunday's it's not fun in the house. :-)

At least she is a Tigers fan and a rabid one at that.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

I'm not a huge Browns fan.  I really only started following them during the season before they relocated to Baltimore.  Then followed them again with the reincarnation of the team.  But this ownership group is the absolute pits.  I packaged my hat and couple of shirts and sweatshirts with the old clothes that went to the thrift shop a couple of months ago.  The most excitement I get out of that team is when I have to try to explain to the father in law about the television coverage around NW Ohio when the Browns are on a FOX broadcast at the same time as the Lions.  I'll never get him to understand that the Browns games are not always covered by FOX (or CBS) in every corner of the globe, especially in markets that are closer to Detroit than Cleveland.

I don't watch much of the NFL at all anymore to be honest.  I didn't pay much attention to the past couple of Super Bowls.  Have not watched more than a few minutes of game action this season.  Probably only caught parts or 5 or 6 games last season.  But I hear enough chatter indirectly about it that I kind of know what has been going.

I am kind of interested to see if DePodesta can apply his baseball chops to football.  I don't know that it translates well from one to another, but I think its an interesting experiment.

Its funny.  This team is going to go 0-16 and will have a much easier time selling tickets than the baseball team that just went to the World Series.  Only on the banks of Cuyahoga.

Very curious how the DePodesta thing plays out. I have a lot of faith in it personally. 

I just happened to look on NFL's site to see what the rest of their schedule was for the year and noticed their entry for "Net Points."

-168!

25 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I just happened to look on NFL's site to see what the rest of their schedule was for the year and noticed their entry for "Net Points."

-168!

The other teams are defending them like they're Ted Williams. 

24 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

2008's team was outscored by 240+

I wondered how bad they were but was too lazy to look it up. :)

5 hours ago, screwball said:

The Clowns had Johnny Football - what more ya want?   J/K

Hard to believe that didn't work out so well, eh?

21 hours ago, Yoda said:

The other teams are defending them like they're Ted Williams. 

Lest I be remiss, I need to acknowledge this greatness.

They have San Diego (5-9 @ home ~6 pt underdogs as of now) and Pittsburgh (9-5 away) left to play.

Their best bet might be Pittsburgh with a playoff clinch and resting the starters.