RedRamage

Race for the NFC North Title

480 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Secret truce to not try and score?

I think they would kill each other to win the division.

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

There are four games that matter to the lions. I think for importance they are ranked like this:

giants over washington

lions over GB

NO over falcons

niners over Seahawks 

if Giants beat Washington, then we really want both of the last two or none of the last two. The reason being that if one of the last two happens, lions or pack would be the 3 seed, with the loser being the 6 seed. I don't want to face the packers in the first round regardless of home/away. If both of the last two happen, then the lions would be the 2 seed with a win. If none of the last two happen, the lions would be the 4 seed with a win. 

How is their own game not the most important? Win and they are in and get a home playoff division and their first division crown since 1993. Everything else falls by the wayside. 

13 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

How is their own game not the most important? Win and they are in and get a home playoff division and their first division crown since 1993. Everything else falls by the wayside. 

I was looking at it from the perspective of simply making the playoffs, and I think it's more likely that the Giants beat the redskins than the lions beat the packers. Plus, that game happens first, so it could turn out that the lions packers game is for seed purposes only, so that knocked it down a notch.

But I don't necessarily disagree with you, either. The upside of winning their own game is higher if you ignore all other results.

basically, it was just an off the cuff listing and the Washington game happening before the lions game had me out it first. 

14 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I think they would kill each other to win the division.

lol

I almost want Washington to win so that Green Bay is eliminated if we win. If it turns out that a loss means we face GB at lambeau I think I would prefer to not even make it. 

However, the only way the packers get the 3 seed is if SF beats SEA.