thefunk

2016-17 Michigan Basketball GDT

I don't know how much the Oregon D had to do with our offense, but we did way too much standing around.  Never really got in a rhythm & it bit us in the end.  Still it was a fun run!

Heartbreaking loss. 

It was an amazing run. Hard to expect to win three straight in such dramatic fashion but it was right there. 

It would be easy to point to the missed layup by DJ but that wouldn't be fair. We had a chance at the end and it was a good look from our best player. If Oregon doesn't miss the front end of the 1-1 we don't get the chance we had. 

This turned out to be a fun team to follow. They got a banner and a sweet 16 appearance and that's not something anyone expected a couple months ago. 

Any loss by 1 is going to be tough, but they sure missed a lot of shots that they've been making for the past two months. If Wagner isn't totally off in the first half they're probably up 5-10 points down the stretch. But then, he carried the team the game before. And then within the same game, Zak Irvin steps up and has probably his best game of the season, only to fail to box out twice in the last minute. Rough way to go out.

13 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Any loss by 1 is going to be tough, but they sure missed a lot of shots that they've been making for the past two months. If Wagner isn't totally off in the first half they're probably up 5-10 points down the stretch. But then, he carried the team the game before. And then within the same game, Zak Irvin steps up and has probably his best game of the season, only to fail to box out twice in the last minute. Rough way to go out.

Watching Irvin run under the backboard on the late putback by Oregon was a bummer. Couldn't understand what he was thinking. 

We could point to a lot of missed chances but I'm guessing Oregon could do the same. 

I really thought we were going to win during those final minutes. 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Watching Irvin run under the backboard on the late putback by Oregon was a bummer. Couldn't understand what he was thinking. 

We could point to a lot of missed chances but I'm guessing Oregon could do the same. 

I really thought we were going to win during those final minutes. 

That rebound on the missed FT was the biggest play.

Both teams couldn't really shoot very well, so I can't say we were the better team either.

At any rate, Kansas looks like a monster. E8 would have been nice, but I don't feel like this tough loss got in the way of anything more than that.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Steve Fisher retired earlier this week.

I've never known how to feel about Fischer, but it is probably close to how I feel about Ronnie's last two years as POTUS. 

He won a ring with Frieder's players, because someone had to.  Bill sure couldn't seal the deal with some really good teams.

But it sure seemed like he let the inmates run the asylum.