Sign in to follow this  
mickeyb105

Indiana (5-5) at #5 Michigan (9-1)

Indiana Hoosiers (5-5)   vs     #2 Michigan Wolverines (9-1)

MichiganLogo_zps5c5c8e42.png

Article-6-(Michigan-Stadium).jpg

Live From Michigan Stadium

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Saturday, November 14, 2016 at 3:30pm

outback1304

Outback Bowl, JAN 1, 2013

A couple pics I took in Orlando last year to get us started off . . .

Peppers warming up catching passes and fielding punts with one hand

cbowl05116 - Copy

Smith running at will behind the OL's best performance of the season

cbowl04116 - Copycbowl33116

Harbaugh appears to be about the only one optimistic of Speight being able to play against OSU, or even Indiana.

O'Korn, who has passed for almost 4200 yards, 36 TD and 18 INT in his college career (125 career QB Rating) will likely make his first start in a few years on Saturday against the Hoosiers. 

The Houston transfer played high school ball with last year's transfer miracle, Jake Rudock, at national football powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas.

Of note, O'Korn carried a 4.2 GPA in high school so there is a good chance that he has the mental tools to manage a game the way Harbaugh wants.

It is likely that we'll see O'Korn get out of the pocket more than Speight has this season, and O'Korn has been a strong thrower on the run in the past.  Comparing him to Morris as an athlete is likely fair, and O'Korn may be quicker but not top-end faster than Shane.

Uhh...Indiana's main problem this season is their defense. The Michigan offense has been lifeless the past two weeks.  

This blows. It never feels like Michigan is running on all cylinders at year end. 

16 minutes ago, Shelton said:

No dropoff from speight to okorn no sir

They are sitting on all the underneath routes.  

Harbaough is going to **** around and lose to Indiana at home.

Where's Peppers, McDoom, and Chesson on offense. Get some speed to the edges. There is absolutely no pass game today. 

Poggi is terrible, rarely blocks per assignment.

Smith came through big today, it is hard to tackle a guy that runs that hard/strong in cold/snowy weather for four quarters.

O'Korn needs to play better next week, but it was tough to evaluate anyone's throwing today.  He allows himself to be flushed from the pocket at the first sign of trouble next week, though, and OSU will own him.

Michigan receivers made exactly one play all game.  Got lots of hands on balls only to not come down with the catch.  But again, tough to evaluate much today besides effort.  

I think that the last two weeks Michigan may have held some plays back to not show Ohio State everything.  It burned them last week, but Harbaugh knew that was more important than a possible loss at Iowa that would not hurt them.   That Wildcat is going to have some interesting twists next week................

Not sure O'Korn is starting next week.    I think Wilton might be back.  

Tough to really judge a passing game with today's weather.   A lot of Indiana's completions were not not good throws.     They probably won't have that kind of weather next week. 

I am guessing OSU opens as a 5.5 point favorite. 

Wilton is a tough kid, but It is tough to see a CFB HC starting a QB with a broken collarbone in this day and age of safety protocols.

5.5 to sounds right to start, should be a lot of action on that game through the week.

I was at the game, Speight actually warmed up a little beforehand. O'Korn looked bad but it was extremely cold and windy. The Indiana QB underthrew a pass so badly that Stribling leapt thinking interception and it dropped 5 yards in front of him. Indiana's only real big passing play happened solely because Dymonte Thomas fell down. So, confidence in O'Korn definitely reduced, but tough to judge him.

Defense and Special Teams were great, and Smith just went ham in the 2nd half and won the game.

10 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

I was at the game, Speight actually warmed up a little beforehand. O'Korn looked bad but it was extremely cold and windy. The Indiana QB underthrew a pass so badly that Stribling leapt thinking interception and it dropped 5 yards in front of him. Indiana's only real big passing play happened solely because Dymonte Thomas fell down. So, confidence in O'Korn definitely reduced, but tough to judge him.

Defense and Special Teams were great, and Smith just went ham in the 2nd half and won the game.

To the bolded, it was hard to tell on TV how bad the wind was until that play.  I replayed it a few times with my dad because it was the most cartoonish occurrences we've seen in a college game in some time.

Thomas made some great plays up until that play he fell down.

It looked like the refs were letting them play a little bit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing the week before OSU.

12 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

To the bolded, it was hard to tell on TV how bad the wind was until that play.  I replayed it a few times with my dad because it was the most cartoonish occurrences we've seen in a college game in some time.

Thomas made some great plays up until that play he fell down.

It looked like the refs were letting them play a little bit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing the week before OSU.

Definitely. In the stadium people were not very happy with the play before Indiana's touchdown being blown dead when Michigan was going to return the fumble for a touchdown. Also as usual the Big 10 doesn't call holding other than bailing us out with the 1 holding I've seen called on an o-linemen in the past 100 games or so.

The wind was interesting, it seemed to be blowing very hard at times and then it would let up a little, but strongly into the end zone from which most of the passing was coming out of. O'Korn's one really good throw (the near TD to Darboh) was with the wind behind him

OSU is beatable, but even with the bad weather yesterday as an excuse. O'korn looked awful.  He reminded me of Tate Forcier.  Make one read, then panic if it's not there.  No progressions.  Not much of a playbook will be available as shown yesterday.  So I dont know if Speight really broke his collarbone or not, hopefully he can play or they little to no shot.   Bummer to have a season come down to this game and to have the qb situation put a damper on it. 

So do we hope for good weather or bad weather for Saturday? Good weather if Speight is somehow healthy, bad weather if forced to play O'Korn?

If Michigan beats OSU I think that would secure them a spot in the Playoffs even if they lost the B1G title game.  I mean that would make it 4 wins over top 10 teams, even with 2 losses I don't think there would be 4 teams that would have a stronger resume than that. 

I just don't see that happening. It's possible but I think it's very unlikely.

10-2 Michigan

11-2 Wisconsin conference champ

12-1 Washington conference champ

10-2 Oklahoma conference champ

I think we would end up seeing:

1 Bama

2 Clemson

3 Wisconsin

4 Washington

5 Oklahoma

6 Michigan

7 Ohio state

Of course, things could get easier for Michigan if Washington and Oklahoma lose a game.

It is so hard to think of Wisconsin as a playoff team.  One of their signiture wins just got tarnished a little with LSU losing to UF at home.  I know it could happen, but it seems wrong that they could go to the CFB playoff with a few breaks.