chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

All the Dems and their voters care about is identity politics and culture wars.

Also, Trump is right... Get those sonsa bitches off the field! Screw the Warriors! /s

13 hours ago, Edman85 said:

If you were truly conservative, you would know, or at least think, that the President doesn't control the stock market.

He will know and think that once the market corrects.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

He will know and think that once the market corrects.

I do know that. I also know that good policy can drive markets.

Incidentally, you can make plenty of money in down markets too. 

3 hours ago, stanpapi said:

I do know that. I also know that good policy can drive markets.

Incidentally, you can make plenty of money in down markets too. 

And you can lose money in good markets when you pull out because you are afraid a liberal President will tank the market.  

26 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

And you can lose money in good markets when you pull out because you are afraid a liberal President will tank the market.  

I haven't been out of the market in decades. I just prefer presidents who actually try to grow the economy. 

Baseball also speaking out against Trump:

John P Angelos‏ @JohnPAngelos  4h4 hours ago

Anti-american & anti-citizen abuse of its power should be repudiated, protested, and legally opposed on every front.

Just now, tiger337 said:

LOL, Thanks for using such an unbiased source.  

The numbers are what they are. The RNC is crushing the DNC in fundraising and registrations are way up....you buy a stock when this sort of thing happens. 

5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The numbers are what they are. The RNC is crushing the DNC in fundraising and registrations are way up....you buy a stock when this sort of thing happens. 

The numbers are what your right wing sources want them to be.  Besides, I don't give a **** about the RNC or DNC.  

Just now, tiger337 said:

The numbers are what your right wing sources want them to be.  Besides, I don't give a **** about the RNC or DNC.  

This kind of comment is precisely why it's so amusing to watch democrats still be stunned over losing elections....

13 hours ago, mtutiger said:

All the Dems and their voters care about is identity politics and culture wars.

Also, Trump is right... Get those sonsa bitches off the field! Screw the Warriors! /s

So you think the tigers should have fired Chet Lemon and Lou Whitaker back in the day? 

They never came out for the anthem since both were jehovah's witnesses, they stayed in the dugout the whole time. That was like 20+ years ago.. and no one every mentions them doing it. 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/08/29/lou-whitaker-chet-lemon-anthem/89530302/

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

This kind of comment is precisely why it's so amusing to watch democrats still be stunned over losing elections....

I'm neither a democrat nor a republican.  Unlike you, I don't need a committee telling me who to vote for or how to think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bugmanson said:

So you think the tigers should have fired Chet Lemon and Lou Whitaker back in the day? 

They never came out for the anthem since both were jehovah's witnesses, they stayed in the dugout the whole time. That was like 20+ years ago.. and no one every mentions them doing it. 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/08/29/lou-whitaker-chet-lemon-anthem/89530302/

Nope, my post was meant as sarcasm. I'm in favor of any American who chooses to exercise their free speech rights lawfully, including not standing for the anthem

Just now, mtutiger said:

Nope, my post was meant as sarcasm. I'm in favor of any American who chooses to exercise their free speech rights lawfully, including not standing for the anthem

I just think the whole issue is dumb.. people have not been standing for the anthem for years, players skip the white house all the time.. why all of a sudden its a big deal... seems its just more fuel to the fire... divide and conquer is all i see happening.. and its working

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Voter Registration #s =/= Votes

I should add that the article states that both parties have lost registration numbers. This is likely because less Americans actually register with parties than in years past. This is especially true with millennials

Nonetheless, the article drew some conclusions that I don't think are based in reality. And it also ignored that all these states have independent voters who will often cast ballots leaning toward one party over another.

3 minutes ago, bugmanson said:

I just think the whole issue is dumb.. people have not been standing for the anthem for years, players skip the white house all the time.. why all of a sudden its a big deal... seems its just more fuel to the fire... divide and conquer is all i see happening.. and its working

Yes, the people who really own the country are likely laughing all the way to the bank as the peons have their race and class wars.  

1 minute ago, bugmanson said:

I agree completely.

7 minutes ago, bugmanson said:

It is best to leave politics out of your job. If someone pushes their views- political or otherwise- in a job setting to the degree that it causes a distraction from the mission of their employer, they shouldn't be surprised to not have a job in their industry. He had every right to do what he did, but I'm tired of hearing how horrible it is that no one will sign him. He's responsible for his choices. There are tens of millions of people who do not share his view.

Lemon and Whitaker sat for religious reasons and didn't make themselves a distraction to the team or disrespect their country. They didn't take a knee and turn their back like it was a shameful place to be. Kaepernick was a complete distraction and openly sided with the views of what should be labeled a domestic terrorist group (BLM). So he shouldn't be surprised that no one will hire him.

I'm fine with our president saying that people should respect their flag and their country, no matter if you agree with everything that goes on in it or not. Because none of us will ever agree with everything that happens in this country. That doesn't change the fact that you're a ball player who is damn lucky to be making millions of dollars playing a game in a place that generations of people died to protect. 

12 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I'm fine with our president saying that people should respect their flag and their country, no matter if you agree with everything that goes on in it or not. Because none of us will ever agree with everything that happens in this country. That doesn't change the fact that you're a ball player who is damn lucky to be making millions of dollars playing a game in a place that generations of people died to protect. 

Your President was damn lucky to be born into wealth.  That likely helped him dodge the draft so he could avoid the possibility of combat.  Had he actually served, he could have been a real hero rather than a fake patriot who cares only about drawing attention to himself.