chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

3 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

IMG_0451.JPG

I love it when Marxists preach about genocide and murder.  How many people have you guys killed?  100 million in the 20th Century alone.  Nazi's are terrible, but good luck preaching to people about murdering political opposition. Marxists are the worst. 

7 minutes ago, ballmich said:

I love it when Marxists preach about genocide and murder.  How many people have you guys killed?  100 million in the 20th Century alone.  Nazi's are terrible, but good luck preaching to people about murdering political opposition. Marxists are the worst. 

Yeah, Martin Luther King was a genocidal maniac 

Go ahead. Defend Nazis...

Each day, the stench of moral decay and acceptance of beliefs and behaviors that my father and probably yours  (or your grandfather) fought against in WWII are making a mockery of their sacrifice.  

Shame on all of you.

Each day, the stench of moral decay and acceptance of beliefs and behaviors that my father and probably yours  (or your grandfather) fought against in WWII are making a mockery of their sacrifice.  

Shame on all of you.

I don't see anyone defending Nazi's.  I will, however, defend against your Marxist putsch until my dying breath. 

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I see we still don't understand the definition of "Marxist" 

How about the part where he blames genocide on MTS posters? Super classy.

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I see we still don't understand the definition of "Marxist" 

Well it's clear that you don't at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ballmich said:

Well it's clear that you don't at least.

Trump is clearly a Marxist because he thinks the negros will support him if their economic conditions improve. 

15 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Yeah, Martin Luther King was a genocidal maniac 

Not far off from what people thought of him when he was alive. 

4 minutes ago, ballmich said:

I don't see anyone defending Nazi's.  I will, however, defend against your Marxist putsch until my dying breath. 

Are you calling me a Marxist. Is that what to do here right now? 

Is it?  Make your choice right now.

Just now, 313DetroitCity said:

Not far off from what people thought of him when he was alive. 

including many in the FBI who looked the other way when he was assassinated. 

yeah, pull all the scabs today.

Saw this on one of my FB friends' feed. A great reminder of how these Confederate monuments came to be.

THE MONUMENTS ARE JIM CROW MONUMENTS AND HAVE AS MUCH LEGITIMACY AS "WHITES ONLY" SIGNS.

The statues and monuments in Charlottesville and in almost very other Southern town have been incorrectly identified as Civil War or Confederate monuments and part of the history of the Civil War and therefore worthy of saving. That nomenclature is a way of whitewashing them in an effort to legitimize them.

The monuments are Jim Crow monuments, planned and built under Jim Crow rule for the same reasons Jim Crow laws were enacted in the first place: to create fear and intimidation in order to support white supremacy, segregation and racism. These statues are as much part of Jim Crow as the "whites only" that peppered every city, town and hamlet of the old South.

These monuments, as did the signs, told Blacks that although Constitutional amendments may have set them free and declared them citizens, they would forever remain politically, economically, socially and legally second class. The statues were built and funded by the taxes of white AND black people, and without any input from their formerly slave neighbors or their progeny.

In fact, they were built to remind local blacks that they were to remain subjugated to whites, within a Jim Crow existence. The statues were explicit symbols of white power with the purpose of maintaining an environment based on fear. They reminded blacks that the Civil War may have ended, but "the Cause" was not dead.

Our current generation of White Supremacists understand this. It's why these monuments are so dear to them. It's why the statues are their rallying points. Their demonstrations to save the monuments have little to do with honoring their Confederate ancestors and everything to do with preserving overt, visible symbols of white power.

Those statues have as much place in our public space as the "whites only" signs. Both belong in museums where they can be explained in their own historical context

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

including many in the FBI who looked the other way when he was assassinated. 

yeah, pull all the scabs today.

You can only pull at a scab that was healed. I'm just showing the open wound. 

12 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Shame on all of you.

You are a valor thief.  The actions of your parents or grandparents doesn't justify your belief system.  The WWII generation were not a bunch of Marxists.

• Like 1

Are you calling me a Marxist. Is that what to do here right now? 

Is it?  Make your choice right now.

People are what they are, I'm not mincing words to make people feel better.  People who have exposed their Marxists beliefs, are in fact Marxists. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Saw this on one of my FB friends' feed. A great reminder of how these Confederate monuments came to be.

THE MONUMENTS ARE JIM CROW MONUMENTS AND HAVE AS MUCH LEGITIMACY AS "WHITES ONLY" SIGNS.

The statues and monuments in Charlottesville and in almost very other Southern town have been incorrectly identified as Civil War or Confederate monuments and part of the history of the Civil War and therefor worthy of saving. That nomenclature is a way of whitewashing them to try to legitimizing them.

The monument are Jim Crow monuments, planned and built under Jim Crow for the same reasons Jim Crow laws were enacted: to create fear and intimidation in order to support white supremacy, segregation and racism. These statues are as much part of Jim Crow as the "whites only" that peppered every city, town and hamlet of the old South.

These monuments, as did the signs, told Blacks that although the Constitutional amendments may have set them free and declared them citizens, they would forever remain politically, economically, legally, and socially second class. The statues were built and funded by the taxes of white AND black people, and without any input from their formerly slave neighbors or their progeny.

In fact, they were built to remind local blacks that they were to remain subjugated to whites, within a Jim Crow existence. The statues were explicit symbols of white power with the purpose of maintaining an environment based on fear. They reminded blacks that the Civil War may have ended, but "the Cause" was not dead.

Our current generation of White Supremacists understand this. It's why these monuments are so dear to them. It's why the statues are their rallying points. Their demonstrations to save the monuments have little to do with honoring their Confederate ancestors and everything to do with preserving overt, visible symbols of white power.

Those statues have as much place in our public space as the "whites only" signs. Both belong in museums where they can be explained in their own historical context

my very sweet co-worker from the hills of TN tried to express to me today her pain about this very issue.  She discussed how she had been taught a very specific and different thing in K-12 than what she learned in a northern University.  Those symbols still have a lot of power over her. 

[Shrug]  I'm going to be thankful my people were living in Rotherhithe, London during the Civil War, Reconstruction and Jim Crowe.