chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

I can see Richard Nixon's ghost saying that Jared Kushner represents the cowardice of the Eastern Establishment.

When your heroes are Mitch McConnell and Mike Pence, you might think that Jared Kushner is woke.  

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

"No more of Jared's woke s***."

Looks like no more Mister Nice Guy for Trump, who's been trying to appease the soft-hearted sensibilities of liberals by working within the political establishment the way he's been doing for the past 3½ years. He's going to take off the kid gloves, be himself, and finally get tough with people.

Or something like that.

well, whatever. It seems pretty clear to me that a campaign still re-arranging top people 4 months before a national election has got some serious chaos going on.

Michael Glassner, the man who organizes President Trump's rallies, has been "reassigned," and Trump's 2016 Arizona chair Jeff DeWit will join the campaign as chief operating officer to oversee the final stretch to election day, three sources familiar with the situation tell Axios.

Driving the news: Jared Kushner engineered these moves.

Per RCP: RightTrack/WrongTrack numbers at -42%. Almost 7% worse than any previous point in the Trump presidency.

This new book looks like a lot of rehashing what we already know. The man child is still looking for his father’s approval. Deep scars...

Mary Trump basically painting a picture of an ignorant man with serious mental health problems.  Who could have guessed that?  

LOL he paid someone to take his SAT so he could get into Wharton.  

I notice Axios specifically mentioned Kushner's criminal reform as a complaint about Kushner from Trump.  Would love to know if that's based on Trump specifically pointing out criminal reform or if Axios just pointed to that as an example of some of the things Trump could be upset about.   

Ironically, the criminal reform work he has done has been some of the only positive things to come out of this administration and Trump is willing to throw that all away and go all "Law and Order" just because some inner feeling has him believing it's a winning formula.  Just unreal.

51 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I notice Axios specifically mentioned Kushner's criminal reform as a complaint about Kushner from Trump.  Would love to know if that's based on Trump specifically pointing out criminal reform or if Axios just pointed to that as an example of some of the things Trump could be upset about.   

Ironically, the criminal reform work he has done has been some of the only positive things to come out of this administration and Trump is willing to throw that all away and go all "Law and Order" just because some inner feeling has him believing it's a winning formula.  Just unreal.

What are some of the criminal reform initiatives coming out do the Trump administration?

5 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I'd have been shocked if that weren't the case.

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Mary Trump basically painting a picture of an ignorant man with serious mental health problems.  Who could have guessed that?  

Fordham.  He needed to get into Fordham to transfer to Penn/Wharton.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'd have be shocked if that weren't the case.

yeah, I won't be shocked at anything negative I read about him.  It's funny seeing my assumptions verified though.  I just ordered the book.  I have been avoiding most of the books, but given her background and given that she's a relative, this one interests me.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

yeah, I won't be shocked at anything negative I read about him.  It's funny seeing my assumptions verified though.  I just ordered the book.  I have been avoiding most of the books, but given her background and given that she's a relative, this one interests me.

You sort of knew that he cheated to get in, and you sort of know that his degree, if he has one, was also not earned.

My buddy sent me some exerpts and like a bunch of people in the country who watched Hamilton I started to hear them in hip hop sing song as if sung by Leslie Odoms Jr. and LMM while a chorus of Trump fans sang the opposite position hip-hop style. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

My buddy sent me some exerpts and like a bunch of people in the country who watched Hamilton I started to hear them in hip hop sing song as if sung by Leslie Odoms Jr. and LMM while a chorus of Trump fans sang the opposite position hip-hop style. 

I don’t get the appeal of either Hamilton or Trump fans.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I don’t get the appeal of either Hamilton or Trump fans.  

It was interesting and fun and the music is catchy.  Good patriotic fare.

Trump on the other hand is anti-democratic and corrupt.

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

I would love to see the King George part sung Trump style, just for grins.....

11 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I would love to see the King George part sung Trump style, just for grins.....

I could see that

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

What are some of the criminal reform initiatives coming out do the Trump administration?

First Step Act.   Mind you, this was done in 2018, before there was much mainstream talk of reform outside of 'why are so many people incarcerated'.  

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2020/justice-reform-biden-trump-candidate-policy-positions/

Another thing. On this board I got a lot of crap for saying I didn't much care what Trump said, I was interested in his actions.  Time has proven me wrong on Trump, but in this specific issue, he not only took action (argue how effective it was all you want), but he publicly talked the talk as well.  The much publicized hoopla with Kanye/Kim has all been about drug/prison reform.  Not sure about the first SotU, but in his last two he's had a drug dealing women that received clemency and an ex-felon that was helping youth or something like that.  

5 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

You sort of knew that he cheated to get in, and you sort of know that his degree, if he has one, was also not earned.

Cut him some slack, he had bone spurs after all. Painful, them bone spurs

1 minute ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Something tells me he would fail a 5th grade fraction test

The tests are known to be bigger.  Some of them are up to 200 feet high.

• Haha 1