chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

2 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

BILLIONAIRE Donald Trump has asked the UK Government to bail out his golf courses in Scotland as they struggle to cope with the economic chaos of the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18400160.trump-asks-ministers-aid-scottish-golf-courses/

Well, that's only to pay wages.

And, anyway, there's some better news:

Donald Trump 'lost $1bn in a month' from coronavirus lockdown

8 minutes ago, Blue Square Thing said:

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Mind you, you could live here.

Ha ha, beautiful.  Newfoundland has a couple of cool names for towns - *****, and Come By Chance.  EDIT - gee, the censor caught me off guard there.  It starts with a "D" and ends with "ildo".

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

So, how much is Trump in debt now?  

Well from what I was reading earlier, according to Forbes, Trump that cockwomble used to be worth 3 billion but now it's 2 billion, because of assumed valuations of real estate properties during the pandemic..  I don't believe it because there's no way that Forbes has any insights into his debts.  There's no way that he has net worth of 2 billion.  Net assets maybe, but not net worth.  I'd bet that in terms of net worth he is under water right now.  He has lower net assets than every single participant on this forum. 

I will be really curious to see how this all shakes out some day and if anyone from Deutschebank actually goes to prison over the Trump loans...either in the USA or in Germany.  I don't know the first thing about banking regulations in Germany but I do know that it was in Germany that Siemens, the most disgracefully corrupt organization in the history of the universe (Google Siemens and Ravensbruck, and then Google Siemens and bribery scandal) finally got caught up in their international bribery activities.  They should have been banned from operating in the USA according to your Foreign Corrupt Policies Act, but they weren't.  They were too big an employer.

There is absolutely no way that Trump has net assets of 2 billion.  No way, not even close.

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Ha ha, beautiful.  Newfoundland has a couple of cool names for towns - *****, and Come By Chance.  EDIT - gee, the censor caught me off guard there.  It starts with a "D" and ends with "ildo".

Shartlesville, PA

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Literally attended a wedding in Shartlesville five or so years ago, IIRC.... lovely country

Dutch Country in PA is the capital of weird town names; Shartlesville, Intercourse, etc.

Droop, West Virginia sounds fun as well.

Other than *that* place in Austria, this one is also a proper good 'un.

599px-The_Shitterton_Sign.jpg

They replaced the metal road signs with the darned great rock because people kept on stealing them.

Just a reminder that we have an actual white supremacist in the White House shaping and writing policy. 

Apparently today is Melania's 50th birthday and Trump is rage tweeting. Probably realized he couldn't trade her for a newer model. 

45 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Trump didn't write that tweet.  

30 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Apparently today is Melania's 50th birthday and Trump is rage tweeting. Probably realized he couldn't trade her for a newer model. 

He can buy one in November if he loses.  

5 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Trump didn't write that tweet.  

Yeah it sounds like it was written by a 17 year old and not a 9 year old. 

MSNBC report that so far White House has been playing stupid about something that is the law

Officials from agencies involved in transition planning said they will follow the law and start the process with Biden on schedule.

The White House, however, declined to comment on whether officials in the West Wing who are responsible for coordinating with Biden's team have plans to do so by the May 3 deadline.

Impeach

What's the big deal about transition?  You wouldn't even bother to speak to anyone in the current administration.

34 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

What's the big deal about transition?  You wouldn't even bother to speak to anyone in the current administration.

Our PM doesn't run the government departments.   Its run by an elected king.  the elected king has the departments filled with flunkies of dubious social value.

9 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Our PM doesn't run the government departments.   Its run by an elected king.  the elected king has the departments filled with flunkies of dubious social value.

If they are filled at all.