chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

He should make a move on Ted Cruz's wife.... better still, ask Ted first.  He'll say yes.

31 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Not the onion

When does the mooch come back

11 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

When does the mooch come back

I think mooch prolly isn't welcome, IDK if you've seen but he's basically as anti-Trump as George Conway on Twitter nowadays.

Remember when the GOP was spooked over Bill Clinton's travel office guy?  Livingstone is the name I'm thinking of....

11 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Anybody buying it?

of course not

this is just a fake fight like you see on that sh|tty tv show with the failed businessman who raped at least one of his wives

I think it was called The Apprentice

On 2/11/2020 at 9:07 PM, pfife said:

"clearly seems" like I'm going with the FEC chairman on this one chief no offense

On 2/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, pfife said:

https://www.fec.gov/regulations/110-20/2019-annual-110#110-20-a

§ 110.20 Prohibition on contributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements by foreign nationals (52 U.S.C. 30121, 36 U.S.C. 510).

FEC Chair:

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/4/20898491/trump-foreign-solicitation-ukraine-china-fec-ellen-weintraub

Others:

https://campaignlegal.org/update/yes-president-trump-violated-campaign-finance-law-asking-ukraine-favor

Then, I ask you ... why was this specific criminal violation not included in an article of impeachment.   Why soft pedal it with the "abuse of power" -- which pretty much all presidents have done, or "obstruction of justice" which would have gutted Executive Privilege?  

45 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Not holding my breadth 

I have zero confidence in his sincerity.  

We are at the stage we knew three years ago we'd get to: when all the adults have been run out of the room and have all been replaced by the sycophant stooges.

2 hours ago, shabba4detroit said:

Then, I ask you ... why was this specific criminal violation not included in an article of impeachment.   Why soft pedal it with the "abuse of power" -- which pretty much all presidents have done, or "obstruction of justice" which would have gutted Executive Privilege?  

for one thing, the House was pretty clear that they did not want to create a precedent that only statue violations were impeachable. The House impeached him for his behavior wrt the HOR - in not dispersing appropriated funds and contempt of Congress' investigatory powers.  They did not want go down the rat hole of turning an impeachment -  where the standard of evidence is inherently political, into a 'beyond reasonable doubt' criminal trial. And you have to admit that they succeeded brilliantly.  NO-ONE disputed the weight of the evidence presented and you didn't hear one Senator attempt to defend Trump based on 'beyond reasonable doubt', which they all would have if the House had gone the criminal route.

Given the reality that he was never going to be removed anyway - leveraging the proceeding to the House's choice of standard of evidence was as big a win as was available. Everyone has agreed he did it and the GOP Senate has declared that they just gave him a pass anyway. That is a completely different and better result for the Dems than would have been achieved by an acquittal in a criminal style prosecution of a statute violation.

I don't know if Pelosi plays chess, but she has shown a lot more skill at multidimensional thinking  than I would have given her credit for 3 years ago.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shabba4detroit said:

it was in paragraph 2 of article 1

Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pfife said:

it was in paragraph 2 of article 1

He's doing it in reverse in real time with New York.  Cancel your investigations and I'll drop the specific administrative punishment I've imposed on your citizens. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pfife said:

So that means a bunch of republicans won’t take the real census because they figured they already did?