chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

7 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Going further back in the GOP, look at the Iran-Contra scandal. Great respect to rule of law and order there...

How dare you call out Reagan.

For a party that's all about conspiracy, don't hear much talk about how all those  hostages are released the day Reagan took office and it turns out the US is funneling weapons to Iran.

Trump removing environmental protections for streams, wetlands

In a victory for fossil fuel producers and real estate developers, the Trump administration on Thursday will remove an Obama-era regulation that protected 60 percent of the country's waterways. Under President Trump's new rule, landowners will be able to dump pollutants, including fertilizers and pesticides, into waterways and destroy wetlands for construction projects, The New York Times reported Wednesday. Trump called the regulation — which he likely encountered as a real estate developer and golf course owner — "horrible" and "destructive," and repealed it in September. The Trump administration has eliminated or weakened dozens of environmental regulations and laws, including those that protect endangered species and combat pollution. [The New York Times]

• Sad 1

D.C. sues Trump's inaugural committee for 'exorbitant' spending at Trump hotel

Washington, D.C.'s attorney general filed a lawsuit against President Trump's inaugural committee on Wednesday, seeking to recover $1 million in nonprofit funds it spent at Trump's own hotel. "An independent investigation by my office has revealed that the Inaugural Committee made exorbitant and unlawful payments to the Trump hotel to rent event space for inaugural activity," Attorney General Karl Racine, a Democrat, told reporters. "This came as a result of coordination between Inaugural Committee Deputy Chairman Rick Gates, Trump International Hotel Management, and members of the Trump family." Kimberly Benza, a spokeswoman for Trump Hotels, dismissed the lawsuit as "intentionally misleading and riddled with inaccuracies," saying the inaugural committee paid "what anyone else would have been charged for an unprecedented event of this enormous magnitude." [The Hill]

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

How dare you call out Reagan.

For a party that's all about conspiracy, don't hear much talk about how all those  hostages are released the day Reagan took office and it turns out the US is funneling weapons to Iran.

Not unlike Nixon sabotaging the Paris Peace Talks so the Democrats would not get credit for ending the war in Vietnam.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Not unlike Nixon sabotaging the Paris Peace Talks so the Democrats would not get credit for ending the war in Vietnam.

and LBJ knowing about it because he was illegally spying on Nixon and Humphrey's) campaign...

I wish I could find right now the transcript of their call on that subject... each one dancing around it.  Nixon knew LBJ knew and LBJ knew that Nixon knew...

that was back when illegal spying would have been a big deal.

1 hour ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Holy **** this man is dumb. 

Not only is he not play eight-dimensional chess, he's not even playing one-dimensional checkers. He's playing rock-paper-scissors, and everyone knows he always chooses rock.

• Haha 1

It’s going to take a long long time to clean up his messes. Can you imagine what he will do as a lame duck?

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Not only is he not play eight-dimensional chess, he's not even playing one-dimensional checkers. He's playing rock-paper-scissors, and everyone knows he always chooses rock.

No one told him he’s not supposed to EAT the chess pieces. 

8 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

No one told him he’s not supposed to EAT the chess pieces. 

they look like the hamburglar in his chess set

Keep in mind though that the British royal family is as useless as tits on a bull and that all of them are, genetically, as dumb as a bag of rocks.  Was that Davos?  Brit taxpayers just paid for a private jet for that semi-moron to fly there.  It's true that the rest of the world views Pence and the rest of your government with utter contempt, but I wouldn't worry about what Charles thinks.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

How do knights and bishops move in 1D chess?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Donald "Dumb as a ******* rock" Trump.

9 hours ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Holy **** this man is dumb. 

I'm sort of torn - is this even more ******* stupid than not knowing the difference between Baltic and Balkan?  I don't think so, I think Baltic/Balkan is still the pinnacle of his geopolitical mastery.

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I'm sort of torn - is this even more ******* stupid than not knowing the difference between Baltic and Balkan?  I don't think so, I think Baltic/Balkan is still the pinnacle of his geopolitical mastery.

I would humbly present this exhibit as example of the pinnacle of his geopolitical mastery

20190904-trump-map-sharpie-ap-773.jpg

9 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

This is what happens when you have a guy who has no intellectual curiosity, equally stupid people in his orbit and no background in understanding geopolitics outside of leasing his name for international hotels. 

42 minutes ago, pfife said:

I would humbly present this exhibit as example of the pinnacle of his geopolitical mastery

20190904-trump-map-sharpie-ap-773.jpg

We need separate categories.  Your submission is perhaps the most hilariously stupid thing that he has done.  It's stupid, it's just really ******* stupid.  But it might come up just a bit short in the category of geopolitics.

Just now, Charles Liston said:

We need separate categories.  Your submission is perhaps the most hilariously stupid thing that he has done.  It's stupid, it's just really ******* stupid.  But it might come up just a bit short in the category of geopolitics.

True, he's like the 5 tool player of stupid as ****

It's too bad we don't have Letterman to do "Top Ten stupid things Trump has done......this week"