chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

So the Commander in Chief doesn't care about those soldier injuries?

17 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

if Obama said this, chapter 10,000,000

Sounds a little more serious than bone spurs to me.  

11 minutes ago, pfife said:

So the Commander in Chief doesn't care about those soldier injuries?

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump views soldiers as chumps. And the more support people in the armed forces give to Trump, the more he thinks this.

• Like 1

I’m  kind of infuriated that he’s referring to these injuries as “headaches”. He is absolutely despicable, and I fear for every member of the military with this man as commander-in-chief. 

Cannon fodder.  That’s what he thinks of you, your family, your service.

ugh

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

His supporters believe concussions are injuries only wimps complain about.

Overlap with NFL fans who complain the game is too soft (while they comfortably sit at home and haven't done anything physical since 10th grade). 

It is often amusing to me that the loudest most critical parent at most of my sons' games (independent of sport) look like they haven't attempted anything athletic in 20 years, if ever.

5 minutes ago, shabba4detroit said:

OK.   But I'm nowhere near as interesting as I used to be.

Since you're not posting as much anymore, I don't know if you're a Trump supporter, but in my humble opinion, this board would be much better if there was an intellectually honest Trump supporter arguing here.   I know from wars of the past that you're intellectually honest, so welcome back.

If you are a trump supporter, it's going to be a 1:Many fight on your hands, and I apologize.

On 1/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, Oblong said:

No....  it's also not normal for a POTUS to talk that way in front of the military, especially in uniform... but he thinks they are "his generals" so it has that fascist feel about it.

Then that should be the criticism.  He sounds like a fascist.   Not some lack of applauding that shouldn't have occurred.    I am equally weary of both Trump and his base and the people who throw every nonsensical bit of feces to the wall in the hope that something sticks.    There's so much **** all over the place, who even cares if some stayed on the wall at this point.    Worst case scenario, Trump is gone on 1/20/25.    But rage-induced ****-flinging as a political tool is just gettin' warmed up.      Even worse, impeachment as a means to an end --  deciding a president needs to be impeached and then subsequently focusing on the finding of a high crime or misdemeanor that will let you to do it -- is a greater threat to our country than that Game Show Host could ever be.      

And I know y'all have a list of all the horrible things Trump has done that makes him impeachment-worthy.    But you need to ask yourselves why none of those reasons can be found in those weak-*** impeachment articles.

11 minutes ago, pfife said:

Since you're not posting as much anymore, I don't know if you're a Trump supporter, but in my humble opinion, this board would be much better if there was an intellectually honest Trump supporter arguing here.   I know from wars of the past that you're intellectually honest, so welcome back.

If you are a trump supporter, it's going to be a 1:Many fight on your hands, and I apologize.

Not a Trump supporter.   But I am more disgusted at the people who blindly attack the character of people who are Trump supporters, as if the only reason you could vote for him is that you are a Racist, Sexist, Homophobe who wants to be a Nazi.   And I am more disgusted by the Fourth Estate that has cast aside any sort of impartiality to rassle in the mud with the Cheeto-in-Chief.   And I am most disgusted and disappointed by all these professional career politicians who, with all their experience and skill, are getting shucked and jived by this New York City embodiment of Flem Snopes because they can't get past the fact that he won.   I mean, Kim Kardashian has done a better job of manipulating the President to get something done than the entire Democratic party has.    (What could have been a Second Era of Good Feeling was ruined by the vanity of the collective Beltway, who after three years hadn't figured out that all they had to do was make Trump think it was his idea, and they could have him eating out of the palm of their hands.

I know the following is not a perfect analogy, but I think the overarching point stands:

If my son were acting out in class and was enough of a disruption that the class wasn't getting through all of the course material they needed to get through, I would not accept the explanation / excuse that it was due, in part, his classmates not complementing him enough to motivate better behavior out of him, nor would I attempt to find blame in the adult(s) in charge for holding him accountable unless they objectively were acting irresponsibly.

But that is just me. I'd like to think most people would think likewise.

I'm done beating the dead horse.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I also struggle with the idea that the problem with the Trump presidency has been the Democrats inability to control him.

That made no sense to me either.  That just sounds like a Republican who always has to blame everything on the Democrats.  

3 hours ago, shabba4detroit said:

Then that should be the criticism.  He sounds like a fascist.   Not some lack of applauding that shouldn't have occurred.    I am equally weary of both Trump and his base and the people who throw every nonsensical bit of feces to the wall in the hope that something sticks.    There's so much **** all over the place, who even cares if some stayed on the wall at this point.    Worst case scenario, Trump is gone on 1/20/25.    But rage-induced ****-flinging as a political tool is just gettin' warmed up.      Even worse, impeachment as a means to an end --  deciding a president needs to be impeached and then subsequently focusing on the finding of a high crime or misdemeanor that will let you to do it -- is a greater threat to our country than that Game Show Host could ever be.      

And I know y'all have a list of all the horrible things Trump has done that makes him impeachment-worthy.    But you need to ask yourselves why none of those reasons can be found in those weak-*** impeachment articles.

Why do I need to ask why none of the reasons made it into the articles, when the biggest one made it into the articles?  This is the first sentence of the second paragraph of Article 1:

Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/10/us/politics/articles-impeachment-document-pdf.html

I hear people say there's no crime in the articles - it's right there, 1st sentence of paragraph 2 of Article 1.   Furthermore, that this happened isn't even in dispute - the WH released a memorandum of the call saying he did it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

Why do I need to ask why none of the reasons made it into the articles, when the biggest one made it into the articles?  This is the first sentence of the second paragraph of Article 1:

Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/10/us/politics/articles-impeachment-document-pdf.html

I hear people say there's no crime in the articles - it's right there, 1st sentence of paragraph 2 of Article 1.   Furthermore, that this happened isn't even in dispute - the WH released a memorandum of the call saying he did it.

And the second one is just as clear. Oversight, investigation and research into all topics in the legislative and oversight domains is the express responsibility and obligation of Congress. For the Executive to thwart that role is a direct attack on separation of powers and and under any reasonable reading, the Constitution itself. I don't know what can be any more a crime against the Constitution than attempting quite directly to undermine it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

That made no sense to me either.  That just sounds like a Republican who always has to blame everything on the Democrats.  

Lack of accountability, honesty and self-responsibility.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I also struggle with the idea that the problem with the Trump presidency has been the Democrats inability to control him.

I obviously don't think it's a problem caused by the Democrats, but the notion that the Democrats missed an opportunity to work with him in that way may be legitimate.  However, for the last 11 years, we've been in a politics where the president gets no wins from the opposition party.