chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I wouldn't characterize it as cheering but I'm not particularly heartbroken Imus died.

yup- -I have no idea nor  care what Imus' take on Trump was. Imus was a jerk long  before Trump appeared on the scene. His count belongs to his kind,  Stern, Rushbo, other wastes of good spectrum etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last half page is a nice reminder that the gears of the Trump train are lubricated by grievance.

Seriously, who even knows whether Don Imus was a Trump supporter? Better yet, who cares? A lot of folks don't care for him not because of any possible political allegiances but because he had a whole career of saying provocative stuff that was offensive to wide groups of people.

Either way, regardless of who, if anybody, he supported, I dont think anyone is cheering his death... unless ambivalence is suddenly now a synonym for cheering.

9 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I remember you cheering Sanders' heart attack.  

And getting excited every time RBG is hospitalized

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yup- -I have no idea nor  care what Imus' take on Trump was. Imus was a jerk long  before Trump appeared on the scene. His count belongs to his kind,  Stern, Rushbo, other wastes of good spectrum etc.

When I listened to his show he was all over the map politically. Championed Clinton in the early 90s.  Around the time of the Rutgers thing he turned hateful about everything

Trump is making so much money off the presidency, he may be a real billionaire by the time he's done.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Looks like the author of "Triggered" was *checks notes* triggered by this episode.

It's worth reminding ourselves here that it is actually Eric who is the dumb one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

It's worth reminding ourselves here that it is actually Eric who is the dumb one.

And yet he makes millions of dollars a year and you probably don't. I'm sure he would get a giggle at you calling him dumb with his cash flow statement in hand. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'd rather be smart.

And ethical.

And a good person.

But that's me.

Good for you. That's a great thing to aspire to. 

Of course, It's also good to be all those things and rich too. 

As someone who is north of 95th percentile for income and net worth, I can assure you having wealth is pretty insignificant relative several other things.

Money/wealth is a tool, nothing more.  When I hear people using money as either a scoreboard or justification for personal failings, well, it only illustrates to me a poor set of priorities.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'd rather be smart.

And ethical.

And a good person.

But that's me.

Have any of the recent Presidents been people who you would classify as ethical...??

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

As someone who is north of 95th percentile for income and net worth, I can assure you having wealth is pretty insignificant relative several other things.

Money/wealth is a tool, nothing more.  When I hear people using money as either a scoreboard or justification for personal failings, well, it only illustrates to me a poor set of priorities.

Like I said, having all the ethical and moral standards are great and something people should aspire to do. 

Achieving great wealth while keeping those qualities is even better. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

****, I think both Bushes were ethical.

Obama was ethical.

I generally wait until the game is over to complete my scorecard. 

56 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

And yet he makes millions of dollars a year and you probably don't. I'm sure he would get a giggle at you calling him dumb with his cash flow statement in hand. 

Out of the many asinine things you’ve said here in this forum, this is probably number one.

13 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Like I said, having all the ethical and moral standards are great and something people should aspire to do. 

Achieving great wealth while keeping those qualities is even better. 

I'd suggest being ethical and moral really should be expected outcome, not an aspirational goal.

If someone isn't ethical or moral or kind, something went wrong along the way.  Especially if someone has every advantage in life, including wealth.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'd suggest being ethical and moral really should be expected outcome, not an aspirational goal.

If someone isn't ethical or moral or kind, something went wrong along the way.  Especially if someone has every advantage in life, including wealth.

Acting ethically and having morals are learned behaviors- you aren't born with them. Therefore they cannot be "expected" to occur. If you don't have someone showing you that way of life you cannot be expected to live to those standards. 

10 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Out of the many asinine things you’ve said here in this forum, this is probably number one.

My God bless you. I wish you and your family a very happy and healthy new year.

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Acting ethically and having morals are learned behaviors- you aren't born with them. Therefore they cannot be "expected" to occur. If you don't have someone showing you that way of life you cannot be expected to live to those standards. 

So blame Fred and Donald Trump for their unethical children.

Can't really argue with that.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

So blame Fred and Donald Trump for their unethical children.

Can't really argue with that.

Yeah, people that donate millions to charity are terrible people. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Obama was ethical.

True. In Bush II's case he was just incapable of recognizing that people around him were either unethical or misguided - Cheney, Gonzales, Rumsfeld and other assorted neo-con hangers-on. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Obama was ethical.

In terms of modern Presidents, setting aside political differences, I feel you would have to go back to Nixon to find a President who I wouldn't consider ethical. Johnson before him as well.