chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Pretty obvious Trump wants the economy pumped up for 2020. Thing is, even if Powell would play, it's probably too late for anything the Fed does to have much effect. The lag on most monetary policy shifts as they percolate through investment decisions is at least a year. There would have to be some very fast fiscal shot in the form of a withholding holiday or investment tax credit or the like, and that would have to come from Congress and he's not going to  get that from the HOR.

Powell has pretty much been Trump's political lackey thus far, leaving little room for the Feds to make adjustments in the event of a recession.  You can't juice a dried out orange.

52 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Powell has pretty much been Trump's political lackey thus far, leaving little room for the Feds to make adjustments in the event of a recession.  You can't juice a dried out orange.

Yeah I don't agree with this at all.

Powell kept bumping up rates in 2018, as he should have... Whilst the MORON-in-CHIEF was bitching and whining incessantly to lower the rates.

And the 75 basis points he dropped in 2019 was due to Trump's damaging Tariff War. Powell did what he needed to do to limit the economic damage. Powell did EXACTLY what he needed/ was supposed to do. And while Trump is clamoring for negative rates (did I mention he's a ******* MORON?); Powell is not doing any lapdog routine whatsoever for President Clueless MF'er.

As for little room... he still has a decent economy, a potential break in the tariff wars, low unemployment, 1.75-2% Fed Rates he can lower, and the Fed can always dump money into a recessionary economy by buying up Treasuries. Powell's gun is not empty of bullets.

Republican leadership however (White House and Congress), has left us with no room to maneuver budget-wise. What stimulus package can be created/ offered when they already have us running $Trillion dollar deficits in the middle of a semi-strong economy?

Did I mention THESE Republicans, and of course President Dotard Drumpf, are ******* MORONS? Financial Morons to be more specific.

I'm actually VERY impressed with Powell.... navigating this ****-show dumpster fire of an Administration...

in order to distract from her lies about Doofus' health, "Press Secretary" makes even bigger lie

we pay this woman $180K to not hold press conferences, to go on Fox News and to tweet lies to the American people

On 11/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, mtutiger said:

Awesome. The Attorney General that my tax dollars help pay thinks I'm an enemy of the state.

I believe Barr is one of those retrograde Catholics who are simpatico with the evangelical goal of using their literal interpretation of the Bible to steer the coercive power of the State to remake man and society in their own image.

in any event, these hyperpartisan comments is proof positive that the Department of Justice is not blind.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, Euphdude said:

Trump has been a blessing to Ds at the state and local level in a way similar to how Obama and Hillary were for Rs. The GOP will need to tread water carefully if Trump wins in 2020, as it would continue if not accelerate D prominence in those state and local elections they’ve worked hard and spent a lot of money to win. 

If Trump wins and drags enough Republicans across the finish line with him to secure majorities in battleground state houses across the country, D momentum will matter a lot less since those state houses will get to redistrict to their partisan advantage after yet another census.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If Trump wins and drags enough Republicans across the finish line with him to secure majorities in battleground state houses across the country, D momentum will matter a lot less since those state houses will get to redistrict to their partisan advantage after yet another census.

I doubt we are in for a wave election for either party despite whichever candidate wins the POTUS.  Trump will have been in office for 4 years, and the D candidate won't have nearly the same amount of hate Hillary did.

and there you go, Trump gets SK to align itself with China as it has no other choice

Kim is happy and now might give Doofus a meeting

Just now, tigerbomb13 said:

More winning 

Trump is declaring an end to the United States' tenure as the greatest nation in the world.

Sure, it's been. Still is. Trump is actively working to forfeit that standing to rivals, I'm guessing because he wants to be welcomed into the he-man strongman dictators club, which he would never be, because they all know he's a l'il bish.

I got scolded on Twitter for making a comment about Trump's weight. I didn't think it was distasteful, just that he's in his 70's and obese so health concerns are likely?

My question is...

How the **** is that out of line? Granted, this was a friend who has struggled with his weight so may be sensitive to that kind of thing.

Trump has lost all the right to not be fat shamed given his abrasive persona, evil nature, and fat shaming many women including Rosie O'Donnell. Besides, I wasn't pointing and laughing, just pointing out a fact.

26 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I got scolded on Twitter for making a comment about Trump's weight. I didn't think it was distasteful, just that he's in his 70's and obese so health concerns are likely?

My question is...

How the **** is that out of line? Granted, this was a friend who has struggled with his weight so may be sensitive to that kind of thing.

Trump has lost all the right to not be fat shamed given his abrasive persona, evil nature, and fat shaming many women including Rosie O'Donnell. Besides, I wasn't pointing and laughing, just pointing out a fact.

It is fine to shame Trump in any way.  He has earned it.    As for others, obesity is a serious problem in this country, so there should be no problem with people pointing it out as a health issue.  

37 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It is fine to shame Trump in any way.  He has earned it.    As for others, obesity is a serious problem in this country, so there should be no problem with people pointing it out as a health issue.  

Trump is a unique case, since he frequently attacks others based on their physical appearance without provication.  His obesity is fair game as a result.

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

My question is...

It's ok to shame HIM.... because he does the same to others.  He thinks it's something worth shaming people for.  

4 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Trump is a unique case, since he frequently attacks others based on their physical appearance without provication.  His obesity is fair game as a result.

And their afflictions and their prisoner of war status and the fact that they oppose him.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Edman85 said:

My question is...

I can see where fat shaming Trump is tantamount to a shaming of fat people, by basically suggesting that being fat is by itself worthy of shaming. I'm sympathetic to your friend's complaint and that gives me some things to think about. There are lots of ways to shame Trump that doesn't involve shaming physical characteristics that is outside the control of many people. You can get a lot of shaming mileage just out of his words and actions.

There is one thing I won't cave on, though: I won't consider "fat" as being another f-word, as someone once suggested to me while criticizing me for characterizing a fat person as being fat.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I can see where fat shaming Trump is tantamount to a shaming of fat people, by basically suggesting that being fat is by itself worthy of shaming. I'm sympathetic to your friend's complaint and that gives me some things to think about. There are lots of ways to shame Trump that doesn't involve shaming physical characteristics that is outside the control of many people. You can get a lot of shaming mileage just out of his words and actions.

There is one thing I won't cave on, though: I won't consider "fat" as being another f-word, as someone once suggested to me while criticizing me for characterizing a fat person as being fat.

I see calling people fat as the same as calling a gay person a ***. Most people do not choose to be overweight. There are always emotional and addictive behaviors that result in overeating. You don't shame alcoholics for drinking so why shame overweight people for overeating? It is an addiction, and unlike drinking, you just can't stop eating. It would be like telling an alcoholic they must have three drinks a day but no more and no less. Eating disorders, particularly overeating, do not get the attention they deserve. It's not as simple as being lazy. I would not doubt there are underlying emotional issues that cause Trump to overeat. I suspect he really is a lonely person. People only want to be around him because of his money and now his power as president. He probably takes comfort in food. Trump, by all accounts, does not drink. Food is the next logical vice.

The United States is more obese than most other developed countries, so I think it's a more a problem of lifestyle than mental health or eating disorders.  There is no doubt that there are individuals who are unable to control their weight and people should not be shamed for it.  However, mentioning that it's a health problem in general is not shaming.   Also, Trump has shamed others for being obese, so I don't feel bad if it happens to him.  

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If you call him stupid, that shames all stupid people! If you call him a liar that shames all liars and many of those liars may have a mental health problem that causes them to lie.  The best thing to do is to be kind to everyone and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but that's really hard to do with Trump! 😃

3 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

The United States is more obese than most other developed countries, so I think it's a more a problem of lifestyle than mental health or eating disorders.  There is no doubt that there are individuals who are unable to control their weight and people should not be shamed for it.  However, mentioning that it's a health problem in general is not shaming.   Also, Trump has shamed others for being obese, so I don't feel bad if it happens to him.  

Americans are more sedentary than most of not all other developed nations, and they have access to cheap foods and drinks made with high fructose corn syrup, which easily sticks to the ribs.  We are living a lifestyle opposite to what we are evolved for physically.

Trump has been making fun of other people's appearance for decades.  He is fair game.