chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

8 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Good luck with your historically unpopular President.

Good luck to all of us with his historically unpopular president.

Looks like Donald Trump isn't the only White House executive who re-routes US aid to suit his peculiar political interests.

Last November, a top Trump appointee at the U.S. Agency for International Development wrote a candid email to colleagues about pressure from the White House to reroute Middle East aid to religious minorities, particularly Christian groups.

“Sometimes this decision will be made for us by the White House (see… Iraq! And, increasingly, Syria),” said Hallam Ferguson, a senior official in USAID’s Middle East bureau, in an email seen by ProPublica. “We need to stay ahead of this curve everywhere lest our interventions be dictated to us.”

The email underscored what had become a stark reality under the Trump White House. Decisions about U.S. aid are often no longer being governed by career professionals applying a rigorous review of applicants and their capabilities. Over the last two years, political pressure, particularly from the office of Vice President Mike Pence, had seeped into aid deliberations and convinced key decision-makers that unless they fell in line, their jobs could be at stake.

when I think what Trump, Eric, Ivanka, and Jr have given to this country, I almost want to cry

• Sad 1

Jr might be the most out of touch person in the entire country.  

27 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He's attention seeking for a book he just released.

41 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

His dad is Donald Trump...this comes as no surprise. That family is in another world.

8 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

when I think what Trump, Eric, Ivanka, and Jr have given to this country, I almost want to cry

The more I think about this the madder I get at these self entitled scum. I lost a cousin in Viet Nam. Two parents lost their only son, two sisters lost their only brother and this piece of horse patootey is whining about losing a few dollars.

I hope he and his family ends up homeless living under a bridge

40 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

The more I think about this the madder I get at these self entitled scum. I lost a cousin in Viet Nam. Two parents lost their only son, two sisters lost their only brother and this piece of horse patootey is whining about losing a few dollars.

I hope he and his family ends up homeless living under a bridge.

When Trump loses the Presidency in 2020.... or before then...

He is going bankrupt again shortly thereafter.

Book it.

3 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

It's really one of the most outrageous things wafting out of this administration.  What a ridiculously terrible thing to say.

• Thanks 1

The whole family represents everything I can't stand about people.  Could they possibly be more douchey?  

11 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

The whole family represents everything I can't stand about people.  Could they possibly be more douchey?  

Imagine eagerly volunteering to defend that ****.

3 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

"get over it"

2 hours ago, pfife said:

It's really one of the most outrageous things wafting out of this administration.  What a ridiculously terrible thing to say.

But to a lot in the military.... they don’t care.  

You’re correct.  These excusers are the problem. 

Shame on her.  I hope when she attempts to run again for any office, her opponent slams this interview in her face.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

I’ve never wanted him to tell the truth more than this. 

yeah - Nixon said that after losing in CA in 1962. Fat lot of good that did us in '68----

We will be seeing Trump for the rest of his life regardless of the outcome.  People seeing him and praising him is pretty much his whole life.  

Man, these were magic days in the Fall of 1989.  I really hope we get that feeling of euphoria back sometime in my lifetime.  

• Like 1

Speaking of walls and hatred and idiot malignant narcissists...go see Jo Jo Rabbit.

13 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Man, these were magic days in the Fall of 1989.  I really hope we get that feeling of euphoria back sometime in my lifetime.  

I really dislike the Presidency and the President, and hate what I think it says about America and Americans for having elected him.

But I live a charmed life despite that and would not go back 30 years if offered the choice.